Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2. I installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H today, and when I restarted, my camera could not be started.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DWilly3, Jan 19, 2021.

1. DWilly3 Win User

Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working

I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2. I installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H today, and when I restarted, my camera could not be started. I have tried uninstalling all of my camera resources and reinstalling them. I uninstalled the update. Nothing works. In device manager, I found this error:

This device cannot start. Code 10

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

The error exists for the following devices:

Microsoft Camera Front

Microsoft Camera Rear

Microsoft IR Camera Front

Do I have a hardware failure, or is this some kind of driver mismatch?

:)

DWilly3, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working

1. Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Book

2. Windows Hello stopped working on my Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello stopped working on my Surface Book 2: My Surface book 2 running Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎2/‎24/‎2021 OS build 19042.844 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 no longer does Windows Hello. TPM is fully activated and the drivers for Windows Hello are the latest....
  3. Microsoft Surface Book 2 camera showing blank in MS Teams

Microsoft Surface Book 2 camera showing blank in MS Teams: Hope I've posted this in the right forum. I have a Corporate user who is using a Microsoft Surface Book 2, and he's experiencing issue activating the built-in camera when using TEAMS only. Both the front and rear facing camera shows a blank black image. The light next to the...
  4. Microsoft Book 2 camera don't work

Microsoft Book 2 camera don't work: When I try to use camera, I see this error message: "Windows Camera App error code 0xA00F4244" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-book-2-camera-dont-work/52bf1e8b-f031-4071-88a7-12047dbe3823
  5. surface book camera

surface book camera: the camera is not working and not showing in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-camera/c1f1ae7f-d81e-462d-b1d8-de0d1a01d72a
  6. Camera doesn't work in Surface Book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera doesn't work in Surface Book: Cameras are not activated and camera drivers don't appear to be present. The error is "No Cameras are attached." How can cameras be activated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-doesnt-work-in-surface-book/6ec33bcb-6865-4771-859d-4745dcf1cc49
  7. IR Camera Front not working Surface Book 2 15"

IR Camera Front not working Surface Book 2 15": Hi I have a Surface book 2 and the IR Camera Front was working initially, just after the first boot. But after some day of use, updates etc.. now is not working anymore. In Device panel it says STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE I tried any possible way...rolling back...
  8. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  9. Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze: Hi I'm running a surface book 2 i5 with 64bit Windows 10. After 10 to 50 seconds into using my built in camera (front and rear) the image of the camera freezes and the little white light goes out. This happens with the native windows camera app as well as with third party...
  10. Fix Surface Pro or Surface Book Camera not working

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Surface Pro or Surface Book Camera not working: [ATTACH] There are many who would use their laptop camera for an online meeting or live streaming or maybe just call their loved ones to for celebration, and if that camera stops working, there is much of trouble. If Surface Pro [...] This post Fix Surface Pro or Surface...