Windows 10: Microsoft, this is actually a second attempt. New cd-rom drive still won't read cd-rw's.

Discus and support Microsoft, this is actually a second attempt. New cd-rom drive still won't read cd-rw's. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft. I hope I can get some answers this time. My pc is homemade. And I was having trouble with my cd-rom drive not reading cd-rw's. This AM I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevinBaileyWX, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Microsoft, this is actually a second attempt. New cd-rom drive still won't read cd-rw's.

Microsoft. I hope I can get some answers this time. My pc is homemade.

And I was having trouble with my cd-rom drive not reading cd-rw's. This AM I replaced my cd-rom drive with a new one I had in the closet. And it still won't read cd-rw's. It burns and plays cd-r disks. And it will burn a cd-rw disk as far as I know. I use a Program called CDBurnerXP. It is very useful software. It shows the burning process and after the burn it will finalize the disk. Also the burned cd-rw disk shows where it burned. It left the burned texture on the disk. I just can't read it back.

I have run sfc /scannow to see if I could find something wrong. Yes it did and it also repaired what was wrong. Still no go. Why does it burn cd-r's and play them? Why can I burn cd-rw's, but no read back? I hope you can help. Thank you.

Under Windows Topics I chose Devices & drivers. Not sure if that is where I need to be. Thanks again.

:)

KevinBaileyWX, Dec 10, 2020

2. My CD ROM can´t read any CDs or DVDs

I wanted to use my CD ROM after a long time, and then after many attempts with other CDs/DVDs, all I can say is that my CD ROM won´t read anything.

I tried solutions online, like using regedit and search for UpperFilters and LowerFilters, but I don´t have them, but it still won´t read anything. I have Windows 7 Home Premium, can anyone help me?

Catalin Constantin, Dec 10, 2020
  3. CD ROM Drive (DMicrosoft, this is actually a second attempt. New cd-rom drive still won't read cd-rw's. :)

The CD Rom Drive (DMicrosoft, this is actually a second attempt. New cd-rom drive still won't read cd-rw's. :) got changed to DVD RW Drive (DMicrosoft, this is actually a second attempt. New cd-rom drive still won't read cd-rw's. :) during windows update. How do I change it back to CD ROM Drive instead of DVD RW Drive which I don't need.

MarrietIgnacio, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Microsoft, this is actually a second attempt. New cd-rom drive still won't read cd-rw's.

CD ROM Drive does not read a disc

I just purchased a new cd rom rw and the disk goes into the drive, but there is a file that is missing,can you help me get it working? My old cd rom quit doing the same thing. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1.

vietnmvetr, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft, this is actually a second attempt. New cd-rom drive still won't read cd-rw's.

1. Microsoft, this is actually a second attempt. New cd-rom drive still won't read cd-rw's. - Similar Threads - Microsoft actually second

2. cd-rom rw drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd-rom rw drive: recovery driver and f drive disappeared after windows update...also restore points removed so cannot do restore how do i get these back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-rw-drive/9566452c-08a8-4011-9a94-ab34ffeb79c2
  3. Replaced rom drive and it still won't read cd-rw's. What could it be?

Replaced rom drive and it still won't read cd-rw's. What could it be?: Windows 10 Home. Honestly I posted at Windows Forum several days ago, but can't find post to continue posting to. Anyway, as some of you may remember I couldn't get my rom drive to read cd-rw's. This AM I swapped out rom drive with a new one I had in the closet. It wasn't...
  4. cd rom drive

cd rom drive: hi just wondering at all if there is a cd rom drive on a lenovo laptop windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-drive/7b932ceb-cdc2-45c2-bd36-29cfa46a8c1e
  5. dvd/CD rom not reading

dvd/CD rom not reading: operating system : win 10 64 bit dvd/cd rom drives: matshita dvd-ram uj8b0 device status: This device is working properly i uninstalled all antivirus programs still not reading discs i uninstalled and reinstalled still not reading any DVD OR CD I DID SEARCH FOR...
  6. CD ROM Drive does not read a disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CD ROM Drive does not read a disc: I just purchased a new cd rom rw and the disk goes into the drive, but there is a file that is missing,can you help me get it working? My old cd rom quit doing the same thing. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1....
  7. external RW CD/Rom not migrating

external RW CD/Rom not migrating: the Cd reader is connected by USB. In device manager it says "device not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match". I have seen a number of claimed solutions to this mostly several years ago bu no simple clear fix. Does anyone have such a thing?...
  8. CD-ROM drive

CD-ROM drive: My computer crashed after updating windows 10. I downloaded the ISO recover and got my computer reprogramed. But it never recovered my CD-ROM drive. I have the option of using it in my bios boot menu but no where else. How do I recover my CD-ROM drive on my computer....
  9. CD Rom drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD Rom drive: I want to download a CD software disc. How do I open the CD Rom door in my HP computer with Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-drive/1edb8c00-609a-4e62-8b60-e133e97ec45c
  10. cd rom doesnt read cd

cd rom doesnt read cd: how can I get my cd rom to read my cds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-doesnt-read-cd/3669775c-9782-4b91-8cb8-963e4c4f60dc