Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Mouse or Pen not connecting to Surface Laptop

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Mouse or Pen not connecting to Surface Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a MSFT Surface Mouse that does not connect to my Surface Laptop - this stopped recently after I switched the mouse off using the button on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by razorbrades, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Microsoft Surface Mouse or Pen not connecting to Surface Laptop

I have a MSFT Surface Mouse that does not connect to my Surface Laptop - this stopped recently after I switched the mouse off using the button on the rear. When I switched it back on I wasn't able to connect. For the Surface Pen I am able to open Sticky Notes by clicking twice on the pen but I cannot write on the touchscreen with the pen.

I have changed the batteries in both devices and can connect the Surface Mouse to another laptop, I also can connect another Bluetooth device to my Surface Laptop.

I have run the Bluetooth troubleshooter and it has returned with no issues.

:)

razorbrades, Dec 13, 2019

2. Surface Pen

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot Surface Pen

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...search/troubleshoot-surface-pen?os=windows-10

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Surface Pen Customisation

Hi Shakey,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• When you say OneNote 2013, are you referring to Microsoft Office OneNote2013?

I would suggest you to refer to the link given below and check if it helps with your issue:

Official Home of Microsoft Surface Computers, Laptops, PCs, 2-in-1’s & Devices – Microsoft Surface

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Microsoft Surface Mouse or Pen not connecting to Surface Laptop

Arc Bluetooth mouse not working properly with Surface 3

Experienced same issue, disconnecting Arc Mouse then reconnect worked fine, but not mouse interaction.

Below steps worked for me:

• Remove all Bluetooth connected devices, including Surface Type Cover and Surface Pen.
    • Disconnected the Surface Type Cover then reconnect. It will reinstall tand connect the device.
    • Then Add Bluetooth devices including Surface Pen and last but not least Arc Bluetooth Mouse.

Everything works fine again.

Wim van Wieren, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Surface Mouse or Pen not connecting to Surface Laptop

1. Microsoft Surface Mouse or Pen not connecting to Surface Laptop - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Mouse

2. Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7, Surface Laptop 3, Pen Pressure StairCasing Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7, Surface Laptop 3, Pen Pressure StairCasing Issue: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NiveaGeForce [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eom2x2/surface_pro_x_surface_pro_7_surface_laptop_3_pen/
  3. Surface pen compatibilty

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pen compatibilty: I have an rca cambio 2in1 windows 10 tablet and i was wondering if a dell premium active pen is compatible with it? It pairs via bluetooth and the top button functions as it should but it will not ink in any of the apps. Is this an issue i can resolve by downloading a driver...
  4. Ethernet connection in surface laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet connection in surface laptop: I am not able to connect lan wire to surface laptop, I have updated the drive, when I connect the wire laptop restarts. Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connection-in-surface-laptop/ac64bc54-4ed9-472b-8fef-be0037006b3f
  5. Need Help with Surface Pen

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help with Surface Pen: Hello, I have a Surface Book 2 and just bought a MS Surface Pen. I have successfully connected it via Bluetooth to the PC, and have been able to launch apps via one click or double click just fine. However, when I switch to tablet mode, or undock my screen and re-dock it...
  6. Unable to connect Microsoft Mouse on Surface Go

Unable to connect Microsoft Mouse on Surface Go: I am using the Microsoft Mouse with a Microsoft Surface GO. After using the mouse for awhile the mouse will just stop working. When I go to the Bluetooth settings it says the the mouse and the Surface Pen's bluetooth is turned off. But there is no way to turn it back on. The...
  7. Surface Mouse

Surface Mouse: I am using the Microsoft Mouse with a Microsoft Surface GO. After using the mouse for awhile the mouse will just stop working. When I go to the Bluetooth settings it says the the mouse and the Surface Pen's bluetooth is turned off. But there is no way to turn it back on. The...
  8. Defective Microsoft Surface mouse

Defective Microsoft Surface mouse: Hi, I noticed that my mouse was n o longer working today. I changed the batteries but it is intermittent at best. I noticed that one of batteries poles is rusty and cannot seem to be cleaned. I bought the mouse on 9/19/18. I have never put the mouse in water and it appears...
  9. Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop: Today we are pleased to announce that the Surface Connect to USB-C adapter is now available in commercial channels and through the Microsoft Store Business Desk in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. Add USB-C capability to Surface...
  10. Surface Pen Battery Hack

Surface Pen Battery Hack: If you're like me and you own a Surface Pro 3, and have had it about a year, chances are that you're just now or already have experienced the AAAA battery the stylus requires is dying. AAAA batteries aren't exactly common in the US at least where I live, and aren't cheap...