Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 not able to connect to Saved WiFi Profiles

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Pro 4 not able to connect to Saved WiFi Profiles in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Members Recently some of the Microsoft surface Pro Users are not able to connect to the saved Wifi SSID. The IT Support staff deleted the Saved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bijoy Nepu, May 14, 2020.

1. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 not able to connect to Saved WiFi Profiles

Dear Members

Recently some of the Microsoft surface Pro Users are not able to connect to the saved Wifi SSID. The IT Support staff deleted the Saved Wifi Profile from the windows registry and tried to reconnect to the same SSID by typing the password again, but still i am not able to connect to that SSID

Regards

Biju

:)

Bijoy Nepu, May 14, 2020
  2. SirStiv Win User

Surface Pro 4 WiFi Slow Connectivity

Hello there,

After rattling my brains over what it may be I found my own solution.

I did the registry changes suggested on the internet - no fix

I did the driver rollback/uninstall/reinstall - no fix

I changed the wifi driver band from auto 2.4ghz/5ghz - no fix

What fixed it for me was going to my router settings and changing it from Long Preamble to short pre amble.

Went from 1mbps to 30mbps (my limit from where i am from)

Hope this helps. My router is a netgear.

-Steve

keyword search help: Surface Pro 4 slow internet , Surface Pro 4 slow wifi , Surface Pro Slow wifi

SirStiv, May 14, 2020
  3. koda.72 Win User
    Surface Pro 4 WiFi Slow Connectivity

Changing the Preamble on my Nighthawk router fixed my slow wifi on my SP4 also. THANKS!!!!!

koda.72, May 14, 2020
  4. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 not able to connect to Saved WiFi Profiles

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 not able to connect to Saved WiFi Profiles

1. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 not able to connect to Saved WiFi Profiles - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Pro

2. My surface pro 4 is not able to connect to my home internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface pro 4 is not able to connect to my home internet: This was given to me by a friend and everything is completely fine except for the internet connection. It is able to identify every single network around me except for my own, in which all my other devices as well as my windows 11 desktop are able to connect to normally. The...
  3. My surface pro 4 is not able to connect to my home internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My surface pro 4 is not able to connect to my home internet: This was given to me by a friend and everything is completely fine except for the internet connection. It is able to identify every single network around me except for my own, in which all my other devices as well as my windows 11 desktop are able to connect to normally. The...
  4. Surface Pro 4 - Midi Connectivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 - Midi Connectivity: Surface Pro 4 with clean install & won't recognize midi when plugged in, yet it powers up the devices Arturia MiniLab II nor Zoom R24.I found a Windows driver issue on their website which recommended taking out the Intel Smart Sound Technology driver. This doesn't do it.I've...
  5. Surface Pro 4 and 3 can connect to WiFi but not internet!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 4 and 3 can connect to WiFi but not internet!: I have a Surface Pro 4 & 3. They connect to Wi-Fi without issue. When I try to connect to the internet it won’t. I have tried many recommendations on this site but nothing resolves my issue. Any last ditch ideas before I purchase an apple product? So very frustrated!...
  6. Surface Pro 4 and 3 can connect to WiFi but not internet!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 4 and 3 can connect to WiFi but not internet!: I have a Surface Pro 4 & 3. They connect to Wi-Fi without issue. When I try to connect to the internet it won’t. I have tried many recommendations on this site but nothing resolves my issue. Any last ditch ideas before I purchase an apple product? So very frustrated!...
  7. Surface Pro 4 and 3 can connect to WiFi but not internet!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4: I have a Surface Pro 4, that got screwed up during a windows update. Now the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I have tried the usual things. Like using Diskpart etc, the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I believe this to be a known issue. Has...
  9. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 can't connect to home wifi

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 can't connect to home wifi: My Surface Pro 4 will not connect to my home wifi. It connected just fine until it received a windows update a couple months ago. It connects to other networks without any problem and many other devices (including windows 10) connect to the home wifi without any problems....
  10. Wifi can't be connected on my surface pro 4

Wifi can't be connected on my surface pro 4: I didn't do anything. The wifi works well yesterday but can't be connected suddenly today. I've run the Troubleshoot for Internet, Network Adaptor and Hardware. It's saying I have to plugin a ethernet. I've tried to reset the network but still doesn't help....