Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Laptop 5 with Docking Station V2

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Laptop 5 with Docking Station V2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop with TB4 docking station, all that was needed was one power supply from the docking station and the TB4 cable to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Clayton_B, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Clayton_B Win User

Microsoft Surface Laptop 5 with Docking Station V2

I had a Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop with TB4 docking station, all that was needed was one power supply from the docking station and the TB4 cable to the laptop and everything was charging okNow with the Surface Laptop 5, I need 2 power supplies, 1 for the docking station and another to charge the laptop.So I need an additional power supply to keep in my laptop bag when I am on the move..What a joke!!

:)

Clayton_B, Mar 31, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 31, 2023
  3. Marrion_Y Win User
    microsoft surface dock cant write on ssd

Hi ramin rostami1,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community.

May I know when did this issue started and were there any changes made on the device or on the set up before this happened?

Just to make sure: this occurs on all the USB 3.0 ports of the Surface Dock (1stgen) including the USB 3.0 ports at the back of the dock, correct?

Please provide us also with the firmware version that is currently installed on your Surface Dock 1. To get the firmware version, kindly try to open the Surface app of the device then select the Surface Dock,

Please check also in Device Manager if a driver is getting an error while the Surface Dock is connected with the external SSD connected to it.

For now, please try to perform a force shutdown on the device while the Surface Dock is connected with the external SSD connected to it by pressing and holding down the power button of the device for 20 seconds to clear its hardware cache then see if still the issue persists.

If still the issue persists, kindly try resetting the dock by following these steps below: (Troubleshoot Surface Dock or Surface Docking Station - Microsoft Support)

1. Unplug your Surface Dock from the power connector on the back of the dock.
    2. Reset the dock PSU by unplugging it from the power outlet and waiting 5 seconds.
    3. Reconnect the power connector to the dock, then plug the dock PSU into an electrical outlet.
    We may recommend other troubleshooting steps once we have received your responses to the questions above or if we need you to refer to the support that suits your problem. We will be sure to let you know in advance so that you save time.

Kind regards,

Marrion

Marrion_Y, Mar 31, 2023
  4. jackin Win User

I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

1. Microsoft Surface Laptop 5 with Docking Station V2 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Laptop

2. Microsoft Surface Laptop 5 with Docking Station V2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Laptop 5 with Docking Station V2: I had a Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop with TB4 docking station, all that was needed was one power supply from the docking station and the TB4 cable to the laptop and everything was charging okNow with the Surface Laptop 5, I need 2 power supplies, 1 for the docking station and...
  3. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  4. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  5. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Reset Docking Station: Hi,This is quite a specific request. Are anyone aware of any softwares/systems that could answer to the problem bellow ?We are a company that rent laptops and for data protection purpose we perform 5 to 10 full reset of different windows laptops per day. This is very tedious...
  7. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Reset Docking Station: Hi,This is quite a specific request. Are anyone aware of any softwares/systems that could answer to the problem bellow ?We are a company that rent laptops and for data protection purpose we perform 5 to 10 full reset of different windows laptops per day. This is very tedious...
  8. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. docking station keyboad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    docking station keyboad.: My laptop won't switch to the docking station keyboard. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-keyboad/bf453d98-4ba2-4ef3-9064-7c9505a146f2
  10. Surface Pro 3 Docking Station ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3 Docking Station ports: Since one of the Windows 10 updates the Ethernet and Bluetooth on the docking station are no longer seen as devices and cannot be used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-docking-station-ports/14e09b77-f6d2-4d4d-aeb3-0fe03d05c8a1