Windows 10: Microsoft tech bricked a two month old computer

Discus and support Microsoft tech bricked a two month old computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About two weeks ago, my Windows 10 machine, which I in October began acting in an unstable fashion. The manufacturer looked at, ran two diagnostic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stu K, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Stu K Win User

Microsoft tech bricked a two month old computer

About two weeks ago, my Windows 10 machine, which I in October began acting in an unstable fashion. The manufacturer looked at, ran two diagnostic problems and insisted that the computer was fine. However the machine continued to shut down. McAfee found nothing. Malwarebytes found nothing. Spybot found nothing. Yet the stability of the machine's operating system continued to degrade and become incredibly slow. Finally on Monday I set up call through Microsoft's support section, and what followed was nine hours on the phone, through multiple calls Monday - Tuesday as the guy did all sorts of strange stuff, and more calls on Wednesday - which included over an hour on hold. When I was finally able to get to someone on level II Wednesday evening, the computer crashed and bricked. The last tech I spoke with said "Perhaps you waited too long to contacts us, but we will need to do a full install."

The icing on this cake? Thursday morning I find an email from Microsoft recommending that I "pay for a service contract" with them. They bricked my computer and I should enjoy PAYING for that service?

LUCKILY, I bought the machine from an amazing company and I was able to get it to their work bench Wednesday after dinner, and when I told them what it was doing, and I showed them the install log that I keep showing every thing I install, date, time of install and product, they said nothing I had put on the computer would have caused this. I have McAfee updated and running, I use Malwarebytes and am very careful about looking for red flags. I don't game on this computer either. I use it for a genealogy business. Anyway they swapped the damaged computer for a new one. Still I lost three days of productivity and now have adjust a clients fee because I could not get their project delivered by 12/5. ALSO luckily, everything that was mine was on my Q: drive.

Why is it easier for a software user of Windows products to get promotional pictures of their CEO from a special section on their site than it is to lodge a formal complaint. Why is it that CEO speaks of Empathy for users when they as a corporate environment mistreat others? The only thing I did wrong was contact Microsoft support. THEY are the ones who left me on indefinite holds, transferred me back and forth, wasted my time and their by reading off scripts and were unable to think off script. And if you call their customer support section, you get a call center someone place in the world, and no guarantee that ANYTHING will be done to help the employee who botched up the system.

But yeah, this needs to be sent to someone who will read it instead of dropping the ball like they did.

:)

Stu K, Dec 8, 2018

2. Microsoft Bricked my computer

As we all know that last update bricked many computers. My computer is not that old. But we did find out it was supposed to have an Intel chip but had an AMD chip. So that's one problem. Because AMD chips are cause for the error besides the update. For all
    I know Microsoft isn't doing anything about this. Ha hundreds of dollars of programs, videos, projects, and photography. Some was backed up but of coarse still lost many programs I paid hundreds for let alone projects I spent over 8 months on. Now pointless
    if I have lost everything on there. So is Microsoft going to fix or reimburse anyone for bricking our computers?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

WarrenRobbins, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Microsoft tech bricked a two month old computer

Cortana NOT working. Cant sign into Microsoft account! Brand new computer, less then 24 hours old.

Hi Stacy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to sign out from your current user account, restart your system and try login again in your Microsoft Account.

Also you may refer the below link:

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-live/sign-in-cant

I also suggest you to follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to deploy the System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue.
    Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2: If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft tech bricked a two month old computer

1. Microsoft tech bricked a two month old computer - Similar Threads - Microsoft tech bricked

2. Computer “bricked” URGENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer “bricked” URGENT: I was trying to fix the mouse not moving scroll issue I mentioned inhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-hardware/can-you-help/29d435ba-c83a-412f-80b8-112796574e7dSo I installed the Wim file because I’m a noobBut this wim file was the recovery wim and...
  3. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer bricked: After updating WITHOUT MY PERMISSION my computer is now bricked. THANK YOU! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-bricked/6d9e3439-d91f-4df2-90d9-684539e3b546
  4. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer bricked: After updating WITHOUT MY PERMISSION my computer is now bricked. THANK YOU! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-bricked/6d9e3439-d91f-4df2-90d9-684539e3b546
  5. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Updates Bricks Computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates Bricks Computers: Since November i've had at least 10 laptops get stuck when booting, after a restart it starts diagnosing for hours and when that fails and i got the the recovery environment i cant pick any of the options, whether it's command prompt or reverting updates or using a different...
  7. Updates Bricks Computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates Bricks Computers: Since November i've had at least 10 laptops get stuck when booting, after a restart it starts diagnosing for hours and when that fails and i got the the recovery environment i cant pick any of the options, whether it's command prompt or reverting updates or using a different...
  8. Updates Bricks Computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Microsoft Techs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Techs: Last year in December 2018 I had a tech support well what I thought fix my computer. He told me to disable everything Microsoft and it will reboot and we will be reconnected. I will send you an email he said. So I did what I was told. My computer did not reboot. I could not...
  10. Microsoft Techs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Techs: Last year in December 2018 I had a tech support well what I thought fix my computer. He told me to disable everything Microsoft and it will reboot and we will be reconnected. I will send you an email he said. So I did what I was told. My computer did not reboot. I could not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bricked computer