Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Camera not working - I've tried all trouble shooting guidance

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Camera not working - I've tried all trouble shooting guidance in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm trying to get my camera to work on my Surface Pro SKU 1796. However, I get the following error, I've tried all the trouble-shooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jeromy Meerman, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Microsoft Surface Camera not working - I've tried all trouble shooting guidance

Hi there,

I'm trying to get my camera to work on my Surface Pro SKU 1796.

However, I get the following error, I've tried all the trouble-shooting guidance, but no love.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/camera-doesn-t-work-in-windows-10-32adb016-b29c-a928-0073-53d31da0dad5

Microsoft Surface Camera not working - I've tried all trouble shooting guidance 3f9e1974-4825-43e7-8f87-3b227e7b0996?upload=true.png

Can I get some help please?

Jeromy

:)

Jeromy Meerman, Feb 27, 2021

2. Surface pro 3 trouble shooting

Okay where do I start? I recently was trying to re-install windows 10 onto my surface pro 3 when so many things went wrong.

1. During the installation the surface shutdown unexpectedly then displayed the temperature warning sign.

2. After the shutdown the surface kept hanging on the surface logo screen

3. I tried using a bootable USB to install the windows 10 ISO but was met with a message saying it basically couldn't boot

4 I tried trouble shooting but when I try to use the system restore, system image recovery, startup repair, command prompt it says I need to log in as an admin but no admin accounts are available, the suggestion is to boot up the computer and logon as admin
    - which is obviosuly not possible in my situation. I really need to fix this soon as I need the surface for tomorrow. Thanks!

SevyLortie, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Camera and trouble shooting notworking

Thank you for providing me with the methods, I've tried all the methods you've provided but none of them worked. The imaging device only provide me only Microsoft as the only manufacture and none of the devices could be recognized by the computer and for
    camera device, no option provided and its says i must have a disk. In trouble shooting option, no hardware and devices option available. I even tried to download devices from the company website and it didn't work as well so at this point i'm lost and I've
    got no idea what to do.

In a Nutshell, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Microsoft Surface Camera not working - I've tried all trouble shooting guidance

Surface pro 3 trouble shooting

Thank you for responding. I am currently not able to even get passed the hung surface screen unless I boot into the trouble shooting options. Then from there it asks me if I can boot into windows 10 to fix the issue of no admins but when I try to select
    "exit and go to windows 10" it hangs at the surface screen.

Edit: I'm assuming this is because of a corrupt windows 10 install due to the surface shutting down during instillation.

SevyLortie, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Surface Camera not working - I've tried all trouble shooting guidance

1. Microsoft Surface Camera not working - I've tried all trouble shooting guidance - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Camera

2. my camera suddenly stopped working. I've tried all the trouble shooting but to no avail. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my camera suddenly stopped working. I've tried all the trouble shooting but to no avail. I...: My camera suddenly stopped working and i've tried all the trouble shooting tricks to help fix this problem but to no avail. I'll really appreciate the assistance....
  3. my camera suddenly stopped working. I've tried all the trouble shooting but to no avail. I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my camera suddenly stopped working. I've tried all the trouble shooting but to no avail. I...: My camera suddenly stopped working and i've tried all the trouble shooting tricks to help fix this problem but to no avail. I'll really appreciate the assistance....
  4. my camera suddenly stopped working. I've tried all the trouble shooting but to no avail. I...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft is getting rid of all the Trouble Shooting tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft is getting rid of all the Trouble Shooting tools: Since Microsoft is removing all Trouble Shooting tools and I cannot locate any other help are they still going to provide help? I heard that they were going to start charging monthly charge, us on top of the original purchase of Windows when we purchase our computers. Are...
  6. Microsoft is getting rid of all the Trouble Shooting tools

Microsoft is getting rid of all the Trouble Shooting tools: Since Microsoft is removing all Trouble Shooting tools and I cannot locate any other help are they still going to provide help? I heard that they were going to start charging monthly charge, us on top of the original purchase of Windows when we purchase our computers. Are...
  7. Why is my camera not working? I've tried trouble shooting but it's still not working. Even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my camera not working? I've tried trouble shooting but it's still not working. Even...: Why is my camera not working? I've tried trouble shooting but it's still not working. Even after enabling the camera, it just wouldn't work * Moved from Community Center...
  8. Why is my camera not working? I've tried trouble shooting but it's still not working. Even...

Why is my camera not working? I've tried trouble shooting but it's still not working. Even...: Why is my camera not working? I've tried trouble shooting but it's still not working. Even after enabling the camera, it just wouldn't work * Moved from Community Center...
  9. camera app trouble shooting

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    camera app trouble shooting: my camera app is not working it is showing close other apps it looks like some other app is using the camera to use the camera here error code 0xA00F4288 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-trouble-shooting/6f6bfcf4-6ed8-4063-b1b3-69203da9ccf2
  10. Camera and trouble shooting notworking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera and trouble shooting notworking: I found out that my camera is not working so decided to troubleshooting, however it doesn't give me the option of troubleshooting devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-trouble-shooting-notworking/23704f4a-cc1c-4079-a4d8-9b0b8952a925