Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Laptop scores a 0 in repairability

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Laptop scores a 0 in repairability in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Microsoft Surface Laptop is a “glue-filled monstrosity” that’s impossible to fix without destroying the device.That’s the scathing verdict of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by pparks1, Jun 25, 2017.

1. pparks1 Win User

Microsoft Surface Laptop scores a 0 in repairability

Microsoft’s Windows 10 S Surface Laptop is practically impossible to repair

:)

pparks1, Jun 25, 2017
  2. KrisA11 Win User

DriverUpdateTM

Every time I start up my Surface Laptop computer I am asked this question:
    “This version of DriverUpdateTM is no longer supported and you must download a new version”. And I am provided the YES and NO options. I always choose NO as I do not know what this is. Is DriverUpdateTM
    a Microsoft product?

***Moved from Surface / Surface Laptop / Install, update, and repair***

KrisA11, Jun 25, 2017
  3. Sharing Windows 10 updates on LAN

I have a Surface Laptop that's fully updated through 1709. This update was done on a high-speed non-metered connection. All of the update came from Microsoft servers. I have a second non-laptop system that is at a location with a data-capped satellite internet
    connection. The non-laptop is set as a metered connection. When the Surface is connected to this same LAN, it is also set as a metered connection. Delivery Optimization is set on both systems to allow updates to be shared with other PCs on my LAN. Both systems
    are connected to the LAN via WiFi. The non-laptop shows that 1709 is "available". The Surface shows 1709 as successfully installed.

Should the non-laptop automatically grab the update from the Surface? That's not what is happening. Instead it is stuck at "Downloading updates 0%". As the metered connection is non-metered between midnight and 5am, I got up and flipped the non-laptop to
    non-metered, but is stayed stuck at 0%.

Please advise if there is another setting I need to change to get this to work. My data cap can't endure any more updates.

PaulE_1225, Jun 25, 2017
Thema:

Microsoft Surface Laptop scores a 0 in repairability

1. Microsoft Surface Laptop scores a 0 in repairability - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Laptop

2. Microsoft Score opening automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Score opening automatically: Okay so while I'm on my computer gaming, microsoft store will open with a weird gambling app download page on it. Is this a virus? If so, how do I remove it?...
  3. Microsoft Score opening automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Score opening automatically: Okay so while I'm on my computer gaming, microsoft store will open with a weird gambling app download page on it. Is this a virus? If so, how do I remove it?...
  4. Microsoft Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Laptop: I downloaded Examplify onto my computer and for some reason after I downloaded and installed it, it notified me "minimum system requirements". I talked to my college help desk and also called examplify tech support and they both said I needed to contact you guys. Could you...
  5. Microsoft Surface Laptop

Microsoft Surface Laptop: I downloaded Examplify onto my computer and for some reason after I downloaded and installed it, it notified me "minimum system requirements". I talked to my college help desk and also called examplify tech support and they both said I needed to contact you guys. Could you...
  6. I can't reinstall Microsoft score

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't reinstall Microsoft score: Hi, I am having trouble reinstalling Microsoft Store. I uninstalled it since it keeps crushing but I have no way to have it back up, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-reinstall-microsoft-score/a4c6ed06-5cb5-4410-b4c2-b0a0d7da9308
  7. I can't reinstall Microsoft score

I can't reinstall Microsoft score: Hi, I am having trouble reinstalling Microsoft Store. I uninstalled it since it keeps crushing but I have no way to have it back up, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-reinstall-microsoft-score/a4c6ed06-5cb5-4410-b4c2-b0a0d7da9308
  8. I can't reinstall Microsoft score

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. Klondike scoring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Klondike scoring: I don't get credit for a winning hand on Klondike scoring every time. It seem like its 50% of the time. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/klondike-scoring/8337e329-420e-411d-b682-875d7e68e59c
  10. Surface Laptop Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop Automatic Repair Loop: My laptop has been stuck in this automatic repair loop for several days. It starts with a black screen saying “preparing automatic repair... diagnosing your PC” and then i get a blue screen that says something like “automatic repair couldn’t repair your PC”. I called customer...