Windows 10: Microsoft Surface is locked up and unresponsive

Discus and support Microsoft Surface is locked up and unresponsive in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Microsoft Surface is on and completely locked up and unresponsive. I have tried everything to shut it down but it won't respond to any command.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ol sarge, Feb 14, 2021.

1. ol sarge Win User

Microsoft Surface is locked up and unresponsive

My Microsoft Surface is on and completely locked up and unresponsive. I have tried everything to shut it down but it won't respond to any command. Even the Power button on the top left corner gets no response. What can I do?

:)

ol sarge, Feb 14, 2021

2. Microsoft launches Surface Computing

The launch of Microsoft Surface marks the beginning of a new technology category and a user-interface revolution. Surface, Microsoft’s first surface computer, provides effortless interaction with digital content through natural hand gestures, touch and physical objects. Surface computing breaks down traditional barriers between people and technology, changing the way people interact with all kinds of everyday information — from photos to maps to menus.

Key features demonstrated in the videos included:
    • Multi-touch ability.
    • Recognition and syncing of wireless devices by placing on touch panel
    • Ability to identify non-digital devices, such as a drink glass, based on shape.
    • Hand gesture system to further interact with the touch panel.
    • New, non-windows based interface.
    The videos really speak for themselves. According to the website, Surface technology will be
    available in Winter 2007.

Source: Microsoft Surface

wazzledoozle, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Microsoft Surface is locked up and unresponsive

ARC Mouse locking up Surface Win 10 Tablet

Hello Eric,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact of your Surface device?
    • Please clarify that the issue is about the ARC Bluetooth Mouse somehow locks your computer and sends you to the lockscreen.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to try performing the steps in the articles below to troubleshoot the said issue:

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Surface is locked up and unresponsive

1. Microsoft Surface is locked up and unresponsive - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface locked

2. Unresponsive windows surface go

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive windows surface go: Hi, my windows surface go is unresponsive. I was using it when the low battery sign came on so i plugged it in to the chargerit is not original and it immediately shut off. I borrowed an original charger and it still has not turned on at all. I tried the holding down the on...
  3. Unresponsive windows surface go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unresponsive windows surface go: Hi, my windows surface go is unresponsive. I was using it when the low battery sign came on so i plugged it in to the chargerit is not original and it immediately shut off. I borrowed an original charger and it still has not turned on at all. I tried the holding down the on...
  4. microsoft news locks up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft news locks up: I had to reload windows 10 and now microsoft news locks up why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-locks-up/13ab5d5c-9273-4e1a-8a64-d4893e1bdf93
  5. PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly: GPU: RTX 2060 Super CPU: Ryzen 7 3800xRAM: 32g Corsair MoBo: MSI x570 Recently I have been having an issue where my computer will begin to become unresponsive. At first I thought that it was totally at random but I have narrowed it down to when I am watching a youtube video....
  6. Windows lock screen unresponsive

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows lock screen unresponsive: When I leave my PC I lock it with Windows Key + L. Then, when I come back, I tap a key on my keyboard to resume display output. My computer is not set to go to sleep, but the display turns off when it is locked. The screen turns on to show the lock screen. I can move my mouse...
  7. Lock screen unresponsive

Lock screen unresponsive: When i first turn on my computer the lockscreen shows up, the one that slides uo to reveal the page where I am supposed to enter my password, that slide up screen is completely unresponsive, the touch screen won't do anything, neither will my keyboard or mouse, the screen...
  8. Lock Screen Is Laggy and Unresponsive

Lock Screen Is Laggy and Unresponsive: My lock screen is laggy and only wallpaper of lock screen is shown for many minutes. Then after some minutes, it responds. But it takes a lot of time! Sometimes it doesn't respond, the only option left with me then is to remove the battery and start it again! But I can't...
  9. Microsoft Surface does not have Rotation Lock.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Surface does not have Rotation Lock.: Photos look fine in desktop but once opened they rotate and I can not find the rotation lock feature. How do I get it or enable it? submitted by /u/grootzy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eipaid/microsoft_surface_does_not_have_rotation_lock/
  10. Locked out of Microsoft Surface Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of Microsoft Surface Laptop: I was trying to solve a Skype issue that required restarting my Microsoft Surface laptop. However I am now on my login page (which looks a little different with an internet icon indicating flight mode, an ease of access icon, and a power icon to restart or shut down, all on...