Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Pro Windows built-in apps not opening

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Pro Windows built-in apps not opening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently purchased a factory reset Microsoft Surface Pro and, upon switching on for the first time, found I could not open any of the built-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BeckyHolmes1, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Microsoft Surface Pro Windows built-in apps not opening

I recently purchased a factory reset Microsoft Surface Pro and, upon switching on for the first time, found I could not open any of the built-in Windows apps, including Settings, Control Panel, Notifications panel, and the Action Center. Absolutely nothing happens when I click on any one of them, i.e., no error message appears, as if they were never clicked.

I have taken the Surface Pro to my local Currys store and paid for it to be sent off to get fixed, it was gone for a week, returned today saying they could not fix it. Can anyone please help explain the problem to me and is there anything I can do to fix it please? I am desperate for it to be fixed as I need it for my work while I travel.

There is also no app that opens the internet, like Microsoft Edge. If I search for something using the search bar and press 'see web results', Microsoft Edge will open for a split second then close again. However, when I search the Surface Pro for Microsoft Edge, no results are returned. I'm not sure if this is a separate issue or if it is related to my above problem, hence why I thought to include it here anyway!

Thank you in advance for any help provided.

:)

BeckyHolmes1, Oct 17, 2018

2. New to windows 8 - just got MS surface pro

thx.can u list some interesting or very useful apps?
    packaged apps wih surface pro? which one?
    onenote form appstore?

======
    how to close already opened programs/windows one by one or all at once?

freebird_9924, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Best chm reader for microsoft surface pro?

any chm reader app for windows 8 / microsoft surface pro which allows better reading experience than default app which opens chm files..

like highlighting, marking paragra[hs and viewing in full screen etc...

freebird_9924, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Ravenas Win User

Microsoft Surface Pro Windows built-in apps not opening

New to windows 8 - just got MS surface pro

Onenote is an excellent program when combined with the surface pro. I have a lot of apps on my surface pro and honestly some of the best apps are the ones that come packaged with the surface pro which Microsoft has made. Be sure to setup your homegroup so you can share everything with your desktops.

On the left handside of the screen is your programs that you have open when you swipe. You need to go into the pc customize area by swiping on the right hand side and change it to not open the last program when you swipe. It gets annoying when you want to select a specific program from a list that you have open.

Ravenas, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Surface Pro Windows built-in apps not opening

1. Microsoft Surface Pro Windows built-in apps not opening - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Pro

2. Built in camera for microsodt surface pro 3 not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Built in camera for microsodt surface pro 3 not working: I've tried everything to fix my front camera and followed every instructions. I also did a reset for my surface but it still doesnt work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-camera-for-microsodt-surface-pro-3-not/3c54eca4-a355-4689-aefc-63195924abaf
  3. Microsoft surface pro 5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft surface pro 5: Sorry this is a long one but please help! My first surface failed so my insurance gave me another one which im sure is a refurb. From first using it, i often had issues with turning it on. It seemed as though the power button just wouldnt respond and i'd have to hit it a...
  4. Forticlient App on Surface Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forticlient App on Surface Pro: I have installed the Forticlient App on the new Surface Pro as the old Forticlient Software would not load. HI have set it up the way the guide states however when we go to connect we get this this every time. [ATTACH]...
  5. NAVFIT98A App on Microsoft Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NAVFIT98A App on Microsoft Surface Pro: Does anyone have encountered this error: "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. the 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine?"...
  6. Microsoft has built Surface Pro prototypes with ARM processors

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has built Surface Pro prototypes with ARM processors: If Microsoft’s Surface line had quite a big impact on the rise of 2-in-1 PCs, it’s quite interesting to see that the software giant let its hardware partners test the waters with Windows 10 on ARM PCs. We have yet to see a Surface PC with an ARM processor, but just like Apple...
  7. surface app cant open

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    surface app cant open: i have a surface pro 6 and surface app cant open when i click there it comes to screen and dessapeard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-app-cant-open/cefca4d4-466a-4e8f-b431-5dc754cabe39"
  8. Built in apps and Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Built in apps and Microsoft store: Hello, i recently bought a new laptop, a lenovo legion Y7000, the first thing i did was updating windows to the latest version, after that i tried to open the Microsoft store, but it didn't launch, i also tried the built in apps and none of them launched...
  9. Microsoft Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3: Ok, so I had someone give me a Microsoft Surface Pro 3. It has a cracked screen. He also gave me a keyboard/mouse, so i can still use it. I disabled the touch part of it through Device Manager. I'm looking for a replacement screen, but I do not know what LCD/Digitizer Screen...
  10. This is the new Microsoft Surface Pro

in Windows 10 News
    This is the new Microsoft Surface Pro: Microsoft is holding an event on Tuesday, May 23 in Shanghai, China where it will unveil a widely anticipated refresh of its Surface Pro 4 laptop-class Windows 10-powered tablet, known simply as the Surface Pro. But you won’t have to wait until then to check out the new model...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 6 apps not opening

2. surface go not opening apps when clicked on

3. urface pro app not opening

4. surface apps not opening,
  5. surface pro apps not opening,
  6. microsft apps not opening on surface pro,
  7. microsoft surface apps not opening,
  8. apps not opening on surface pro,
  9. surface pro not opening apps