Windows 10: MICROSOFT TEAMS cannot upload files in assignment section

Discus and support MICROSOFT TEAMS cannot upload files in assignment section in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever i try to upload a bat file in assignments i get this message sorry this potentially unsafe file type cannot be specified for Turn in How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alex_997VE, Oct 16, 2020.

1. MICROSOFT TEAMS cannot upload files in assignment section

Whenever i try to upload a bat file in assignments i get this message

sorry this potentially unsafe file type cannot be specified for Turn in

How do i resolve this issue

:)

Alex_997VE, Oct 16, 2020

2. MSN Sports Team in Favorites but not in My Team Lsit

Hi Mario,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret for the inconvenience. I suggest you to provide the feedback and be assured that concerned team will look into the issue. Follow the steps:

• Open www.msn.com .
    • Click on feedback section at the bottom and share the feedback.
    Let us know if you need any other assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 16, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Aquinus Win User

MICROSOFT TEAMS cannot upload files in assignment section

Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

MICROSOFT TEAMS cannot upload files in assignment section

1. MICROSOFT TEAMS cannot upload files in assignment section - Similar Threads - MICROSOFT TEAMS cannot

2. Webex Teams keeps crashing when trying to upload a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webex Teams keeps crashing when trying to upload a file: Webex Teams crashes for me whenever I attempt to upload an attachment from my device. IT has checked the logs and data dumps and they've confirmed that it's not a Webex issue, but rather a Windows issue hence why I've been directed here. I've already uninstalled and...
  3. Webex Teams keeps crashing when trying to upload a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webex Teams keeps crashing when trying to upload a file: Webex Teams crashes for me whenever I attempt to upload an attachment from my device. IT has checked the logs and data dumps and they've confirmed that it's not a Webex issue, but rather a Windows issue hence why I've been directed here. I've already uninstalled and...
  4. Webex Teams keeps crashing when trying to upload a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Teams files File explorer icon cannot be deleted after Teams team deleted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teams files File explorer icon cannot be deleted after Teams team deleted.: Hello there!Background: I have created a Teams team and started using its Files function. To make it easier to reach it and transfer files, I have made it appear in File explorer by clicking Sync in the teams interface.After a while, I have decided to delete the...
  6. Microsoft Teams file upload problem

Microsoft Teams file upload problem: To upload files to teams, I select a channel -> files->upload Teams used to show all the files in my computer. And I could select required files and upload them. But for one week now, Teams shows only Downloads folder from which to select the files. My files are in different...
  7. Why wont my files upload in Teams?

Why wont my files upload in Teams?: I made a new meeting in the Teams Calendar. After making the meeting I double-clicked on the meeting in the calendar. Then when I click on files I am able to upload files or drag and drop. Once I drag and drop or upload files, it just continuously says it's uploading the file...
  8. Cannot upload .docx or .xlsx files

Cannot upload .docx or .xlsx files: Good day! For about 10 days I have had the following issue: I cannot upload .docx or .xlsx files with any browser I have tried to Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. When the window to select the file is opened and I click on the .docx or .xlsx file, the...
  9. Cannot upload files on windows 19041.450

Cannot upload files on windows 19041.450: I've been trying to upload two simple files, with .pdf text documents. The file sizes are bout 0.25 mb and 0.43 mb, so they're not exactly huge files. I've also tried to upload photos to other sites that I used to be able to upload to and the gears grind and grind and grind...
  10. MS Teams - not able to upload files

MS Teams - not able to upload files: I've registered for a free MS Teams setup in the Netherlands for my small company. That all worked well, but when i start up MS Teams it seems I cannot upload any files, the options are simply not there in the taskbar. Do I need to do anything else or was the setup not 100%...