Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Go Function and Multimedia Keys

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Go Function and Multimedia Keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to enable the use of the F1 - F12 keys be default without having to press the Fn Key to swap from the multimedia keys, is changing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jibbity, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Jibbity Win User

Microsoft Surface Go Function and Multimedia Keys

Is there a way to enable the use of the F1 - F12 keys be default without having to press the Fn Key to swap from the multimedia keys, is changing a setting in Regedit?

:)

Jibbity, Oct 8, 2018

2. Turn Function Keys Into Multimedia Keys

Is it possible to make my Function Keys work like multimedia keys on desktop?

ChrisFoster41, Oct 8, 2018
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Microsoft Surface Go Function and Multimedia Keys

Turn Function Keys Into Multimedia Keys

Hi Chris,

If you want to have function keys on your keyboard, it is better to have your own multimedia keyboard. There are lots of third party keyboards or you can use Microsoft multimedia keyboard. For more information check this

link

Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Surface Go Function and Multimedia Keys

1. Microsoft Surface Go Function and Multimedia Keys - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Function

2. Function keys stuck as multimedia keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys stuck as multimedia keys: I’m having trouble with my function keys : I was playing valorant and got a bit angry so I half smacked half angrily typed on the keyboard resulting in a gibberish sentence to be thrown up. Now the consequences to my actions resulted in a few issues but i unplugged my...
  3. Function keys stuck as multimedia keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function keys stuck as multimedia keys: I’m having trouble with my function keys : I was playing valorant and got a bit angry so I half smacked half angrily typed on the keyboard resulting in a gibberish sentence to be thrown up. Now the consequences to my actions resulted in a few issues but i unplugged my...
  4. Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys: Hi there,So I seem to have this problem with my external keyboard.The 'Fn lock' is enabled on my laptop, but still the F-keys on my external keyboard act as if it were off act as multimedia keys. When I turn off 'Fn lock' on my laptop, the F-keys on my external keyboard still...
  5. Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys

Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys: Hi there,So I seem to have this problem with my external keyboard.The 'Fn lock' is enabled on my laptop, but still the F-keys on my external keyboard act as if it were off act as multimedia keys. When I turn off 'Fn lock' on my laptop, the F-keys on my external keyboard still...
  6. Can't find how to disable function/multimedia keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find how to disable function/multimedia keys.: Hi, I'm having some issues with my function hotkeys, in games like Minecraft, I need to use hotkeys life F3 + G/H and so forth. Problem is that Fn + G/H controls the volume, making it unable to use those controls in-game. I've looked around everywhere, cannot find a proper...
  7. Can't find how to disable function/multimedia keys.

Can't find how to disable function/multimedia keys.: Hi, I'm having some issues with my function hotkeys, in games like Minecraft, I need to use hotkeys life F3 + G/H and so forth. Problem is that Fn + G/H controls the volume, making it unable to use those controls in-game. I've looked around everywhere, cannot find a proper...
  8. Multimedia Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multimedia Keys: When I try to use my multimedia keys it only launches windows media player and I can't use these keys for Spotify. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multimedia-keys/34280d0f-25db-4b34-a346-aa5ee31c9ed1
  9. FN key multimedia functions not working Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FN key multimedia functions not working Win 10: I don't understand why my FN key is not registering like i tried everything to fix it: -troubleshoot hardware -press f11 f12 -held FN then banged the keyboard with my head -esc lock -caps lock None of them worked out and i know that the key was working before because i could...
  10. Multimedia Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multimedia Keys: Hello! I have the All In One Media keyboard and I want to disable the multimedia keys (like the home button, the music button and the explorer button) so I can use them for something else. How do I do it? I can't find any way....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface go function keys

2. fn key stuck on surface go

3. fn key surface go

4. i have a surface 2 how do i brighten the keys,
  5. surface laptop volume and brightness keys not working,
  6. microsoft surface go fn key,
  7. surface go keyboard function keys,
  8. surface go fn keys dont work,
  9. functions to work surface go,
  10. f9 key on surface,
  11. microsoft surface go fn key default,