Windows 10: Microsoft Teams Desktop App, Not responding when signing in

Discus and support Microsoft Teams Desktop App, Not responding when signing in in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Recently i have a user that uses the teams desktop app, when she goes to sign in now, it goes not responding after you put in the email address... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Support OutsourcedIT, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Microsoft Teams Desktop App, Not responding when signing in

Hi,

Recently i have a user that uses the teams desktop app, when she goes to sign in now, it goes not responding after you put in the email address and hit next. She can sign in fine on the web app.

Could it be something to do with 2FA and Modern Authentication ?

I would like to avoid disabling he modern authentication if I can.

:)

Support OutsourcedIT, Dec 3, 2018
  2. CSMR(2) Win User

Signing into Onenote app converts local account to microsoft account

Steps:

• Sign into a local account
    • Open the OneNote app (tablet not desktop app)
    • Sign in to this app with a Microsoft account
    The local account is then converted into a Microsoft account with that identity.

This is wrong and unexpected behaviour as no indication is given that the sign in is for the whole of windows rather than just OneNote.

It is also hard to revert.

I am guessing that other apps may exhibit the same behaviour.

In fact I don't understand how an app (which is supposed to be sandboxed and secure) can change user account information.

CSMR(2), Dec 3, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows Phone apps Skype for Business, Teams, and Yammer discontinued

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...s-and-yammer-a

Brink, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Microsoft Teams Desktop App, Not responding when signing in

App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Teams Desktop App, Not responding when signing in

1. Microsoft Teams Desktop App, Not responding when signing in - Similar Threads - Microsoft Teams Desktop

2. Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Teams: I have a question regarding Microsoft teams, we use it at work a lot, both with the whole team and with individuals, when I receive a chat from an individual I get a notification that I have a chat, however when someone posts within the TEAM chat unless I check it regularly...
  3. microsoft apps are not responding

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft apps are not responding: all microsoft apps are not responding including microsoft store,gmail and explorer too https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-apps-are-not-responding/769c69d6-95b7-4c0c-8c1c-5f6c8b97cce7"
  4. Error when I sign into app store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error when I sign into app store: I am trying to get new wallpaper and I choose what I want and it tells me to log in. I enter my email and password and get this message "We encountered an error. Please try signing in again later" This has been going on all morning....
  5. Microsoft sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft sign in: Office apps continue asking for sign in every single day. I cannot use Microsoft Office apps like Excel and Word even one time without signing in. If I sign out, the app prompts me to sign back in - even on the same day. I want to be able to use Office Apps without...
  6. Microsoft Sign In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Sign In: When my computer powers up, there is a screen that ask me to log in (sign in). Is there anyway of NOT doing this? I just want to turn on my computer and start to work/play. 73890
  7. Do Try Microsoft Teams!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do Try Microsoft Teams!: Just blogged about the new Office 365 collaboration tool Microsoft Teams with a post of the same name as this thread title: Do Try Microsoft Teams (Windows Enterprise Desktop). After a two-month shakedown cruise, I freakin' LOVE Microsoft Teams. If you try it, you probably...
  8. Not Responding when opened: Microsoft Office 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Not Responding when opened: Microsoft Office 2013: Everytime I open any microsoft office app, on the loading screen, it does not respond. I had to close it and open it again [img] here is the log at event viewer 25635
  9. Desktop App Converter -- signing .appx package for distribution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop App Converter -- signing .appx package for distribution?: Anybody know if/how an .appx package created using the Desktop App Converter tool can be digitally signed for distribution, without purchasing a cert from a CA? 64992
  10. Microsoft Teams adds guest access

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Teams adds guest access: Since Microsoft Teams became generally available six months ago, more than 125,000 organizations have discovered how teamwork comes to life in Teams. Today, Teams is getting even better with the rollout of guest access to all Office 365 commercial and education customers. Now...