Windows 10: Microsoft to bring Spotify to Groove Music Pass customers

Discus and support Microsoft to bring Spotify to Groove Music Pass customers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Music Pass support in Groove and music purchase in the Windows Store to be discontinued; the Groove Music app will continue to support playback and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft to bring Spotify to Groove Music Pass customers

Source: Microsoft to bring Spotify to Groove Music Pass customers - Windows Experience Blog

:)

Brink, Oct 1, 2017
  2. Jane Lla Win User

Cortana

Hello Saheb,

If you're getting any error messages, please attach a snip of the said error so we could check.

Moreover, please be advised that we've merged Groove Music and Spotify. That being said, you may now use Spotify to stream music online.

Groove Music and Spotify: FAQ

For more information, you may check this Windows Blog article released addressing Groove Music and Spotify support:

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Oct 1, 2017
  3. Groove Music App

Hello Kylie,

Microsoft announced the partnership with Spotify to bring the world’s largest music streaming service to the customers. On
    January 1, 2018, the Groove Music Pass streaming service was already discontinued. For more information regarding this announcement, you may refer to this article:
    Groove Music and Spotify: FAQ.

If you have other concerns, feel free to post it here in the Community.

Joseph Ban, Oct 1, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

swarfega, Oct 2, 2017
  5. - love the Groove platform..
    - beautiful interface..

BugMeister, Oct 2, 2017
  6. reddice Win User
    Spotify is overrated. Battery killer, horrible UI and over loud sound quality. Yet another service falls to Spotify.

reddice, Oct 2, 2017
  7. Cliff S New Member
    This is one thing that I really, really hate about Microsoft:

They start something, and people actually like it, then mothball it
    Microsoft to bring Spotify to Groove Music Pass customers [​IMG]

I don't use any music streaming service(YouTube is enough for me), but still, Groove is supposed to be safe, and one can trust Microsoft with data and what they send your PC, but, when they outsource to a 3rd party, can you trust them(the 3rd party) with your data, can you trust their security, with said data?

Cliff S, Oct 2, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

I've been a Spotify subscriber for a couple of years now and I've had no cause for concern.

swarfega, Oct 2, 2017
  9. Faith Win User
    Well, fudgesickles... Time to backup my purchases then. I swear, everytime Microsoft does something new, it's either going to get revisioned up the butt, or gone altogether. For now on I'm sticking to the OS only.

Faith, Oct 3, 2017
  10. Never tried Groove other than to briefly peruse locally stored tracks. Spotify is really good though, at least on mobile devices. I use it on iOS and ‘it just works’ unlike Apple Music which I have found to be the buggiest most unpredictable pile of .... I’ve ever seen. You are in good hands with Spotify though as long as MS don’t fudge the transition

Scottyboy99, Oct 3, 2017
  11. DikDay Win User
    Dopamine can replace Groove music. Dopamine is not a bad player with a lot of different settings. The Dopamine project is developing to this day.

Digimezzo
    Software | Digimezzo

DikDay, Oct 3, 2017
  12. swarfega Win User
    Spotify isn't changing, the Groove app is.

swarfega, Oct 3, 2017
  13. Microsoft to bring Spotify to Groove Music Pass customers

Meh. Groove is basically useless for me on my XBOX One. And it's the only Microsoft supplied App on that platform to play my tunes. Local storage isn't allowed on the XBOX Ones internal hard drive. And try as I might, I could not get Groove to see my external USB drive with all my music on it. *Banghead Your basically forced to use cloud storage. *Devil I'm not paying for extra One Drive storage just to play music I already own, on my XBOX. I'll fire up my Raspberry Pi with KODI on it. *Wink

On my PC I just use Windows Media Player. I'm retired with simple needs. I just want to play my music right here, right now.

alphanumeric, Oct 4, 2017
  14. I’m similar, not into all that cloud / streaming stuff. I like what I like and prefer my own copies whether that be digital or disc. Unfortunately everything is so cloud-centric these days

what happens when a cloud based service has an outage, your basically frozen out of your stuff

Scottyboy99, Oct 4, 2017
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Well, they have started with the warnings now I see:

I only use Groove for local anyhow, but as usual, Microsoft creates something actually good, then kills it off(hello Windows Phone).

For new music I stream any how.
    I don't see buying music anymore, as I get bored very fast with any music I own, and I can just stream, and let the ads pay the musician, when I listen to the music at the band's official web site, or the record company's official YouTube page. Like Roadrunner Records

Cliff S, Nov 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Microsoft to bring Spotify to Groove Music Pass customers - Similar Threads - Microsoft bring Spotify

2. Groove Music.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music.: The album display looks really blury/low quality, the cover arts look so bad in the main groove page, when I click on the album and open it, it's good again. Any idea what's going on here ? submitted by /u/Yosefalii [link] [comments]...
  3. Spotify Music, Microsoft Currency

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify Music, Microsoft Currency: Can i use my microsoft currency as a payment for spotify premium? The reason i ask is cause i dont have a deit/credit card and paypal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify-music-microsoft-currency/90f48e0a-4f5a-4f9f-9f82-a4ef14fb6914"
  4. Groove Music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groove Music: Hi. How can I copy and burn playlist to USB stick resp. CD-RW ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music/7facad66-ffa9-47dc-a160-2c8550fe88b8"
  5. Cortana Suddenly Tries to Access Groove Music Instead of Spotify

in Cortana
    Cortana Suddenly Tries to Access Groove Music Instead of Spotify: Up until a couple of days ago, I could say "Hey Cortana, Play Morph the Cat" and she would open the album up in Spotify. Suddenly, she will go to Groove Music, which doesn't work because there's nothing there. There are a few albums she will still reliably open in Spotify,...
  6. Groove Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music: Will Groove Music App still work to play local files after Microsoft kills Groove Music Pass by the end of this year? My concern is that this is the only reliable app that plays music without glitches when my Surface Pro is on connected standby. 96561
  7. Music Groove

Music Groove: Hello, i have installed fresh windows 10 pro system. I have wanted to listen to my music using Music Groove app. When i have wanted to launch it then it said i need to install Media Feature Pack. Ok, so i have installed both, for 32 and 64bit version using link described...
  8. Groove Music

Groove Music: My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and...
  9. Groove music need an AirPlay or Connect Spotify equivalent feature

Groove music need an AirPlay or Connect Spotify equivalent feature: Spotify lack its feature even in Windows 10 Mobile Apps (uwp), so with Groove music would be great a similar technology embedded in a huge kind of devices (Sonos system like, avr(s) and so on). Bluetooth isn't the solution. 40248
  10. Groove Music

Groove Music: Does anyone else think this app is a POS, or am I doing something that makes it seem that way? Every time I open it, it starts to load all my 1000's of songs on my computer and I can't find a way to clear songs from it or stop it loading. I'm also trying to find a way to edit...