Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Pro 7- malfunction with system

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Pro 7- malfunction with system in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I just got this computer back in July and starting about two months ago, the screen would suddenly break into a red/black haze, it would then go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sara_2024, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Sara_2024 Win User

Microsoft Surface Pro 7- malfunction with system

Hello! I just got this computer back in July and starting about two months ago, the screen would suddenly break into a red/black haze, it would then go black, and if there was sound coming out before it spazzed, it would turn to static noise, and then it would shut itself down. When it first did this, I thought it needed an update and I forgot to have it done when it came out. However, there were no recent updates. I make sure to restart my device at least once a week and I also do updates when needed. I let it go, but then it happened again, and the time between when it spazzes has been becoming more often. Originally it did it the next month, then two weeks after, and now it hasn't even been a week and it did it again. I have no idea what is going on and would really appreciate it if someone could take the time to figure out what is happening. Especially since this is a very new model and made by a well-known company.

:)

Sara_2024, Nov 5, 2020

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Ravenas Win User
    Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

All of this doesn't matter what so ever. The fact is Windows 8 tablets are priced way too high. People are going to by the iPad long before they ever buy these simply because of price point. Microsoft had a great idea to have the same UI across all of their devices, but they are dead in the water due to price.

Ravenas, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Octavean Win User

Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

The Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based Windows 7 tablet and Samsung Series 7 Windows 7 (Core i5) tablet series pricing were slightly more expensive then the Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets. So a price break is already there.

People suggesting The Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets should be cheaper seem to think or suggest that products like this never existed before or are unprecedented when they are in fact only the latest generation.

Or perhaps you are confusing them with cheaper less powerful ARM based tablets,…

This statement isn’t completely accurate or possibly outright wrong. You are likely confusing the Windows RT based Microsoft Surface tablet with the as of yet unreleased Surface Pro Windows 8 Pro tablet.

The average Windows 8 Pro 64bit install footprint is likely greater then 16GB. The Windows 8 Pro 32bit install footprint may fit into a 16GB envelope but I don’t think OEMs will choose to go that route. However, if the Microsoft Surface Pro is anything like the Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based tablet PC then the installed mSATA SSD is user upgradeable. I can upgrade the default OEM 64GB mSATA SSD on my Asus model to ~240GB / ~256GB or greater. I can also upgrade the Bluetooth / WiFi module to support IEEE 802.11ac,….

Octavean, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Surface Pro 7- malfunction with system - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Pro

2. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  3. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues: Hi all,I have had issue after issue with the microsoft surface pro 7 since my purchase. Blue screen errors, constant crashes, track-pad not tracking correctly, and most frustrating... windows won't update to 21h2. I have tried the troubleshooter, tried updating drivers...
  4. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues: Hi all,I have had issue after issue with the microsoft surface pro 7 since my purchase. Blue screen errors, constant crashes, track-pad not tracking correctly, and most frustrating... windows won't update to 21h2. I have tried the troubleshooter, tried updating drivers...
  5. Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  6. Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  7. Microsoft Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7: Hi,My Microsoft Surface Pro 7, which is not even a year old freezes when I disconnect plug form power source. I have to force shut it. This has been happening for the past 4-5 days. I reset my PC but it did not help. Please let me know how I can solve it....
  8. Surface pro 5 always malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 5 always malfunctioning: I don’t know about anyone else but my surface has been replaced 3 times and now ive been trying to get ahold of them because its malfunctioning again and nobody will help fix it even though they sent me a usb in the mail and were supposed to stay in touch...
  9. Microsoft Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7: In the middle of watching videos or even browsing, my screen goes black, but my backlit keyboard still glows. There are also instances where the brightness increases or decreases on its own and I'm sure it's not the "automatic brightness change as lighting changes" button...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 Keyboard malfunction: My Surface Pro Keyboard Cover is behaving badly. When I boot the computer, it randomly sends strings of characters to the computer. Usually it does this at the login screen, producing an incorrect password before I can even input the correct one. I have been able to log in...