Windows 10: Microsoft thinks I'm using Windows 8 - email to my MSA

Discus and support Microsoft thinks I'm using Windows 8 - email to my MSA in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've spared you the images - I'm sure we all know what Windows 8 looked like! Here's the text of the email Microsoft sent me today: Meet the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fafhrd, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Fafhrd Win User

Microsoft thinks I'm using Windows 8 - email to my MSA

I've spared you the images - I'm sure we all know what Windows 8 looked like! Here's the text of the email Microsoft sent me today:

:)

Fafhrd, Jul 10, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Why does Windows 10 use a Microsoft Account ID for local logon?

You don't need to have a Microsoft Account (MSA) on Windows 10. You don't need a MSA to install Windows 10 and you don't need one to use Windows 10.

Microsoft would love it if you had a MSA, and they really want you to have one, but you don't need to have one.

A MSA is required to use certain features of Windows 10, for example: Cortana or to save your settings to the cloud or to use the Mail/Contact/People apps. But nobody says you have to use those features. I don't.

You'll need a MSA to download apps from the Windows Store. But all you really need is your MSA email address. You don't actually have to use your MSA for anything at all. I setup a MSA to get an outlook.com address so I can use the Windows Store. I don't
    do anything else with my MSA and it's not setup as a user account on my PC.

You can certainly go through the Settings app and turn off every setting that shares your data - I did. Look on the web for guides to turning off settings that might not have known about.

Here
    is one example of what I found on the web. You can also go through your MSA and disable every sharing setting. Don't think Microsoft makes it easy (neither does Google or Apple) but you can do it.

I'm all in favor of sharing - but on my terms.

BulldogXX, Jul 10, 2015
  3. Achievements show in Spanish

Hello Syed,

Thank you for your reply. I'm already working with the Microsoft Account team to resolve this issue. As you suggest, the issue is most likely related to the MSA being used as it is affecting OneDrive folders, emails received from Microsoft and the achievements
    displayed in the Windows 10 app.

The problem with creating a new MSA to test, is that I wouldn't have any achievements or friends to display in it.

Thanks,

Sergio

Sergio [MSFT], Jul 10, 2015
  4. davehc Win User

I don't own such, but, maybe this

"You received this email because you connected your Microsoft account to a Windows 8 or Windows RT device. This is the first of two emails we will send you to help you get started."

davehc, Jul 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft thinks I'm using Windows 8 - email to my MSA - Similar Threads - Microsoft thinks I'm

2. i'm unable to update my windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i'm unable to update my windows 8: im unable to update my windows 8 and bios as well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-update-my-windows-8/ba30135e-e894-49a3-aa36-e618d96753c4
  3. i'm unable to update my windows 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i'm unable to update my windows 8: im unable to update my windows 8 and bios as well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-update-my-windows-8/ba30135e-e894-49a3-aa36-e618d96753c4
  4. I cant use Microsoft Store because it thinks I'm in Russia

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant use Microsoft Store because it thinks I'm in Russia: I cant use Microsoft Store or install Minecraft because they think I'm in Russia. Why is that? I've been living in EU, Latvia for 3 years already and haven't visited Russia since I moved. My account country is also set to Latvia. Why am I still not able to use Microsoft...
  5. I cant use Microsoft Store because it thinks I'm in Russia

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant use Microsoft Store because it thinks I'm in Russia: I cant use Microsoft Store or install Minecraft because they think I'm in Russia. Why is that? I've been living in EU, Latvia for 3 years already and haven't visited Russia since I moved. My account country is also set to Latvia. Why am I still not able to use Microsoft...
  6. I cant use Microsoft Store because it thinks I'm in Russia

7. Mail App keeps thinking I'm using "automatic replies" when I'm not

Mail App keeps thinking I'm using "automatic replies" when I'm not: For some reason, the Windows 10 Mail app on my home desktop started spamming me with the warning "You're sending automatic replies from ...".What's weird is - it's just not true. I never turned on automatic replies. My work desktop which uses outlook.exe to access the same...
  8. Only unidirectional login using MSA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only unidirectional login using MSA: DesktopNotebook OSWindows 10 b2004Fresh installedWindows 10 b2004 Fresh installed Login to OnedriveNo ProblemNo Problem Login to MSA web pageNo ProblemNo Problem Problem 1 Login over LAN'Cannot' login to Notebook passwordCan login to Desktop read and write Problem 2 Folder...
  9. I'm getting what I think are scam emails that are spoofed to look like microsoft.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm getting what I think are scam emails that are spoofed to look like microsoft.: They come from this email address Microsoft Rewards <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> When I hover over the email the links go to e.microsoft.com. Here's a screenshot. [ATTACH]...
  10. I think some Microsoft app is processing my email........

in Windows 10 Support
    I think some Microsoft app is processing my email........: I use Gmail and Thunderbird as an email client. Some Microsoft app (all of a sudden) has been notifying me every time I receive an email and placing a 'flag' (see attachment) on the left side of my screen. Again, Microsoft is forcing something on me that I don't want - and I...