Windows 10: Microsoft surface pro black screen after 'preparing automatic repairs' won't work without...

Discus and support Microsoft surface pro black screen after 'preparing automatic repairs' won't work without... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop's screen has been turning black after starting up and displaying the message 'preparing automatic repairs', it also won't work without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnyaRee, May 16, 2020.

1. AnyaRee Win User

Microsoft surface pro black screen after 'preparing automatic repairs' won't work without...

My laptop's screen has been turning black after starting up and displaying the message 'preparing automatic repairs', it also won't work without constantly being connected to power.

At first it would shut down around 60% randomly and then not turn on without being connected to power could take the cord out after it started up, it would just shut down again a few minutes later.

But now it won't start or stay on without the power cord and once it shows the startup screen 'surface' with the loading dots, it shows the message 'preparing automatic repairs' and then goes black and stays that way.

I can tell that it is on while the screen is black because there is a small mark on the screen that only shows when it is on mark is from heat damage. After the screen goes black still on it will not turn off without pulling out the power cord and if I hold the power and volume up keys nothing happens.

I am wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this issue? I have never dropped my laptop or put it in any situation to damage it and the heat damage mark occurred naturally from the laptop simply being warm.

:)

AnyaRee, May 16, 2020
  2. abapsmoke Win User

Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’

Thank you very much for the reply. Unfortunately, I don’t know if it’s my doing something wrong, but I’ll do the steps to boot up the ASO menu and it won’t appear. I’ll reboot three times and leave it to load at the third, but it will do the same as before except for one thing- load for a while, then seemingly reboot on its own quickly (which it didn’t do before the ASO reboots), before going directly into ‘preparing automatic repair’ followed by the black screen shortly after. Same as before, leaving the black screen alone won’t do anything.

abapsmoke, May 16, 2020
  3. Preparing automatic repair loop followed by black screen

Hi Aaron,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with "preparing automatic repair" loop followed by
    black screen error. We will certainly help you.

We have been seeing black screen issues of several types after upgrading to Windows 10. The main causes observed so far are driver issues, output to unexpected port, and possibly also issues with the Lock Screen app.

Method 1: We suggest you to kindly follow the link below and try the steps and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Method 2: To Troubleshoot no boot situation, follow the below steps:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to download an ISO image of Windows 10 and try to create installation media using the Media Creation tool.

Download Windows 10

Once the bootable media is created, follow next step:

Step 2: Perform Start up Repair.

Follow the steps mentioned below to perform Start up Repair:

a. Insert the installation DVD or
    USB
    and boot Windows 10 from it.

b. Select “Troubleshooting” from the first Window and then select “Advance Options”.

c. Then select “Start up Repair” from “Advanced options” window.

This will help you to boot into your Operating system again.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 16, 2020
  4. subby Win User

Microsoft surface pro black screen after 'preparing automatic repairs' won't work without...

Preparing automatic repair black screen afterwards stuck

Fixing this gaming PC for a friend. His computer gets stuck on the windows logo with the dotted spinning circle. In the past to fix this i've done a startup repair. But this time, the PC starts the Preparing Automatic Repair, then screen goes black, where normally it should be showing diagnosing your pc before loaded the Automatic Repair screen.

What should I attempt to try next?

subby, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft surface pro black screen after 'preparing automatic repairs' won't work without... - Similar Threads - Microsoft surface pro

2. Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair '

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair ': Please help me, i was using my pc normally and a pop up came from 'sequrity and maintenance' like, 'reboot to start repairing disk'...I don't know, I don't remember that.But after i clicked on restart restarting screen was showing for like 10 minutes, so I pressed the power...
  3. Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair '

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair ': Please help me, i was using my pc normally and a pop up came from 'sequrity and maintenance' like, 'reboot to start repairing disk'...I don't know, I don't remember that.But after i clicked on restart restarting screen was showing for like 10 minutes, so I pressed the power...
  4. Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair '

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  6. Black Screen After Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen After Preparing Automatic Repair: Laptop stuck on a black screen with a cursor on automatic repair. I can't get it to start in safe mode, attempts to go into windows recovery doesn't work either. How can I fix this pls submitted by /u/IsThi5Now [link] [comments]...
  7. Black Screen after "preparing automatic repair"

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after "preparing automatic repair": Yesterday, my HP Envy 17 j177nr was working flawlessly. However, today I was experiencing lots of lags and freezes to the point where the laptop is unusable I decided to power off and on three times to attempt some kind of repair. However, after it says "preparing automatic...
  8. Black screen after preparing automatic repair screen

Black screen after preparing automatic repair screen: Just today my laptop crashed and rebooted into automatic repair. However, as the title suggests, it keeps bringing me to a black screen after the loading screen. Just to clarify, the pointer does appear onscreen and the capslock key lights up when pressed. Does anyone have...
  9. Black screen after preparing automatic repair

Black screen after preparing automatic repair: Yesterday while i was using my laptop, it suddeny freezes and it goes into a bluescreen with a stopcode. I turned off the laptop with a long press, after that i opened it up again and it shows the manufacturer' name and circling dots and a preparing automatic update. After a...
  10. Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’: Hey. Yesterday my HP laptop finished updating to what I assume is the latest Windows 10 version. Everything was fine for a few hours until I shifted the pc and accidentally pulled the battery out, so it shut down suddenly. My laptop has a black ‘bar’ just below the screen...