Windows 10: Microsoft to continue to innovate the computers with Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft to continue to innovate the computers with Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this year, Microsoft announced that there will be a major reorganization at Microsoft. One of the things that we understood from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 15, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft to continue to innovate the computers with Windows 10

Earlier this year, Microsoft announced that there will be a major reorganization at Microsoft. One of the things that we understood from the reorganization at Microsoft was that the company is moving away from a consumer focussed company to an enterprise focussed company. It meant that Microsoft would reduce their focus on Windows and give more focus to their enterprise products like Office, Azure etc. This news certainly made Windows fans unhappy and many believed that Microsoft will no longer concentrate on Windows 10.

But a recent interview of Satya Nadella by The Verge makes us think otherwise. Satya Nadella provided a detailed explanation as to why the reorganization happened. But as normal consumers, people should know if it wise to buy devices powered by Microsoft. They should know if the reorganization has any negative impact on Windows.

Satya explained the purpose of the latest update to Windows 10 – The Windows 10 April 2018 update. Microsoft recognizes that a person has more than one device. He may have a Windows device for productivity and some entertainment purposes. But he will most definitely have a smartphone with which he will interact with his social media apps to connect with other people. What Microsoft aims to do is to bring about a connection between these devices so that the users can get more out of their computers.

One of the best features in Windows 10 April update that enables this kind of a connectivity between devices is Windows Timeline. Timeline shows a history of all the things that you have done on your PC in chronological order. But if you are using Microsoft Launcher on your Android smartphone or Microsoft Edge on your iPhone, then Timeline on your PC will be able to show a list of all the activities that you have done on your smartphone. Also, you can resume the task/web page, that you have opened on your smartphone, from your PC.

With future updates, Timeline will also be available in the Microsoft Launcher in Android and Edge browser in iOS. So users can resume a task, which they were doing on their PC, from their smartphone. This is a perfect example of how “starting from one device and finishing in another device” takes place. It will be very convenient to the users. But the next challenge that Microsoft has is to convince developers to provide their apps with support for Timeline. This will, of course, take a lot of time.

Another feature that maintains a continuity between devices is My Phone. It was demoed at Build 2018. My Phone acts as a bridge between your smartphone and your PC. It will beam notifications from your smartphone to your PC so that you wouldn’t have to check your smartphone for notifications while doing a task on your PC. Additionally, you will also be able to reply to notifications directly from your PC.

This certainly suggests that Microsoft is not moving their focus from Windows and in fact, they are adding more functionality to Windows by bringing about a continuity between Windows and other operating systems.

Satya also emphasized that Microsoft will continue their work in innovating computer hardware with Surface devices, provide new features like Timeline and My Phone and also recognize, accept and adapt to the fact that users will have multiple devices.

What is the future of Windows?

Microsoft has now evolved into a company with a lot of resources and knowledge in actual hardware, software, cloud and AI. Microsoft was always a software company focusing on Windows but things have changed and the company’s most profitable business is now its Azure and other cloud services.

Windows, in the words of Satya Nadella, “is always about managing a bunch of hardware resources, whether on the server or on the client and creating an application model on top of it.” Microsoft is now in a position which has all of these capabilities.

Microsoft will now consider Linux, Java etc with first-class priority by providing Azure services to these platforms. Similarly, we have been seeing more support and applications for Android and iOS.

So, we have to understand Windows and the future of Windows in a broader sense. Windows is no longer an operating system for PCs, it is a platform for Microsoft to cater to the needs of all users across all their devices. This will eventually make Microsoft a company which will serve all its users across all their devices.

The post Microsoft to continue to innovate the computers with Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 15, 2018
  2. petrib Win User

innovation

None of the items (1-4) you list specfically requires Windows Mobile.

There are already Symbian based phones with all of the things you list, I'd say. Not all of them necessarily in all models, of course; there are also Windows Mobile based devices without any of the items you list. Microsoft to continue to innovate the computers with Windows 10 ;)

petrib, May 15, 2018
  3. BillIT Win User
    Upgrading to Microsoft 10, I receive Bad_Pool_Header and computer reboots continuously

Original title: Upgrading to Microsoft 10

After upgrade completed I receive Bad_Pool_Header and computer reboots continuously. Why?

BillIT, May 15, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft to continue to innovate the computers with Windows 10

1. Microsoft to continue to innovate the computers with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft continue innovate

2. Microsoft Innovation Portal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Innovation Portal: I have been using MS operating system and I have used MS website for various reasons several times a day. But the company do not have a dedicated innovation portal where we can share our thoughts and ideas for Microsoft products and can also commit many other thongs for the...
  3. Microsoft Innovation Portal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Innovation Portal: I have been using MS operating system and I have used MS website for various reasons several times a day. But the company do not have a dedicated innovation portal where we can share our thoughts and ideas for Microsoft products and can also commit many other thongs for the...
  4. Microsoft 10 Continuous Reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft 10 Continuous Reboot: Hello, I am having a problem with my Msi PC upon boot up. What I believe to be the problem is the usb drives are causing the pc to enter a continuous reboot cycle upon startup. It will get to the unlock screen. Flash about 3 times on and off from lock screen and black...
  5. Microsoft CEO hints at a renewed focus and innovations in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft CEO hints at a renewed focus and innovations in Windows: Windows as a service isn’t working properly and Microsoft’s current approach is not seen as a plus by many customers. Lately, Windows 10 has been enterprise-focused and the tech giant is unable to get Windows 10’s features development, reliability and fundamentals back on...
  6. Microsoft’s innovative Windows 10 Core OS spotted again

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s innovative Windows 10 Core OS spotted again: Employees at Microsoft are updating their LinkedIn profiles to mention the tech giant’s innovative Windows Core OS project. Last year, a LinkedIn job post revealed that Windows 10’s new modular version could use open source components. The job post, which was spotted in...
  7. Cybersecurity innovation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cybersecurity innovation: Say you have an idea in cybersecurity, you want to patent it and then license/sell it to some big biz; who would you try to hook up with: Microsoft, Google, Amazon, FB, RSA? What would be your top 3 choices and why?...
  8. Innovating with Microsoft HoloLens: Vuforia SDK is Here

in Windows 10 News
    Innovating with Microsoft HoloLens: Vuforia SDK is Here: Earlier this year at Build, it was announced that Vuforia, one of the world’s most widely used platforms for AR development, would support Microsoft HoloLens through its 275,000 developers. Vuforia introduced an important capability to HoloLens – the power to connect...
  9. Windows 10 Embracing Silicon Innovation

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Embracing Silicon Innovation: Last week at CES we were excited to see Windows 10 devices from many of our partners, including Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, LG, Samsung, and Toshiba win over 50 major awards, including Best of CES, Best 2-in-1, Best Gaming Laptop and many more. It has been awesome to...
  10. Delivering continuous innovation with Windows Server

in Windows 10 News
    Delivering continuous innovation with Windows Server: Over the years, our conversations with customers about their application and datacenter needs have really evolved, but the one constant is the accelerating pace of change. Digital transformation is changing the way business is done and the most competitive organizations react...