Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 Windows 10 Enterprise Activation Home-Enter

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 Windows 10 Enterprise Activation Home-Enter in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All I've recently been given 3 Microsoft Surface Laptop 4's to get ready for my Users.They were purchased with Windows 10 Home.We have all got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SteveITGuy76, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 Windows 10 Enterprise Activation Home-Enter

Hi All I've recently been given 3 Microsoft Surface Laptop 4's to get ready for my Users.They were purchased with Windows 10 Home.We have all got Microsoft 365 E3 Licences which includes Windows 10 Enterprise.However when I install the laptop from the Latest version of Windows 10 and it gets AutoPilot'd when configuring the laptop I've noticed that it's not activated.Edition : Windows 10 EnterpriseSubscription : Windows 10 Enterprise subscription is activeActivation : Windows is not activatedFound an articlehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-the-windows

:)

SteveITGuy76, Sep 1, 2021

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Sep 1, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Sep 1, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 Windows 10 Enterprise Activation Home-Enter

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 Windows 10 Enterprise Activation Home-Enter :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 Windows 10 Enterprise Activation Home-Enter

1. Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 Windows 10 Enterprise Activation Home-Enter - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Laptop

2. Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot: Hello!A user updated their Surface Laptop 4 overnight and when they came back in the following day, it would no longer boot. Upon review, I did find that it was fully unable to POST, get to BIOS, etc. This laptop is just 2 months out of support, so I can't send it to...
  3. Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot: Hello!A user updated their Surface Laptop 4 overnight and when they came back in the following day, it would no longer boot. Upon review, I did find that it was fully unable to POST, get to BIOS, etc. This laptop is just 2 months out of support, so I can't send it to...
  4. Windows 10 home activation from 10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home activation from 10 enterprise: So, I bought a hp laptop with windows 10. I was roaming around the internet and accidentally corrupted my pc with a virus which destroyed all my data. Took it to a local **** who installed a 10 enterprise instead. Its not activated anymore and is showing a ACTIVATE WINDOWS...
  5. Activated Windows 10 Home upgraded to not activated Windows 10 Enterprise by itself

Activated Windows 10 Home upgraded to not activated Windows 10 Enterprise by itself: Hi, So my question is, why my activated Windows 10 Home upgraded itself to not activated Windows 10 Enterprise? This happened after I installed AMD Radeon Software....
  6. Bought windows 10 home but it installed enterprise not activated?

Bought windows 10 home but it installed enterprise not activated?: I recentley purchased windows 10 home from microsoft and when i downloaded the installation media onto a flash drive and ran it on my pc, it installed a non activated version of windows enterprise. Ive trued completley wiping the system and resetting the pc and downloading...
  7. Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4: I have a Surface Pro 4, that got screwed up during a windows update. Now the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I have tried the usual things. Like using Diskpart etc, the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I believe this to be a known issue. Has...
  8. Surface pro 4 windows activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface pro 4 windows activation: I bought a used Microsoft surface pro 4. When I go to activation it tells me that windows 10 cannot be activated. Also, it is not giving me the option to go to the store and buy. Someone help!!! submitted by /u/xxxiblaylley [link] [comments]...
  9. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 can't connect to home wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4 can't connect to home wifi: My Surface Pro 4 will not connect to my home wifi. It connected just fine until it received a windows update a couple months ago. It connects to other networks without any problem and many other devices (including windows 10) connect to the home wifi without any problems....
  10. Can we install Windows 10 Enterprise Edtion on Surface Pro 4 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can we install Windows 10 Enterprise Edtion on Surface Pro 4 ?: Hello guys, I'm looking to pick up a Surface Pro 4 over the holidays and I need control over whether my machine gets updates or not and when as well. I just updated my Desktop PC to the Anniversary update and it looks like the deferred upgrades option is no longer present...