Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Keyboard Lag/Delay after sleep

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Keyboard Lag/Delay after sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, This question was asked before but these answers didn't help. I just got new Microsoft Surface Keyboard and after I'm away for 5-10 mins it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Saq9132, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Saq9132 Win User

Microsoft Surface Keyboard Lag/Delay after sleep

Hello,

This question was asked before but these answers didn't help.

I just got new Microsoft Surface Keyboard and after I'm away for 5-10 mins it goes to sleep and when I try to type something it freezes for 5-7 seconds.

What I have and did:

• Recent Updated Windows
    • Toggle Tp LINK UB400 & Surface Keyboard are new and doesn't require drivers for Win10'
    • I unchecked every possible power savings settings for USB and for Keyboard itself: There's no ANY other option for power management for other Bluetooth and keyboard devices

Edit: Yes, I'm using simple computer with Windows 10 on it, prior that I had an old wireless Microsoft keyboard and had no problems with it.

Microsoft Surface Keyboard Lag/Delay after sleep e1310c04-04bf-4b84-bfdb-fa7171257a0e?upload=true.png Microsoft Surface Keyboard Lag/Delay after sleep 9c6e1c04-708f-452a-832c-ff0eae39ef59?upload=true.png

:)

Saq9132, Apr 26, 2020

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Microsoft Surface Keyboard Lag/Delay after sleep

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center does not recognize Microsoft Surface Laptop keyboard

Problem:

1. I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop, with Windows 10 Pro, which naturally comes with a brand new Microsoft keyboard hardwired to the laptop.
    2. I installed the
      Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center
      to reassign some of the keyboard keys.
    3. However, Microsoft's keyboard program does not detect Microsoft's own keyboard!
    Failed solutions:

1. All the help pages say "update your drivers" or "unplug the USB device and plug it back in." However, this is a laptop keyboard, which is hardwired, not a USB keyboard. It is working fine, so there's no reason why the program should not detect it.
    2. Yes, EVERYTHING is up to date, including ALL Windows Updates and ALL keyboard drivers.
    3. Yes, I tried the troubleshooter.
    4. Yes, I checked
      the list of "supported devices" that Microsoft lists here
      . But they are all mice, none of them are keyboards.
    5. Screenshots of my steps are below -- Microsoft moderators, please don't dismiss me by saying "run the troubleshooter" or "update your drivers" or "turn it off and on again."
    Questions:

1. Has anyone actually SEEN the Mouse and Keyboard Center recognize a Windows laptop keyboard? Not a USB external keyboard, the actual physical laptop keyboard?
    2. Does the Mouse and Keyboard Center actually work with laptops? There's no documentation suggesting it shouldn't, especially with Microsoft's own hardware (like the Surface Laptop).
    3. Where is there a list of what keyboards work with the "Mouse and *Keyboard* Center"?
    Screenshots:

1. "No supported device detected"

Microsoft Surface Keyboard Lag/Delay after sleep fcf9e7af-3161-4074-b129-b6833779b44f?upload=true.png

2. "The best drivers are already installed"

Microsoft Surface Keyboard Lag/Delay after sleep f45af9e7-01c2-4665-9df1-9dc0661d42ee?upload=true.png

Microsoft Surface Keyboard Lag/Delay after sleep 34fcc9c2-7226-431b-8af2-5b55d425826a?upload=true.png

3. "Keyboard troubleshooting has completed, no changes or updates were necessary"

Microsoft Surface Keyboard Lag/Delay after sleep b93ddf51-87ff-4e6e-b2cc-00da48760412?upload=true.png

Daniel_336, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Surface Keyboard Lag/Delay after sleep

1. Microsoft Surface Keyboard Lag/Delay after sleep - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Keyboard

2. Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing: I have tried multiple methods to get this to stop but nothing works and its driving me crazy. please someone help with this problem.my keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Elite and im running on Windows 11....
  3. Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing: I have tried multiple methods to get this to stop but nothing works and its driving me crazy. please someone help with this problem.my keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Elite and im running on Windows 11....
  4. Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay: I am on Windows 11 using a wireless USB mouse and keyboard. Every once in a while the keyboard/mouse will have severe input delay/lag. As in, while I'm typing at a normal speed, letters will be missed. And, even worse, the mouse lags, skips, and jumps around the screen,...
  5. Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay

Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay: I am on Windows 11 using a wireless USB mouse and keyboard. Every once in a while the keyboard/mouse will have severe input delay/lag. As in, while I'm typing at a normal speed, letters will be missed. And, even worse, the mouse lags, skips, and jumps around the screen,...
  6. after sleep mode.... delayed reactions

after sleep mode.... delayed reactions: creating a new discussion because no answers to the question from May in recent days, with new tests. anything suggested as a solution, no matter how irrelevant, made no difference. This is frustrating. But at least now I don't have to hit the reset button to use my pc. Link...
  7. Microsoft Surface Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard lag: I have a Microsoft Surface Wireless Ergonomic Bluetooth Keyboard, and I am running Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1165. Much like the person who asked this question, anytime I go ~1 minute or more without typing, the ENTIRE computer freezes for a second presumably...
  8. Random Lag & Delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Lag & Delay: Yesterday, my laptop was working fine and running with quick speed, until I slapped my desk. When I hit my desk, my laptop's screen cut to black. I checked the cables and nothing was unplugged, I then decided to try power my laptop up, and it worked, but there was a problem....
  9. Microsoft Surface Keyboard lagging/freezes - driver issues perhaps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Keyboard lagging/freezes - driver issues perhaps: Hi, I have a desktop PC with Windows 10 to which I have connected the Microsoft Surface Keyboard to the only way to connect it is bluetooth. It was easy to install, but the keyboard isn't working properly. I also have the Surface Precision Mouse connected via bluetooth,...
  10. cursor delay lag

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor delay lag: while using a brush on any software i notice a delay between the mouse and a brush, the mouse creates a distance when i start moving and the brush falls behind but come back to wheres the cursor when i stop moving example pic& gif it happens on any software...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 5 keyboard lag