Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 can't connect to home wifi

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Pro 4 can't connect to home wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Surface Pro 4 will not connect to my home wifi. It connected just fine until it received a windows update a couple months ago. It connects to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mdm2462, Oct 6, 2019.

1. mdm2462 Win User

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 can't connect to home wifi

My Surface Pro 4 will not connect to my home wifi. It connected just fine until it received a windows update a couple months ago. It connects to other networks without any problem and many other devices (including windows 10) connect to the home wifi without any problems.

Now when I attempt to login, I get a message that says "can't connect to this network" without any further explanation or error information.

I have researched online including this forum and tired the following with no success:

restarted the computer and wifi

added the computer's MAC addresses to the allowed list in the router

uninstalled the network adapter and restarted the surface pro to reinstall

installed windows updates from microsoft and restarted the computer (currently downloading 2019-09 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1903)

"forgot" the network and allowed the computer to relearn it

I had my network service provider (cable company) troubleshoot the network via phone support and inhouse visit

searched for new network adapter drivers and received a response that the current driver was the best for the device

turned off all firewalls (and turned them back on when that didn't help)

turned off security software (and turned it back on when that didn't help)

There's probably other things that I have tried but don't remember.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

mdm2462, Oct 6, 2019
  2. SirStiv Win User

Surface Pro 4 WiFi Slow Connectivity

Hello there,

After rattling my brains over what it may be I found my own solution.

I did the registry changes suggested on the internet - no fix

I did the driver rollback/uninstall/reinstall - no fix

I changed the wifi driver band from auto 2.4ghz/5ghz - no fix

What fixed it for me was going to my router settings and changing it from Long Preamble to short pre amble.

Went from 1mbps to 30mbps (my limit from where i am from)

Hope this helps. My router is a netgear.

-Steve

keyword search help: Surface Pro 4 slow internet , Surface Pro 4 slow wifi , Surface Pro Slow wifi

SirStiv, Oct 6, 2019
  3. koda.72 Win User
    Surface Pro 4 WiFi Slow Connectivity

Changing the Preamble on my Nighthawk router fixed my slow wifi on my SP4 also. THANKS!!!!!

koda.72, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Surface Pro 4 Constant WIfi Issues

Hi,

As an initial step I would suggest you install all the pending updates on your computer, update to the latest available build and check if it helps fixing your issue.

Further I would suggest you to refer to the link below which has major fixes to address your issue.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=networking-and-connectivity

Get back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 can't connect to home wifi - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Pro

2. Surface Pro 4 - Midi Connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 4 - Midi Connectivity: Surface Pro 4 with clean install & won't recognize midi when plugged in, yet it powers up the devices Arturia MiniLab II nor Zoom R24.I found a Windows driver issue on their website which recommended taking out the Intel Smart Sound Technology driver. This doesn't do it.I've...
  3. Surface Pro 4 - Midi Connectivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 - Midi Connectivity: Surface Pro 4 with clean install & won't recognize midi when plugged in, yet it powers up the devices Arturia MiniLab II nor Zoom R24.I found a Windows driver issue on their website which recommended taking out the Intel Smart Sound Technology driver. This doesn't do it.I've...
  4. Surface Pro 4 and 3 can connect to WiFi but not internet!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 4 and 3 can connect to WiFi but not internet!: I have a Surface Pro 4 & 3. They connect to Wi-Fi without issue. When I try to connect to the internet it won’t. I have tried many recommendations on this site but nothing resolves my issue. Any last ditch ideas before I purchase an apple product? So very frustrated!...
  5. Surface Pro 4 and 3 can connect to WiFi but not internet!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 4 and 3 can connect to WiFi but not internet!: I have a Surface Pro 4 & 3. They connect to Wi-Fi without issue. When I try to connect to the internet it won’t. I have tried many recommendations on this site but nothing resolves my issue. Any last ditch ideas before I purchase an apple product? So very frustrated!...
  6. Surface Pro 4 and 3 can connect to WiFi but not internet!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 not able to connect to Saved WiFi Profiles

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 not able to connect to Saved WiFi Profiles: Dear Members Recently some of the Microsoft surface Pro Users are not able to connect to the saved Wifi SSID. The IT Support staff deleted the Saved Wifi Profile from the windows registry and tried to reconnect to the same SSID by typing the password again, but still i am...
  8. Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4: I have a Surface Pro 4, that got screwed up during a windows update. Now the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I have tried the usual things. Like using Diskpart etc, the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I believe this to be a known issue. Has...
  9. Connecting keyboard to surface 4 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting keyboard to surface 4 pro: I cannot get my keyboard to connect anymore to my surface pro 4. I re-set to default but this didn't help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-keyboard-to-surface-4-pro/b51b8035-a4b2-4f33-9640-17bf07822dc9
  10. Wifi can't be connected on my surface pro 4

Wifi can't be connected on my surface pro 4: I didn't do anything. The wifi works well yesterday but can't be connected suddenly today. I've run the Troubleshoot for Internet, Network Adaptor and Hardware. It's saying I have to plugin a ethernet. I've tried to reset the network but still doesn't help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft surface cant connect to wifi

2. surface cant connect to wifi

3. surface pro 4 cant connect to this network