Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Book Random System Freeze

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Book Random System Freeze in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have read other threads on Win10 freezing after upgrades but they are very different than what I am experiencing. Just got the Surface Book this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pkMyt1, Oct 26, 2015.

1. pkMyt1 Win User

Microsoft Surface Book Random System Freeze

I have read other threads on Win10 freezing after upgrades but they are very different than what I am experiencing. Just got the Surface Book this morning. It is the i7, 256 Gb hard drive, 8 Gb ram version. Without installing anything the system randomly freezes. Does it more often if using the stylus. The only way to recover is a hard reboot. I turned off BitLocker and reduced it from every few minutes to maybe 1x per hour. Looks completely random. I also changed to local login and appeared to reduce it more. Can actually use the stylus some now. I have downloaded all the updates. After reading all the problems with Win10 freezing I am wondering if it is an OS bug and not a hardware problem. It has me seriously considering taking this back to the store. Anyone out there have any other ideas? I am going to try turning the blue tooth off and try it that way but without the stylus this laptop is not worth the 2400 to me.

:)

pkMyt1, Oct 26, 2015

2. Microsoft designer hotkeys not working after sleep

i have the identitcal issue.

microsoft sent a brand new designer desktop to address the problem, installed, and same issue. Both keyboards perform in the same manner (freezing up for 15 key strokes after pressing the media row keys). Same issue on my surface book, and my co workers
    surface book.

This is clearly a microsoft issue, and it is a shame that the wont fix it. A microsoft designed keyboard, running on a microsoft designed surface book, running microsoft 10 (even the new update yesterday), and nothing.

Come on Microsoft! fix the problem!

Brody Jespersen, Oct 26, 2015
  3. RickYeo Win User
    10586 Upgrade - SFC/DISM errors

I have same problem as described on fully updated Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book (2 of these). MS support had me return/replace a surface book and it has the same problem.

One support tech told me "oh, yea, systems fail the SFC test all the time". So I fired up my other 5 windows 10 systems here, ran SFC, and when I was done, 5 of 5 non-MS systems PASSED, and 3 of 3 MS systems FAILED.

I was on chat with another tech later, and he was more supportive, and wanted to get copies of the three system's failure logs, so I sent them.

With the stability "freezing" issues (especially the Surface Book seems to have that remain), I hope MS gets on this.

RickYeo, Oct 26, 2015
  4. Ume umi Win User

I am very disappointed, this has frozen on me several times tonight. Control alt delete will not work either, I have the same model you have, did not even use the stylus yet, serious bug. Hope they patch this asap,

Ume umi, Oct 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Surface Book Random System Freeze - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Book

2. Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing: Good day everyone, and thanks in advance for any replies!For the past few days, my Surface Book 3 screen has been freezing randomly.In fact, it is only the display on the internal screen that freezes, otherwise the PC continues to run normally. I know that because a second...
  3. Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing: Good day everyone, and thanks in advance for any replies!For the past few days, my Surface Book 3 screen has been freezing randomly.In fact, it is only the display on the internal screen that freezes, otherwise the PC continues to run normally. I know that because a second...
  4. Surface Book 2 Keeps Detaching/Freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book 2 Keeps Detaching/Freezing: My surface book keeps detaching and showing the flashing green button every time I do something. I noticed sliding it over, pushing the screen back, slightly bumping it, picking it up causes it to make the "detach/reattach" noise and freeze. It freezes for about 10 seconds or...
  5. Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book: I cannot install chrome browser on my Surface Book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book/cda81878-dcdf-4625-9a44-7fe9e31ab73b
  6. Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze: Hi I'm running a surface book 2 i5 with 64bit Windows 10. After 10 to 50 seconds into using my built in camera (front and rear) the image of the camera freezes and the little white light goes out. This happens with the native windows camera app as well as with third party...
  7. System Freezes randomly!

System Freezes randomly!: Hallo guys, this month i experience a very strange thing happening to my pc. My pc randomly freezes and i have to hard restart in order to start using it again! No bsod or something. I ve ran a memtest for a night but it came out clear! Can you help me? 116500
  8. Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book: can I download icloud onto my Surface Book and if so how? want to import pics stored there from my iPhone. tried to trf directrly from the iPhone but they are held as optimised files and don't have enough storage to de-optimised if that makes sense. hope you can help....
  9. Random system freezes

Random system freezes: I have been getting for over a couple of months random system freezes. Using driver verifier causes my pc to bootloop so I guess it must be driver related. sfc/scannow finds no problems and all my drivers should be up to date. Bios is at the latest version too. The crashes...
  10. Random BSOD on Surface Book

Random BSOD on Surface Book: Hi. I've had a very stable Surface Book until the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Since then I've been getting random BSODs with a variety of stopcodes. The most prevalent one is IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but I've had others. Sometimes it will go a couple of days without...