Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Pro Windows 10 update in infinite loop of reboots trying to restore...

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Pro Windows 10 update in infinite loop of reboots trying to restore... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an original Microsoft Surface Pro. Today, Windows 10 asked me to apply an update. I followed the instructions and let it reboot to start the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BruceBehymer, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Microsoft Surface Pro Windows 10 update in infinite loop of reboots trying to restore...

I have an original Microsoft Surface Pro. Today, Windows 10 asked me to apply an update. I followed the instructions and let it reboot to start the update. When I came back on the screen was the message "Restoring your previous version of Windows..." with the circling five dots. After a few minutes the Microsoft Surface Pro reboots eventually returning to the same message. It has been doing this for several hours now.

How should I proceed to fix the situation?

:)

BruceBehymer, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Reddy Ace Win User

Infinite Loop of "Restoring to your previous version of Windows" Screen - Surface Pro 3

I was trying to revert my Windows back to 8.1 from Windows 10 Enterprise and now my Surface keeps rebooting itself on an infinite loop. It says "Restoring to your previous version of windows" for a few minutes and then reboots and says the same thing,
    and reboots again in a never ending loop. How do I fix this (without loosing any data, if possible).

Reddy Ace, Nov 22, 2018
  3. bwfc0907 Win User
    Infinite Reboot Loop

Had Windows 7 installed, upgraded to Windows 10.

Worked well & following a Microsoft update it went into an infinite reboot loop.

Tried to re-install 10 but no joy so wiped & tried Windows 7. I still have the infinite reboot loop.

When I do a clean install it goes through & works but then starts with the loop.

I tried to use repair but no joy.

I can boot using Safe Mode in 7.

I deleted some of the partitions before doing a clean install.

Any thoughts and help much appreciated.

bwfc0907, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Microsoft Surface Pro Windows 10 update in infinite loop of reboots trying to restore...

Windows 10 update (KB3081424) causing infinite reboot loop.

Windows 10 update (KB3081424) causing infinite reboot loop. What can I do to resolve. I have photo of registry entries at ""ProfileList", an area that some forums suggest editing will possibly resolve the issue. But no specific info on what to edit and
    how. Can't believe my search here at Microsoft Windows returned a No Match Found to my question!!??? Like most people I'm a newbie to W10.

Stephen Richards 418, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Surface Pro Windows 10 update in infinite loop of reboots trying to restore...

1. Microsoft Surface Pro Windows 10 update in infinite loop of reboots trying to restore... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Pro

2. Stuck on infinite reboot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on infinite reboot loop: Please help, My pc is stuck on an infinite reboot loop every time I open the pc it gets into a crash and restart loop. The weird thing is that everytime when automatic repair appears it’s followed by “please wait while we install a system update” for a brief second then it...
  3. Stuck on infinite reboot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on infinite reboot loop: Please help, My pc is stuck on an infinite reboot loop every time I open the pc it gets into a crash and restart loop. The weird thing is that everytime when automatic repair appears it’s followed by “please wait while we install a system update” for a brief second then it...
  4. Stuck on infinite reboot loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. infinite looping of this update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    infinite looping of this update: I have Windows 10 and im using this PC for 2 years now. Before I dont have issues with Windows 10 update just today. I run the update and it will reach 100 percent and will go back to 0 again. I keep doing this for an hour now....
  6. Windows infinite reboot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows infinite reboot loop: Hey all, I have an issue with a PC I am working on where it is almost stuck in an infinite loop. PC was factory reset and now it has a windows update that starts at 65% then will get up to about 90% and then restart on what seems to be an infinite loop. Anyone know a...
  7. Windows 10 stuck on infinite reboot loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck on infinite reboot loop: Not sure if this goes here but as the title say my windows 10 is stuck on a infinite loop. Yesterday night it my computer said I had a update but I didn’t bother to do it. It could have done it over night not sure. This morning I turn it on to see my computer asking for my...
  8. Surface Pro stuck on restoring windows loop

Surface Pro stuck on restoring windows loop: Every time windows 10 tries to update itself on my surface pro i quickly turn off the device as i don't want the blasted update. It ruins functionality in my art programs and I just really don't like it at all. However, this time after doing my semi usual routine of seeing...
  9. Infinite Reboot Loop

Infinite Reboot Loop: Had Windows 7 installed, upgraded to Windows 10. Worked well & following a Microsoft update it went into an infinite reboot loop. Tried to re-install 10 but no joy so wiped & tried Windows 7. I still have the infinite reboot loop. When I do a clean install it goes...
  10. Windows 10 Infinite reboot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Infinite reboot loop: Hello experts. So heres the thing i have a Dell laptop with win 10. When i switch on my laptop it shows the dell logo with bios setup F12 n all. Then comes the windows logo n thats where the problem occurs. The loading circle cirulates for couple of minutes n then comes at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro goes to windows logo and restarts loop

2. windows surface pro 3 stuck in loop trying to install 1809