Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Pro 7 usb-c external monitor problems

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Pro 7 usb-c external monitor problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The MS Surface Pro 7 has a very picky usb-c port, is anybody looking at improving this port. The computers below work with any of our external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GerardIE, Apr 22, 2020.

1. GerardIE Win User

Microsoft Surface Pro 7 usb-c external monitor problems

The MS Surface Pro 7 has a very picky usb-c port, is anybody looking at improving this port.

The computers below work with any of our external monitors, HDMI adapters or cables.

MS Surface Pro 1 mini display port
    MS Surface Pro 3 mini display port
    HP Spectre Bang Olufsen usb-c port

MS Surface Pro 7 usb-c port - ONLY works with a Moshi 4K/60 HDMI adapter.

I bought the MS Surface Pro 7 in late March 2020.

Only after installing update KB4551762 on March 27th did the external monitor work properly with the Moshi adapter. I have version 1909 installed.

The MS Surface Pro 7 is now updated to KB4550945

These adapters still DO NOT WORK for the MS Surface Pro 7:

Microsoft usbc to HMDI adapter
    Belkin 4K/60hz usbc to HMDI adapter
    Satechi 4K slim multi port usbc to HMDI adapter

The monitor says Input Signal Not Found.

The external monitor is a new HP Pavillion 27inch Quantum Dot.

The cable spec is 0.5m ESL high speed gaming.

Only for this Moshi 4K/60 HDMI adapter, I would have needed to return the MS Surface Pro 7.

:)

GerardIE, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Source: Announcing availability of the Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Announcing availability of the Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 usb-c external monitor problems

Surface Pro 7 Dual Monitor Support with Microsoft wireless display adapter

Does the Surface Pro 7 and 2 Wireless Display Adapters support two external monitors with the Wireless/HDMI/USB adapters sold as an accessory with the Surface Pro 7?

My displays have HDMI and USB. y question is about the Surface Pro 7 Windows 10?

Dennis A. Peters, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Surface Pro 7 usb-c external monitor problems

1. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 usb-c external monitor problems - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Pro

2. surface pro 6 - two external monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    surface pro 6 - two external monitors: I am using a surface pro 6 - connected to a docking station 2 - several years lately having trouble recognizing both monitors - many attempts and then successful - the last two days - only recognizing one external monitor - - notification - "display maybe limited" - happend...
  3. surface pro 6 - two external monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface pro 6 - two external monitors: I am using a surface pro 6 - connected to a docking station 2 - several years lately having trouble recognizing both monitors - many attempts and then successful - the last two days - only recognizing one external monitor - - notification - "display maybe limited" - happend...
  4. display problem on microsoft surface 7 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display problem on microsoft surface 7 pro: every time i switch on the laptop it has a few pixels from the previous time i used the laptop still stuck on itlater it goes back to being normal but it is still dimmer than the rest of the screenpls helpits also sometimes discoloured...
  5. display problem on microsoft surface 7 pro

display problem on microsoft surface 7 pro: every time i switch on the laptop it has a few pixels from the previous time i used the laptop still stuck on itlater it goes back to being normal but it is still dimmer than the rest of the screenpls helpits also sometimes discoloured...
  6. Using a Surface Pro 7 with a USB-C Dock Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a Surface Pro 7 with a USB-C Dock Problem: I have a USB-C dock that works fine on one of my Surface Pro 7's, however not on my second one. I have 2 external monitors hooked up to the dock 1 through HDMI, 1 through DisplayPort. Both monitors will go black randomly for a few seconds not at the same time, then come back...
  7. Using a Surface Pro 7 with a USB-C Dock Problem

Using a Surface Pro 7 with a USB-C Dock Problem: I have a USB-C dock that works fine on one of my Surface Pro 7's, however not on my second one. I have 2 external monitors hooked up to the dock 1 through HDMI, 1 through DisplayPort. Both monitors will go black randomly for a few seconds not at the same time, then come back...
  8. Microsoft Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7: Hi,My Microsoft Surface Pro 7, which is not even a year old freezes when I disconnect plug form power source. I have to force shut it. This has been happening for the past 4-5 days. I reset my PC but it did not help. Please let me know how I can solve it....
  9. Surface Pro 7: USB-C hub not reading devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7: USB-C hub not reading devices: Hi, I've been having trouble with the USB-C port on my Microsoft surface pro 7. I have tried to connect my android phone and USB-C hub with external hard drives attached. The port allows me to charge the laptop and charges the phone but It does not recognize the phone or...
  10. Microsoft Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7: In the middle of watching videos or even browsing, my screen goes black, but my backlit keyboard still glows. There are also instances where the brightness increases or decreases on its own and I'm sure it's not the "automatic brightness change as lighting changes" button...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 7 usb c monitor not working

2. 3 monitors on surface pro 7

3. windows 7 external hdmi screen driver

4. usbc controller for surface pro 7