Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is getting restart

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is getting restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is not allowing me to do any job on it and shuts down once any application is opened. What is the solution for the issue??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HrishikeshKanitkar, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is getting restart

Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is not allowing me to do any job on it and shuts down once any application is opened. What is the solution for the issue??

:)

HrishikeshKanitkar, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Octavean Win User

Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

The Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based Windows 7 tablet and Samsung Series 7 Windows 7 (Core i5) tablet series pricing were slightly more expensive then the Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets. So a price break is already there.

People suggesting The Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets should be cheaper seem to think or suggest that products like this never existed before or are unprecedented when they are in fact only the latest generation.

Or perhaps you are confusing them with cheaper less powerful ARM based tablets,…

This statement isn’t completely accurate or possibly outright wrong. You are likely confusing the Windows RT based Microsoft Surface tablet with the as of yet unreleased Surface Pro Windows 8 Pro tablet.

The average Windows 8 Pro 64bit install footprint is likely greater then 16GB. The Windows 8 Pro 32bit install footprint may fit into a 16GB envelope but I don’t think OEMs will choose to go that route. However, if the Microsoft Surface Pro is anything like the Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based tablet PC then the installed mSATA SSD is user upgradeable. I can upgrade the default OEM 64GB mSATA SSD on my Asus model to ~240GB / ~256GB or greater. I can also upgrade the Bluetooth / WiFi module to support IEEE 802.11ac,….

Octavean, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Ravenas Win User
    Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

All of this doesn't matter what so ever. The fact is Windows 8 tablets are priced way too high. People are going to by the iPad long before they ever buy these simply because of price point. Microsoft had a great idea to have the same UI across all of their devices, but they are dead in the water due to price.

Ravenas, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is getting restart

Problem after trying to reinstall Win 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4

Hi all,

I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 but when it gets to Getting finished near the end I get a dialog box saying Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed.
    I then try the following:

1. Boot into your recovery USB and go to the CMD
    2. type "diskpart" then "list disk"
    3. select the internal drive: "select disk 0"
    4. list volumes: "list vol" and select the boot volume (should be ~260MB): "select vol 1"
    5. Then assign a drive letter to the partition: "assign letter=b:" 6.exit disk partition and "cd /d b:EFI\Microsoft\Boot"
    6. run "bootrec /fixboot"
    7. rename the BCD file "ren BCD BCD.bak"
    8. recreate the BCD store: "bcdboot c:\Windows /l en-gb /s b: /f ALL
    9. Reboot
    When I get to step 6 I always get an Access is denied error.

Please advise how to resolve issue

I am using a Windows Surface Pro 4.

It should not be so complicated.

Thank you for all help.

jaburmester, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is getting restart

1. Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is getting restart - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Pro

2. Slow wifi on Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow wifi on Surface Pro 6: Hi My Wifi is slow on my new Surface Pro 6. I get about 50Mbps (while on my phone I get 350 connected to the same wifi). I have read the disabling the bluetooth helps, and indeed it helps (still doesn't get the same speed as my mobile phone but reaches about 200). But I am...
  3. Surface Pro 6 Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 6 Crash: Hi there, My Surface Pro 6 crashed and needed to restart. I was playing Two Point Hospital at the time and was hoping a hardware issue could be ruled out? This blue screen also happened when I was changing screen resolutions when playing The Sims 4 a few months ago. I'm...
  4. Surface Pro 6 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 6 Upgrade Issue: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store but then Surface Pro upgraded to Enterprise and now says it is not activated. The order itself says Windows 10 Pro upgrade. So I am unsure what to do to correct this issue? Has anyone had this issue in the past?...
  5. Microsoft surface book i5 7thgen, 8th gen or surface pro 6?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft surface book i5 7thgen, 8th gen or surface pro 6?: I am looking to buy a laptop/tablet for office work, social media, movie watching and perhaps some photo editing... I was thinking about the dell xps 13 2 in 1, the Microsoft surface pro 6 and the surfacebook2.... I'll be backpacking around Australia so I wanted something...
  6. Windows 10 Pro activation on Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro activation on Surface Pro 6: I had been using a Windows 10 Pro license digitally linked to my Microsoft account on my old laptop. I recently purchased the Surface Pro 6 which has Windows 10 Home installed. Can I upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro using my old Windows 10 Pro license? I am no longer using my old...
  7. Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6?: What DVD CD external unit is recommended for my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6/ae634952-a688-4247-85d7-780381370a9a
  8. Surface Pro Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro Restart Loop: Today, for seemingly no reason, my Surface Pro got stuck in a restart loop. It says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." It then gives me various Stop codes, some of them having .sys in the name. I can get to the UEFI settings and choose...
  9. Surface Pro 6 DAW compatability

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 6 DAW compatability: Hi all im considering getting a Surface Pro 6 for music production and video editing and was wondering if DAWs like Reaper and FL Studio work like they would on a regular computer? I am coming from Apple so im not sure how Microsoft do their computers and tablets cheers...
  10. Surface Pro 6 Camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6 Camera not working: As of 10/29/2018 I received a new SfP-6. Everything is working except the camera, which I would like to use for Windows Hello. I have gone through and: 1. Made sure all the group policies and made sure everything for the camera is enabled 2. Validated within device...