Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - How to do a fresh install for windows OS ?

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - How to do a fresh install for windows OS ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have purchased a used Surface Pro 3 from my company which does not have any operating system installed. What are my options? what operating system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by B.S-77, Jun 29, 2020.

1. B.S-77 Win User

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - How to do a fresh install for windows OS ?

I have purchased a used Surface Pro 3 from my company which does not have any operating system installed. What are my options? what operating system would be ideal for this machine?. Thanks, B.S.

:)

B.S-77, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Octavean Win User

Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

The Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based Windows 7 tablet and Samsung Series 7 Windows 7 (Core i5) tablet series pricing were slightly more expensive then the Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets. So a price break is already there.

People suggesting The Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets should be cheaper seem to think or suggest that products like this never existed before or are unprecedented when they are in fact only the latest generation.

Or perhaps you are confusing them with cheaper less powerful ARM based tablets,…

This statement isn’t completely accurate or possibly outright wrong. You are likely confusing the Windows RT based Microsoft Surface tablet with the as of yet unreleased Surface Pro Windows 8 Pro tablet.

The average Windows 8 Pro 64bit install footprint is likely greater then 16GB. The Windows 8 Pro 32bit install footprint may fit into a 16GB envelope but I don’t think OEMs will choose to go that route. However, if the Microsoft Surface Pro is anything like the Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based tablet PC then the installed mSATA SSD is user upgradeable. I can upgrade the default OEM 64GB mSATA SSD on my Asus model to ~240GB / ~256GB or greater. I can also upgrade the Bluetooth / WiFi module to support IEEE 802.11ac,….

Octavean, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Ravenas Win User

Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

All of this doesn't matter what so ever. The fact is Windows 8 tablets are priced way too high. People are going to by the iPad long before they ever buy these simply because of price point. Microsoft had a great idea to have the same UI across all of their devices, but they are dead in the water due to price.

Ravenas, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - How to do a fresh install for windows OS ? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Pro

2. How do i install RST driver for a surface pro 3 in the windows setup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i install RST driver for a surface pro 3 in the windows setup?: Hello, recently I wiped my old surface pro 3 entirely and now I'm attempting to reinstall Windows but when I try to install it the setup tells me there are some missing drivers I've searched a bit on it and I believe it's missing the RST driver and for the past day I've been...
  3. How do i install RST driver for a surface pro 3 in the windows setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i install RST driver for a surface pro 3 in the windows setup?: Hello, recently I wiped my old surface pro 3 entirely and now I'm attempting to reinstall Windows but when I try to install it the setup tells me there are some missing drivers I've searched a bit on it and I believe it's missing the RST driver and for the past day I've been...
  4. How do i install RST driver for a surface pro 3 in the windows setup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  6. Windows 11 Fresh Install Surface Pro 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Surface Pro 8: Okay this is frustrating.Side Note: I tried to upgrade a new Surface Pro 8 preinstalled with Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Professional through the Windows Store and it failed with a message like "this failed." I reboot the Surface Pro 8 and now it is Enterprise Edition --...
  7. Microsoft Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3: My Microsoft Surface Pro 3 won't sleep with the lid closed. I have gone to the power settings menu to discover all of the settings are blank. However, when i click the drop down menus they are all empty. Is there a fix for this? -CButler12...
  8. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  9. Microsoft Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3: Ok, so I had someone give me a Microsoft Surface Pro 3. It has a cracked screen. He also gave me a keyboard/mouse, so i can still use it. I disabled the touch part of it through Device Manager. I'm looking for a replacement screen, but I do not know what LCD/Digitizer Screen...
  10. surface pro 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f