Windows 10: Microsoft Surface 3 BSOD

Discus and support Microsoft Surface 3 BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 256GB that experienced a BSOD this morning. It has a clean install of Windows 10, and has been running for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chrisfl94, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Chrisfl94 Win User

Microsoft Surface 3 BSOD

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 256GB that experienced a BSOD this morning. It has a clean install of Windows 10, and has been running for a few months without issue. It was stuck at the Surface logo screen with no circling dots, so I had to do the volume and power button procedure to get it to reboot. I have attached the zip file.

:)

Chrisfl94, Feb 22, 2016
  2. JRV_100 Win User

Critical_Process_Died

I have a Surface 3 running windows 10. Just last time when I booted my tablet it went to the BSOD saying Critical_Process_Died.

Then today I turned it on and it went to the BSOD saying the same thing, but after restarting itself it looks just fine. But I know I will get another crash, sometime.

What does this BSOD mean, what makes it happen, and how do I fix it?

I love my surface 3 and windows 10, I would hate to switch. Microsoft please make windows more stable, FAST!

I use this for school and I can not have it crashing every time it turns on.

JRV_100, Feb 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Video Scheduler Internal Error BSOD

I have a Surface Pro 3, had this issue as well as a Video_TDR_Failure (IGDKMD64.SYS) BSOD.

ChrBrown30, Feb 22, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Microsoft Surface 3 BSOD

Hi Chrisfl94,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

The crash was caused by a Symantec heuristics driver, though unless you get another crash soon you have nothing to worry *Smile Windows handles single BSOD's by itself.
    Driver Reference Table - BHDrvx64.sys
    Code: ffffd000`2223f298 fffff801`90122e61Unable to load image \??\C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\12.1.6318.6100.105\Data\Definitions\BASHDefs\20160125.011\BHDrvx64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for BHDrvx64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for BHDrvx64.sys BHDrvx64+0xa2e61[/quote]

5. Chrisfl94 Win User
    Axe0,
    Thanks for analyzing the information, I never would have picked that Symantec driver. When I used a couple of tools I downloaded to find the problem, one said it was caused by ntoskrnl.exe+146f16 and the other said FAULTING_MODULE: fffff8018e020000 ACPI. I wish I knew how you figured that out, I'd like to be able to solve my own problems.
    Chris

Chrisfl94, Feb 23, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Ntoskrnl.exe is a file of the Windows kernel, basically the Windows kernel files are never the cause but blamed because there is nothing else to blame.
    ACPI.sys is another file of Windows, Driver Reference Table - acpi.sys
    Windows files are rarely the cause.

I could give you some guidance to find the cause with a 0x9F when the first parameter is 3, but this one holds a parameter 4 which is different from the usual 0x9F. It requires some understanding of a few things to find it out with(out) getting a headache.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Surface 3 BSOD

1. Microsoft Surface 3 BSOD - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface BSOD

2. Microsoft surface 3 usb?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft surface 3 usb?: Bought a reconditioned surface 3 it's great I have windows 11 on it it's running smooth however only 2 usb ports 1/ standard size 2/ micro In the bumf that came with it it says micro usb is for charging but wouldbt any port standard usb be OK to charge? Thanks...
  3. Microsoft surface 3 usb?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft surface 3 usb?: Bought a reconditioned surface 3 it's great I have windows 11 on it it's running smooth however only 2 usb ports 1/ standard size 2/ micro In the bumf that came with it it says micro usb is for charging but wouldbt any port standard usb be OK to charge? Thanks...
  4. Microsoft Surface 3 BIOS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Surface 3 BIOS update: Been scratching my head at this for days. Dug out this SURFACE 3 convertible/tablet pc. I have very little info on this, only 2 gigs of ram. This is NOT a Microsoft Surface 3 Pro, to the best of my knowledge. As i said, i know very little info about this pc. In need of having...
  5. Camera not working on Microsoft Surface 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera not working on Microsoft Surface 3: Hello, Out of the blue, my camera stopped working. It was working fine yesterday, so it's a surprise that it is not working now. As a result, I am unable to the facial recognition to log into my laptop, nor am I able to use zoom or the camera app. When I opened the camera...
  6. Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 13

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 13: Hello, I am Nyeem. My device ask me to update the Laptop so i did, and it updated for 4 days now it just shows a black screen with the window simbol so u see, i need information about this black screen and how to fix it. Thank You for your service....
  7. Microsoft Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3: My Microsoft Surface Pro 3 won't sleep with the lid closed. I have gone to the power settings menu to discover all of the settings are blank. However, when i click the drop down menus they are all empty. Is there a fix for this? -CButler12...
  8. New Surface Laptop 3 BSOD

New Surface Laptop 3 BSOD: Hello. I recently bought a Surface Laptop 3, and in the last 3 days I have experienced two blue screens. The first gave no error message and simply left my screen blue without a cursor until I held the power button to turn it off. The most recent one gave me more information,...
  9. Microsoft Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3: Ok, so I had someone give me a Microsoft Surface Pro 3. It has a cracked screen. He also gave me a keyboard/mouse, so i can still use it. I disabled the touch part of it through Device Manager. I'm looking for a replacement screen, but I do not know what LCD/Digitizer Screen...
  10. Surface 3 BSOD After Resetting

Surface 3 BSOD After Resetting: Hello all, I am selling my Surface 3 so today I wiped all of my files off of it but after I did it became stuck on a blue screen that says INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I've been on the forums and I think I know how to fix it but I do have a question. I'm going to have to...