Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Full Reset Issues - No Microsoft Store & Cannot Activate

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Full Reset Issues - No Microsoft Store & Cannot Activate in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I've recently reset my surface due to major lag issues. I figured the best way was to wipe everything clean, so I chose the Reset function... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JasonAguinaldo, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Full Reset Issues - No Microsoft Store & Cannot Activate

Hi there,

I've recently reset my surface due to major lag issues. I figured the best way was to wipe everything clean, so I chose the Reset function to restore everything to factory setting. Two things now happen:

1. Microsoft Store is gone (along with StickyNotes, Calculator, etc)

2. Windows will not re-activate itself

I've seen many articles detailing how to get the Store back, from the PowerShell admin commands to resetting again. I've reset my computer 3 times in the last 3 days in an effort to try to gain these features back, with no luck. Trying to download even CALCULATOR, of all things, gives me that same missing-store-link error message. I've tried WSRESET as well, no luck.

Thankfully MS Surface can still run normal programs that don't go through the App Store interface but now I am really frustrated because I am left with a MS Surface that can't even run netflix without using the web login.

Do I need to restore yet again? and If so, what should I do differently this time? Thank you.

Note: Upon each reboot, Windows 10 Enterprise was installed. I didn;t pick it, it just landed on there.

:)

JasonAguinaldo, Oct 28, 2019

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Oct 28, 2019
  3. What is the best power supply for Microsoft Surface Pro 4

I am wondering what is the best power supply to purchase for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 to carry around in case I need to recharge it.

The power supply that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4 will be staying at home.

Thank you for all suggestions.

jaburmester, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Full Reset Issues - No Microsoft Store & Cannot Activate

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Full Reset Issues - No Microsoft Store & Cannot Activate

1. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Full Reset Issues - No Microsoft Store & Cannot Activate - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Pro

2. Fauty Microsoft Surface Pro 4 sold

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fauty Microsoft Surface Pro 4 sold: May 08, 2021TO WHOMSOEVER THIS MAY CONCERNI had purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 a couple of years ago. I could not use is extensively as I had not been able to transfer the data on my earlier laptop onto my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. The same can be verified by seeing the...
  3. Surface pro 4 issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 4 issues: My computer keeps switching rapidly between tablet mode and desktop. I cant click or touch anything in time for it to load, as it has already switched again. I tried hard Resets, but they ran into a blue error page, then restarted instead.does anybody know what to do? I need...
  4. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 boot loop issue...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4 boot loop issue...: SOS my surface pro 4 is stuck in the boot loop where I selected to complete an update and auto restart, and upon shutting off and going to auto restart my surface will not boot all the way. I have had this issue before and the only way I was able to get it fixed was to seek...
  5. Surface pro 4 won’t reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 4 won’t reset: Hi, I have problems getting my surface to work. I have reported this in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/windows-explorer-keeps-resetting/7e71b114-5f14-4025-8913-e70db50d8fea?messageId=27c843b2-de86-49a8-bf1d-5ff5bf5be683 In...
  6. Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4: I have a Surface Pro 4, that got screwed up during a windows update. Now the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I have tried the usual things. Like using Diskpart etc, the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I believe this to be a known issue. Has...
  7. MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 4 TOUCH-PAD ISSUE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 4 TOUCH-PAD ISSUE: Hello Sir, My name is Sandeep Kumar I am a system administrator in IT.I have Microsoft surface pro 4 I have installed win 10 and updated all related software from the Microsoft site.But my concern is that when i am trying to use my touch-pad after login into the device its...
  8. Microsoft will replace Surface Pro 4 devices with screen flicker issue

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will replace Surface Pro 4 devices with screen flicker issue: Surface Pro 4 screen flicker Applies to: Surface Pro 4 Creating the best products and experiences for our customers is our top priority. We have heard your feedback and after careful examination, have determined that a small percentage of Surface Pro 4 devices are...
  9. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 screen flicker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4 screen flicker: Hi There, I currently have a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 connected to one of these docks: [img] When connected to a dual screen setup the screen flickers bad and it is very annoying to work with. Once I unplug the dock and plug one monitor straight into the surface...
  10. In Photos: The Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 News
    In Photos: The Microsoft Surface Pro 4: Feast your eyes on the new Surface Pro 4, the thinnest, lightest and most powerful tablet. Period. 6Gh4o9IqeEU Microsoft’s Surface Pro 4 features a beautiful 12.3-inch PixelSense Display and is 30 percent more powerful than its predecessor, the Surface Pro 3. The...