Windows 10: Microsoft SW that helps facilitate virtual meetings

Discus and support Microsoft SW that helps facilitate virtual meetings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently someone told me about a (I think) Microsoft software for virtual meetings. Kind of, I guess, like Skype or WebEx. But they advised me it had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jim P. Stewart, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Microsoft SW that helps facilitate virtual meetings

Recently someone told me about a (I think) Microsoft software for virtual meetings. Kind of, I guess, like Skype or WebEx. But they advised me it had a nice feature that would allow people to draw on it whiteboard-like and have Post-it Note functionality. Something like that. I thought they send it was Microsoft Morse but I can't find any evidence of that. I'm pretty sure it started with an M. Am I off-base here or does M'soft have something like this?

:)

Jim P. Stewart, Oct 17, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft and Dassault Systèmes Launch Microsoft Virtual Earth -3DVIA

Dassault Systèmes (DS), a world leader in 3-D and product life-cycle management (PLM) solutions, and Microsoft Corp. today launched Microsoft Virtual Earth -3DVIA (Technology Preview). This free online application, developed by Dassault Systèmes, allows consumers to imagine and create realistic 3-D models — such as of buildings and structures — then share them through Microsoft Virtual Earth and online communities.

“Virtual Earth -3DVIA users will be able to build a world that mixes their future projects and ideas with real-life places, buildings and structures,” said Lynne Wilson, senior vice president and general manager of 3DVIA at Dassault Systèmes. “Through Microsoft’s online geographic location mapping technology and our 3-D modeling and realistic visualization know-how, we have created a new level of realism within Virtual Earth that provides an unrestricted freedom for creativity and innovation.”

Users can download Virtual Earth -3DVIA for free and immediately begin using the fun, easy-to-use and intuitive application. Virtual Earth -3DVIA allows anyone to do the following with their ideas:
    • Create. With just a few clicks, users can easily design a 3-D model of their house, favorite building or any structure, then select from different visualization options, textures and colors to give their 3-D model a style of its own.
    • Publish. Users can upload their 3-D models to Virtual Earth, specifying an address or neighborhood so they can experience the model within a real-life context.
    • Share. Users can add their 3-D model to collections, and share it with friends and colleagues through Web communities.
    “Our alliance with Dassault Systèmes, a company that has 26 years of technology experience in 3-D modeling, will help us bring a new level of realism to Virtual Earth,” said Stephen Lawler, general manager of Virtual Earth at Microsoft. “Microsoft is committed to delivering the highest-quality product for our Virtual Earth customers, and this enhancement is another step toward fulfilling that commitment.”

Virtual Earth -3DVIA is being released as a technology preview to allow community feedback before the next release of the product. More information about Virtual Earth -3DVIA is available online at Cartes.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Oct 17, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    AMD Delivers Optimum Platform for Virtualization with Microsoft

AMD today announced the availability of robust new virtualization solutions powered by a combination of technologies from AMD and Microsoft Corp. This new deployment model uses AMD Opteron processors with AMD Virtualization (AMD-V) technology together with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V to deliver significant efficiencies to enterprises large and small. Mid-market companies in particular, which have traditionally been slower to implement virtualization, can take advantage of the combined AMD and Microsoft product offering to help reduce cost, complexity and energy consumption.

“AMD has taken a leading role in driving virtualization innovation into the x86 processor, helping to meet a compelling need in the commercial market for cost reduction, increased performance and energy efficiency,” said Kevin Knox, vice president of Worldwide Commercial Business, AMD. “Now, through our continued partnership with Microsoft, AMD is expanding virtualization’s reach and the benefits of resource consolidation to companies that might not have taken advantage of virtualization in the past.”

Resource consolidation achieved through virtualization can deliver the low energy consumption, and superior utilization and manageability demanded by today’s businesses. AMD Opteron processors and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V, a hypervisor-based virtualization feature of Microsoft Windows Server 2008, allow OEMs, VARs and Solution Providers to offer a valuable server virtualization combination to help increase their competitive edge and market opportunity. AMD-V technology and Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V also help enable businesses to scale according to demands, boosting the efficiency of workloads.

“AMD and Microsoft have a history of working closely together to design industry-leading solutions that allow customers to maximize their investments and stay ahead of the changing business landscape,” said Bob Kelly, corporate vice president of Microsoft Infrastructure Server Marketing. “Virtualization is here to stay, and Microsoft’s portfolio of virtualization software combined with technology like AMD-V will help a business of any size realize its potential.”

Increased Flexibility for the Mid-Market
    Mid-market companies are often faced with legacy applications and hardware, integration challenges and cost constraints. The efficiencies and flexibility promised through the combined AMD and Microsoft product offering is expected to particularly benefit this underserved market segment.

“We implemented virtualization for manageability purposes, but rapidly adopted the AMD and Microsoft solution for its multiple benefits,” said David P. Smith, Chief Technology Officer, ServiceU Corporation, an on-demand event management software provider. “Through the use of power-efficient AMD processors running Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V, in one datacenter alone we doubled the number of operating system installs and processor cores, while cutting power requirements, heat output and space requirements by approximately one third,” continued Smith. “We were blown away by the results, and are now firm believers in the AMD Opteron processor and Microsoft’s Hyper-V technology.”

AMD Opteron processors with Direct Connect Architecture are well suited for x86 server-based virtualization. Microsoft and AMD’s robust architectures allow customers to scale with ease, providing a flexible infrastructure that can evolve as an organization grows. The two platforms also deliver the necessary performance to securely handle memory-intensive virtualization with less overhead—all with low energy consumption. Benefits of AMD’s design architecture and technology include:
    • AMD-V technology improves efficiency by allowing customers to host more virtual machines, transactions and users per server with superior control and less overhead.
    • Native multi-core capabilities fully integrate processing cores rather than simply packing them together.
    • AMD continues to add significant features to AMD Opteron processors, such as Extended Migration, the Tagged Translation Look-aside Buffer for fast switching times and Rapid Virtualization Indexing technology.
    For more on AMD’s virtualization solutions go to AMD-V page.

Source: AMD

btarunr, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Microsoft SW that helps facilitate virtual meetings

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft SW that helps facilitate virtual meetings

1. Microsoft SW that helps facilitate virtual meetings - Similar Threads - Microsoft helps facilitate

2. Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter help: The Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter disappears off of my computer every night. I use pdanet to connect my phone to my tv and it will work fine for hours then suddenly the adapter stops working or completely disappears. windows 7 - android 11 samsung a32...
  3. Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter help: The Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter disappears off of my computer every night. I use pdanet to connect my phone to my tv and it will work fine for hours then suddenly the adapter stops working or completely disappears. windows 7 - android 11 samsung a32...
  4. Recommendation for HW or SW firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recommendation for HW or SW firewall: Hello experts, I'd like to get a recommendation or an advice regarding the use of HW or SW firewall solution. I have set up a web server on one of the computers on the local network. For example, IP address of this computer is 192.168.1.10. On this LAN there are about 20...
  5. Trying to load SW

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to load SW: I have a new ASUS computer and before it was set up there was a problem. I can't get off a black scre4en that says Port 1: ST10000LX015-1U7172 S.M.A.R.T Status bad, backup and replace. Press F1 to Resume. What can I do to load my microsoft sw...
  6. Easeus SW

in Windows 10 Support
    Easeus SW: Hi,after had encountered the KODC virus and my all pc had been encrypted with ,i had to roll true win 10 from win 7,i think i did a mistake not remove the virus first as i had made a clean install of win7 to win 10,i still have backed data that cannot be opened, now im using...
  7. windows facilitation easier

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows facilitation easier: uders name could be changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-facilitation-easier/605986c7-ae34-4ac9-b478-a0c6a8adf782"
  8. Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service

Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service: A lightweight service for update facilitation in Windows 10. Ok so we have to have some kind of backdoor facility to control your OS from the update server. This was accepted on installation with the need to update the OS because it always needs improvement especially when...
  9. windows 10 update facilitator

windows 10 update facilitator: Hi how do I remove windows 10 update facilitator from my tablet. Its a Pendo pad 10.1 2 in 1 and the update that is trying to be installed is not compatible with my device basically turns it into a paper weight so I can't use that version. Ive tried restoring my pc to a date...
  10. Meet Microsoft Hyperlapse

in Windows 10 News
    Meet Microsoft Hyperlapse: Meet Microsoft Hyperlapse, a new set of products that create smooth, stabilized time lapses from first-person videos. Microsoft’s hyperlapse technology is built on more than 20 years of research in computational photography. twncW4PLdsY For consumers, Microsoft...