Windows 10: Microsoft temporarily blocks Windows 10 October update on old AMD Radeon PCs

Discus and support Microsoft temporarily blocks Windows 10 October update on old AMD Radeon PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to the general public skipping the Release Preview Ring on October 2, 2018. The update was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 16, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft temporarily blocks Windows 10 October update on old AMD Radeon PCs

Microsoft released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to the general public skipping the Release Preview Ring on October 2, 2018. The update was blocked after just 4 days due to major issues found during installation.

After almost a month the company re-released the Windows 10 version 1809 a couple of days ago to the general public.

Many users have reported issues with the Windows 10 October 2018 update on PCs with AMD Radeon graphics card.

Microsoft has acknowledged that some PCs with AMD Radeon won’t work smoothly on Windows 10 October 2018 Update and as a result, the company blocked the update on some PCs.

Microsoft notes that AMD is no longer supporting Radeon HD2000 and HD4000 series graphic processor units. Users with the above graphics processing units or GPUs will experience issues installing the Windows 10 version 1809 but Microsoft is investigating and the problem will be addressed soon.

The Redmond Giant says that Microsoft Edge will be hit with issues like tabs freezing all of a sudden for PCs with the above graphics card resulting in the browser becoming unresponsive. The company also says that some users will be seeing error “INVALID_POINTER_READ_c0000005_atidxx64.dll,”.

“To ensure a seamless update experience, we are blocking devices with AMD Radeon HD2000 and HD4000 series graphics processors from being offered Window 10, version 1809,” Microsoft writes in the support document.

In other issues, users might experience performance-related issues on the lock screen with the two graphics card.

“Some users may also experience performance issues with the lock screen or the ShellExperienceHost. (The lock screen hosts widgets, and the ShellExperienceHost is responsible for assorted shell functionality),” Microsoft explains.

The company concludes that it is currently working on a fix to resolve the issues for PCs with AMD Radeon GPUs.

There has been no time frame provided by the software giant as to when will the update be released to the devices. There is also no exact figure given as to how many devices are currently impacted by the issue but it’s likely to be very limited as the aforementioned GPUs are extremely old.

Due to the issues found during the initial rollout of the Windows 10 version, Microsoft has re-released the update by taking a cautious approach this time around. The software giant is allowing the update to be downloaded manually via Windows Update on PCs which are fully compatible.

The post Microsoft temporarily blocks Windows 10 October update on old AMD Radeon PCs appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 16, 2018

2. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Nov 16, 2018
  3. NMUK Win User
    AMD ATI Radeon HD 3450

Hi,

After many users reporting the same issue after AMD Windows 10 Nov 2017 update where rolling back driver was not working we found the steps to resolve this for all of them at AMD mobility Radeon HD4500 not working after windows 10 update Solved - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Extracted steps from this article and post by psylocyble/jcorallo:

• Device Manager
    • Display Adapters and right click on your installed adapter
    • Choose Update Driver
    • "Browse my computer for driver software"
    • Click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
    • In the list choose an older driver and click Next

In our case it was the 2015 driver which resolved the issue for most users.

Microsoft or ATI/AMD have made an major mistake in releasing these updates as we have received many calls in the last 3 working days from clients, for some reason is using Microsoft generic drivers instead after the update.

Hope this helps you and others.

4. Microsoft temporarily blocks Windows 10 October update on old AMD Radeon PCs

No Windows 10 driver for AMD Radeon x1400?

Windows Media Centre has been removed from Windows 10. Microsoft are still working with AMD for Windows 10 driver updates. The AMD Radeon X1400 may or may not be too old to update however likely you can use the Windows 7 driver from the Microsoft Update
    Catalog via the Device Manager.

Philip Yip, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft temporarily blocks Windows 10 October update on old AMD Radeon PCs

1. Microsoft temporarily blocks Windows 10 October update on old AMD Radeon PCs - Similar Threads - Microsoft temporarily blocks

2. AMD Radeon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon: AMD Radeon software is not opening in my laptop. Error says driver version do not match. AMD the thing is there is not any Driver Version string and strings. I have attached a picture with it. you can better understand with it. Please any one give me a solution....
  3. AMD Radeon

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Radeon: Hi Folks, I got this:- - [img] - When I used Device Manager to get updated driver I got:- - [img] Can you please advise? 164406
  4. AMD Radeon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon: Why do I have this on my computer? I don't play games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon/6b7296b3-6ea9-4f13-9a55-8e2384167250
  5. Windows 10 automatic updates and AMD Radeon software.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 automatic updates and AMD Radeon software.: I'm not a computer professional, just an average user. But I'm experiencing an issue with the new style of windows automatic updates. For the past. I dunno year or so now it's been quite frustrating. At some point microsoft felt it would be a good idea to include AMD's video...
  6. Microsoft blocks October 2018 Update on some PCs with Mophisec program installed

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft blocks October 2018 Update on some PCs with Mophisec program installed: Microsoft released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to the general public on October 2nd. Since the availability of Windows 10 October 2018 Update, there have been some issues reported by a limited number of users. Firstly the update deleted files from some customers PCs...
  7. Windows 10 October update temporarily blocked on PCs with incompatible iCloud

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October update temporarily blocked on PCs with incompatible iCloud: Microsoft is promising to be more transparent about issues in Windows 10 and the company is updating its support document whenever a new issue in Windows 10 October 2018 Update is discovered. Microsoft recently blocked the Windows 10 October 2018 Update on old AMD PCs and it...
  8. AMD Radeon 18.10.1 driver bring Windows 10 October 2018 Update support

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Radeon 18.10.1 driver bring Windows 10 October 2018 Update support: Windows 10 October 2018 Update is likely to re-launch this month and the companies have started to prepare the software drivers to avoid unexpected issues. AMD has released new Radeon drivers with support for Windows 10 October 2018 Update, also known as version 1809. Radeon...
  9. Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers: It looks like Microsoft has blocked the upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) on systems where incompatible Intel driver is running. In a support document, Microsoft explains that it has identified a compatibility issue with a range of Intel Display Audio...
  10. AMD Radeon

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Radeon: I have given up on my Nvidia card GeForce GTX 750ti as too much of a nearly bad thing. I am naow awaiting delivery of my Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (PCI Express 3.0, HDMI 1.4, DVI-I, DVI-D, Display Port 1.2, 256-Bit). According to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 october update blocked ati/amd radeon graphics cards

2. amd ati radeon mobility windows 10 creators update

3. AMD Radeon R9 M275X windows 10 october 1809