Windows 10: Microsoft tiles are losing icons in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft tiles are losing icons in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I found a few close posts, but they're locked. First Skype's icon in the systray began disappearing, now the Office icons are missing from their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ithinktfiam, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Microsoft tiles are losing icons in Windows 10

I found a few close posts, but they're locked.

First Skype's icon in the systray began disappearing, now the Office icons are missing from their tiles. In both cases, the tiles and systray are still work, they're just blank. In the case of the menu tiles, they have the appropriate color just no image.

I've seen the threads say something about "command prompt (admin)" on the system menu, but that doesn't exist. There's only Powershell (Admin) and my understanding is that Powershell is not the same as the command prompt.

How do we fix this Microsoft bug?

:)

ithinktfiam, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Florrian Win User

Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles

To modify both the icons and tiles of programs such as Microsoft Office suite, Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird, it gets one step trickier than what I explained above. After having creating the shortcut toward the fake homonym app, you need to use Windows Tile Color Changer to change the tile background color. Just click "Change Tile Color" without selecting any to get the automatic background color (orange in my case).

Step by step:
    1. Go in Microsoft Office folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15 for Windows 10 and Office 15)
    2. Rename EXCEL.EXE in EXCEL2.EXE, or any other application whose icon you want to edit
    3. Create a new text document (or whatever you like) on your desktop, and give it the initial name of the Office application you are working on (EXCEL.exe here)
    4. Move the fake file into the Office folder
    5. Create a shortcut toward the fake application on your desktop, and change shortcut icon (you will not be able to do it anymore after step 6)
    5. bis Change tile background color using Windows Tile Color Changer
    6. Delete the fake file in the Office folder, and give the real Office program its original name
    7. Pin your new shortcut to your Start menu

And here is the result:

Microsoft tiles are losing icons in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Florrian, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Microsoft tiles are losing icons in Windows 10

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft tiles are losing icons in Windows 10

1. Microsoft tiles are losing icons in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft tiles are

2. lose icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lose icon: Why my icon did not show in regular image, it shows white folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lose-icon/836002a4-6203-4d33-b697-d40ff4c5bd98
  3. lose icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lose icon: Why my icon did not show in regular image, it shows white folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lose-icon/836002a4-6203-4d33-b697-d40ff4c5bd98
  4. Tiles and Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles and Icons: Why won't my Alienware laptop running an Intel I7-6500U CPU @ 2.50 Ghz, 8 GB ram, 500 GB Hard drive, 64 bit with touch screen. Windows 10 version 1903, with OS build 18362.836. Why won't it save to tiles anymore after last update? Either need ability to have desktop icons or...
  5. Microsoft News tile icon missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft News tile icon missing: My Microsoft News icon has gone blank. How can I restore the picture? ***Original title: Windows 10 News Icon*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-tile-icon-missing/cc773e7c-eee6-49a4-9ac8-8f7ef115d978
  6. Start tiles lose their icons on reboot/restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start tiles lose their icons on reboot/restart: MODS.... PLEASE DO NOT MERGE THIS WITH MY ORIGINAL THREAD. I RECEIVED NO HELP THAT WORKED AND IF YOU DO MERGE IT, THIS WILL GET BURIED AND MY QUESTION WILL NOT GET RESOLVED. Windows 10 Home version 1803 OS build 17134.285 When I reboot or restart, some of my Start Menu...
  7. No icon on tile

No icon on tile: When I pin the Crome exe to start menu all is well, but if I change the size to small it will lose the icon and tile is faded? Anyone have a fix for this? 32331
  8. Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles

Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles: Hello guys, first post on the forum, I have modified most of my programs icons in Windows 10 Start menu to get something more homogeneous. I will upload a print screen for you to see guys. The problem is: I couldn't find a way to modify Microsoft Office apps icons and...
  9. Losing icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing icons: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. I've lost the power level (battery) and the sound level control icons. What do I have to do to get them back? When I try to activate them they're grayed out. Best regards. *Mad 29032
  10. Icons and Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons and Tiles: I have wondered why tile has become the key word for what used to be icon? Is there really a difference other than size? Programs have become apps. I know tablets changed our reference words but when an app has more code than some programs isn't it really a program? I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 tiles lose icons

2. losing tiles Windows Phone

3. windows 10 losing icons

4. windows 10 start tiles keep losing icons,
  5. windows 10 app tiles lose icons randomly,
  6. windows 10 some of start tile icons keep losing icon after switching from desktop,
  7. losing icons in win 10