Windows 10: Microsoft surface 3, windows 10 version 1909 stopped at 99%

Discus and support Microsoft surface 3, windows 10 version 1909 stopped at 99% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; recently got myself a Microsoft surface 3. Running an update check, began updating to windows 10 version 1909. Stopped at 99%. Has been stuck there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LisaGrzeskowiak, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Microsoft surface 3, windows 10 version 1909 stopped at 99%

recently got myself a Microsoft surface 3. Running an update check, began updating to windows 10 version 1909. Stopped at 99%. Has been stuck there since last night. Cannot open my one drive secure files as it needs the 1909 update. Have no idea how to stop, pause, uninstall or restart the update. No very computer savvy - s o please be gentle with replies!

Thanks!

:)

LisaGrzeskowiak, Feb 22, 2020

2. Is there a problem with installing Windows 10 Version 1909 on Surface Pro 3?

Is there a potential problem with crashing a Surface Pro 3 with installation of Windows 10 version 1909?

DonaldNeill, Feb 22, 2020
  3. RodGable Win User
    Windows 10, Surface Pro 2 and Sidekick 99

• What is the make and model of the computer? - Microsoft Surface Pro 3; 128GB

• Do you get any error message? No; Task Manager just says 'not responding'; it stops responding after displaying the Sidekick 99 logo

• Since when are you facing this issue? Since I upgraded to Windows 10 on 9/7/2015

RodGable, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Microsoft surface 3, windows 10 version 1909 stopped at 99%

Is there a problem with installing Windows 10 Version 1909 on Surface Pro 3?

Hi Donald,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

No compatibility issues are listed with 1909 on Surface devices on the release information page:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/releas...

As 1909 is very small update feedback has been mostly positive from the customers.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft surface 3, windows 10 version 1909 stopped at 99%

1. Microsoft surface 3, windows 10 version 1909 stopped at 99% - Similar Threads - Microsoft surface version

2. Microsoft surface 3 usb?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft surface 3 usb?: Bought a reconditioned surface 3 it's great I have windows 11 on it it's running smooth however only 2 usb ports 1/ standard size 2/ micro In the bumf that came with it it says micro usb is for charging but wouldbt any port standard usb be OK to charge? Thanks...
  3. Microsoft surface 3 usb?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft surface 3 usb?: Bought a reconditioned surface 3 it's great I have windows 11 on it it's running smooth however only 2 usb ports 1/ standard size 2/ micro In the bumf that came with it it says micro usb is for charging but wouldbt any port standard usb be OK to charge? Thanks...
  4. Is there a compatibility issue with installing Windows 10 Version 1909 on Surface Pro 3?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a compatibility issue with installing Windows 10 Version 1909 on Surface Pro 3?: Just wanted to check before I start the upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-compatibility-issue-with-installing/8372b754-c6b9-4f23-b579-7bed5c5a476f
  5. Microsoft Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3: My Microsoft Surface Pro 3 won't sleep with the lid closed. I have gone to the power settings menu to discover all of the settings are blank. However, when i click the drop down menus they are all empty. Is there a fix for this? -CButler12...
  6. Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1909

Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1909: I have upgraded my windows to version to 1909 which was optional. Recently, I have seen that minimum processor requirements to run a windows 10 version 1909 is 10th gen intel processor but I do have an 8th gen processor. I have seen little degradation in performance. Is it...
  7. Surface Pro 3 English version to Chinese version

Surface Pro 3 English version to Chinese version: I bought a used Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 Pro English version installed. I have installed the Chinese language package. I am planning to change my English Surface Pro 3 to Chinese Surface Pro 3. I have the following questions: Q1: I am wondering what are the...
  8. Is there a problem with installing Windows 10 Version 1909 on Surface Pro 3?

Is there a problem with installing Windows 10 Version 1909 on Surface Pro 3?: Is there a potential problem with crashing a Surface Pro 3 with installation of Windows 10 version 1909? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-problem-with-installing-windows-10/cbf0ddfc-a3fb-4ffb-8689-401f9eb3f44e
  9. Microsoft Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3: Ok, so I had someone give me a Microsoft Surface Pro 3. It has a cracked screen. He also gave me a keyboard/mouse, so i can still use it. I disabled the touch part of it through Device Manager. I'm looking for a replacement screen, but I do not know what LCD/Digitizer Screen...
  10. Microsoft Surface 3 BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface 3 BSOD: I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 256GB that experienced a BSOD this morning. It has a clean install of Windows 10, and has been running for a few months without issue. It was stuck at the Surface logo screen with no circling dots, so I had to do the volume and power button...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 version 1909 stuck at 99% surface