Windows 10: Microsoft tests minor tweaks for Windows 10 Start Menu, Registry editor

Discus and support Microsoft tests minor tweaks for Windows 10 Start Menu, Registry editor in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; To help you find your apps faster, Microsoft is testing a new folder logic in Start menu’s all apps list that will reduce clutter. In addition,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 29, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft tests minor tweaks for Windows 10 Start Menu, Registry editor

To help you find your apps faster, Microsoft is testing a new folder logic in Start menu’s all apps list that will reduce clutter. In addition, Microsoft is also working on a new feature for the Registry editor.

Windows 10 uses a special database or location called ‘ProgramData’ to build folders in the “All Apps” list and keep the Start menu clean, tidy, and organized. The folders and items in the folders are automatically generated using a Windows Shell feature called “Folder logic”.

Currently, Start Menu folders are created even when the folder contains a single item. With the next Windows Update, Microsoft is planning to improve the folder logic to directly display the item (app) if a folder only contains a single item.

Microsoft tests minor tweaks for Windows 10 Start Menu, Registry editor Start-Menu-folders.jpg

At this time, the improved folder logic is only available to Windows Insider customers who are in the Dev Channel.

It’s a minor change, but it’s part of the tech giant’s plan to improve the overall experience with Start Menu. According to sources, Microsoft is also exploring a new Start Menu layout with rounded corners, rather than sharp edges as currently seen in Windows 10.

In one of the internal concepts, Start Menu’s context menu (right-menu) has rounded corners and it looks different than the current layout. As ever, there’s no clue as to when major Start Menu improvements will start appearing in the preview builds – or confirmation from Microsoft that it will happen.

Microsoft is also testing improvements for the search bar and taskbar to give them a more modern feel.

Registry Editor improvements

The next update for Windows 10 is also expected to ship with minor improvements to the built-in Registry editor.

In the latest preview build, Microsoft has updated Registry Editor with support for CTRL + Backspace, so that you can delete words at a time in the ‘Find’ window or when you’re renaming a key.

The post Microsoft tests minor tweaks for Windows 10 Start Menu, Registry editor appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 29, 2020

2. Start menu not working in windows 10 creators update

try these steps ,it should fix the problem :https//thewincentral.com/how-to-fix-start-menu-issues-in-windows-10/.

if that doesn't work please try steps below:

If the PowerShell fix didn’t do anything, try this simple Registry Editor tweak. Here’s what you need to do:

• Go to Search, type regedit and open Registry Editor
    • Go to the following path:
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ ImmersiveShell\Launcher
    • Click Edit, New, DWORD (32-bit) Value, and name it UseExperience
    • Double-click the newly created item and set the value to 0
    • Click OK, close the Registry Editor and then restart your computer

please do update with the outcome

Mudassir Akber, Dec 29, 2020
  3. 2guntom Win User
    Start menu not working in windows 10 creators update

I'm not exactly sure *what* this is supposed to do but it did nothing for me

2guntom, Dec 29, 2020
  4. YanAndrew Win User

Registry Editor Missing from Administrative Tools in Start menu

The Registry Editor was never listed in Administrative Tools in the Start menu in the earlier versions of Windows 10 and previous versions of Windows. It is only in the recent couple of Windows 10 updates that it was included there. I guess I only have my itchy hands to blame for manually adding it before the updates came my way and therefore breaking it.

No worries, Guys. Thank you very much All for your inputs and suggestions. I appreciate it.

Have a good day wherever you are,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft tests minor tweaks for Windows 10 Start Menu, Registry editor - Similar Threads - Microsoft tests minor

2. Tweak start menu search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tweak start menu search results: I use search constantly and keep my machine well indexed. Search generally works pretty well, but sometimes the results are very.. counter intuitive. For example, without fail, if I search "Desktop" the Best Match is always Remote Desktop Connection, rather than Desktop which...
  3. Tweak start menu search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tweak start menu search results: I use search constantly and keep my machine well indexed. Search generally works pretty well, but sometimes the results are very.. counter intuitive. For example, without fail, if I search "Desktop" the Best Match is always Remote Desktop Connection, rather than Desktop which...
  4. Windows 11 minor flaw in Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 minor flaw in Start menu: Hello!I found a minor design flaw in Windows 11 start menu. In a particular instant, we can find the windows 8/10 logo instead of windows 11 logo.Open the start menu in windows 11 and then type in the search field "\test123" for example, or basically search for anything that...
  5. Windows 11 minor flaw in Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 minor flaw in Start menu: Hello!I found a minor design flaw in Windows 11 start menu. In a particular instant, we can find the windows 8/10 logo instead of windows 11 logo.Open the start menu in windows 11 and then type in the search field "\test123" for example, or basically search for anything that...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu Icons missing after resetting Start Menu through Registry Editor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Icons missing after resetting Start Menu through Registry Editor.: I updated my Windows 10 from 1909 to 20H2 today. But it brought some down arrows in start menu. To reset the Start Menu, I used regedit and that reset my Start Menu, but those adware or bloatware Which are likely some games, third party apps shows in Start Menu were missing...
  7. registry editor menu has changed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    registry editor menu has changed: When I open 'regedit' in 'run' the usual HKEY>list does not appear. The left side pane shows only HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT followed by a long alphabetized list of coded words which is gibberish to me. This is not the way registry editor previously displayed when set to run'. What...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 is a minor update, but there’ll be some tweaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H2 is a minor update, but there’ll be some tweaks: Windows 10 19H2, also known as version 1909 and November 2019 Update, was a small update with only improvements. Microsoft declined to confirm whether all the H2 (second half) releases of Windows 10 feature updates, going forward, will be very minor and basically similar to a...
  9. Registry Editor Missing from Administrative Tools in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry Editor Missing from Administrative Tools in Start menu: Hi Guys, I hope I've come to the right place to share this mystery with. Basically, I just discovered that my Registry Editor is missing from the Administrative Tools in the Start menu as shown in the image below: [img] However, when I view Administrative Tools in File...
  10. Microsoft is testing a slightly tweaked Start Menu interface in Windows 10 19H1

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing a slightly tweaked Start Menu interface in Windows 10 19H1: Windows 10 Redstone 5 is projected to be finalized in the fall of this year and the public rollout should begin in October. In the meantime, Microsoft has already started work on next Windows 10 update codenamed “19H1” and the Insiders in the Skip Ahead Ring have already...