Windows 10: Microsoft Surface -- keys keep repeating

Discus and support Microsoft Surface -- keys keep repeating in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've searched this topic extensively online and I have not been able to find a definitive solution. Randomly -- not consistently -- while typing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by michael keaton, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Microsoft Surface -- keys keep repeating

I've searched this topic extensively online and I have not been able to find a definitive solution.

Randomly -- not consistently -- while typing a single keeeeeeeey will repeat. I have tried 4 different USB Wired and Wireless Keyboards the keyboards work fine with other computers. I have adjusted the keystroke repeat settings for delay and repeat speed.

I'm using a Microsoft Surface Dock the Microsoft OEM Dock, not an off-brand. I've tried plugging the keyboards directly into the dock and I've also tried using a USB Hub.

I've also ensured that the Surface is up-to-date with Surface firmware and Microsoft updates.

There seems to be quite a few people who have posted online with this same problem. Please let me know if you have found a conclusive solution.

Thanks

:)

michael keaton, Mar 31, 2021

2. Microsoft launches Surface Computing

The launch of Microsoft Surface marks the beginning of a new technology category and a user-interface revolution. Surface, Microsoft’s first surface computer, provides effortless interaction with digital content through natural hand gestures, touch and physical objects. Surface computing breaks down traditional barriers between people and technology, changing the way people interact with all kinds of everyday information — from photos to maps to menus.

Key features demonstrated in the videos included:
    • Multi-touch ability.
    • Recognition and syncing of wireless devices by placing on touch panel
    • Ability to identify non-digital devices, such as a drink glass, based on shape.
    • Hand gesture system to further interact with the touch panel.
    • New, non-windows based interface.
    The videos really speak for themselves. According to the website, Surface technology will be
    available in Winter 2007.

Source: Microsoft Surface

wazzledoozle, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Microsoft Surface -- keys keep repeating

Microsoft Surface Mouse

Hi Monica,

Issues with using Microsoft Surface mouse are usually occurring due to software and hardware issues. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your device before this issue occurred?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this
    link
    . It serves as a guide on how to troubleshoot problems with your Bluetooth mouse.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Surface -- keys keep repeating

1. Microsoft Surface -- keys keep repeating - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface keys

2. My keyboard keeps repeating a random key suddenly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard keeps repeating a random key suddenly.: It happens every few days. When the issue starts I even disconnected the keyboard and it keeps typing only a single letter or character indefinitely. My only solution is restarting the pc and it would work for a couple of days. How can I solve this issue definitely?...
  3. My keyboard keeps repeating a random key suddenly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard keeps repeating a random key suddenly.: It happens every few days. When the issue starts I even disconnected the keyboard and it keeps typing only a single letter or character indefinitely. My only solution is restarting the pc and it would work for a couple of days. How can I solve this issue definitely?...
  4. My keyboard keeps repeating a random key suddenly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. keys keeps repeating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys keeps repeating: Some keys like P and TYKLM are repeating on my keyboard. It happens a lot today. I am typing in my on screen keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-keeps-repeating/714c7eb5-548d-4fec-bb20-ca35dbe55721
  6. keys keeps repeating

keys keeps repeating: Some keys like P and TYKLM are repeating on my keyboard. It happens a lot today. I am typing in my on screen keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-keeps-repeating/714c7eb5-548d-4fec-bb20-ca35dbe55721
  7. keys keeps repeating

8. Repeat key not working

Repeat key not working: Repeat key function is not working on any of the keys of my laptop keyboard. I changed my keypad a month back. Can't remember if this problem started since then or only now. I didn't notice as I didn't use my laptop much,I tried attaching another keyboard via USB port. It...
  9. Phantom keystrokes - W key keeps repeating

Phantom keystrokes - W key keeps repeating: If on my laptop keyboard I keep the W key pressed for a few seconds, then it keeps delivering a W input after I release it, sometimes for 5 seconds or so after I stopped pressing it. The longer I keep it pressed, the longer the phantom input continues for after I lift my...
  10. Key Repeat

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Repeat: Ok so basically, Key repeat is the amount of time from when you hold down a key on your keyboard; and it continuously adds whatever letter you inputted. For example, if I held down the "a" key for long enough, the computer interprets that as "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". I'm...