Windows 10: Microsoft Surface 2 Camera Not working after update

Discus and support Microsoft Surface 2 Camera Not working after update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot get my camera to work after the latest windows update 1803. Any assistance would be helpful. * Moved from Insider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ulstrm, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Ulstrm Win User

Microsoft Surface 2 Camera Not working after update

I cannot get my camera to work after the latest windows update 1803.

Any assistance would be helpful.

* Moved from Insider

:)

Ulstrm, Jul 24, 2018

2. SURFACE 3 camera and sound not working

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing sound and camera on Surface 3 device, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access camera and sound on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing drivers, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

1. Press
    Windows key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting
    and select it.

2. Click on
    view all option on the upper left corner of Troubleshooting window.

3. Select the
    Hardware and Device options from the list.

4. Click
    Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

For further assistance, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Browse topics for Surface 3

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 24, 2018
  3. SURFACE BOOK 2 - IR FRONT CAMERA AND REAR CAMERA ISSUE

Click Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera

Toggle on Allow apps to access your Camera

Can you try the steps suggested in this thread for further throubleshooting?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

Andre for Directly, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

New Surface Book Firmware Updates - Oct. 11th 2017

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

See also: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (11 October 2017) Surface

Offline download: Download Surface Book Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Surface 2 Camera Not working after update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Camera

2. Camera IR microsoft surface go 2 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera IR microsoft surface go 2 not working: Hi!Windows hello on surface go 2 is not working. Upon checking, Microsoft IR camera driver is missing. This happens after doing windows update. Can you send me a driver or direct link to the driver?Already downloaded the surface go 2 driver and firmware from this link ->...
  3. Camera IR microsoft surface go 2 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera IR microsoft surface go 2 not working: Hi!Windows hello on surface go 2 is not working. Upon checking, Microsoft IR camera driver is missing. This happens after doing windows update. Can you send me a driver or direct link to the driver?Already downloaded the surface go 2 driver and firmware from this link ->...
  4. Camera IR microsoft surface go 2 not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Camera not working on Microsoft Surface 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera not working on Microsoft Surface 3: Hello, Out of the blue, my camera stopped working. It was working fine yesterday, so it's a surprise that it is not working now. As a result, I am unable to the facial recognition to log into my laptop, nor am I able to use zoom or the camera app. When I opened the camera...
  6. Microsoft Book 2 camera don't work

Microsoft Book 2 camera don't work: When I try to use camera, I see this error message: "Windows Camera App error code 0xA00F4244" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-book-2-camera-dont-work/52bf1e8b-f031-4071-88a7-12047dbe3823
  7. Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working

Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working: I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2. I installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H today, and when I restarted, my camera could not be started. I have tried uninstalling all of my camera resources and reinstalling them. I uninstalled the update. Nothing works. In...
  8. Surface book 3 - camera not working after updates

Surface book 3 - camera not working after updates: Hi! After I've installed Avast Driver Updater and restarted the computer my camera stopped working. At first, Windows Hello didn't work. I tried to open the Camera App but there was only the text that the device cannot be found. I've checked also if the camera works in other...
  9. IR Camera Front not working Surface Book 2 15"

IR Camera Front not working Surface Book 2 15": Hi I have a Surface book 2 and the IR Camera Front was working initially, just after the first boot. But after some day of use, updates etc.. now is not working anymore. In Device panel it says STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE I tried any possible way...rolling back...
  10. Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze: Hi I'm running a surface book 2 i5 with 64bit Windows 10. After 10 to 50 seconds into using my built in camera (front and rear) the image of the camera freezes and the little white light goes out. This happens with the native windows camera app as well as with third party...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft surface access camera not working