Windows 10: Microsoft to Discontinue Old Internet Explorer Versions in January

Discus and support Microsoft to Discontinue Old Internet Explorer Versions in January in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Now that Microsoft has replaced Internet Explorer with Edge in Windows 10, the company’s exclusively focusing on its new browser, so moving users to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Oct 14, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft to Discontinue Old Internet Explorer Versions in January

Source

labeeman, Oct 14, 2015

2. Will this free up some resources at Microsoft? Edge needs a little work!

:)

markweatherill, Oct 15, 2015
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    MS Digital Image Pro 10 with with Windows 10

Hi Billy,

Microsoft Digital Image Pro 10 is an old image viewer program which was discontinued in 2007. One of Microsoft Digital Image Pro 10's requirement is Internet Explorer 6. If you do not have this specific version of Internet Explorer, you will not be able
    to install the program. Please take note that in Windows 10, Internet Explorer 11 is the only available version of the said browser. We recommend that you use the Photo app instead to view or edit your images.

If you have additional questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Oct 15, 2015
  4. Microsoft to Discontinue Old Internet Explorer Versions in January

Fall Creators Update issue with upload files button on uploaded.net

Hello Eric,

Works on good old Internet Explorer 11...so don't you please discontinue on this ;-)

Thanks for the help...

WojciechWilk, Oct 15, 2015
  5. snoopy51 Win User
    Edge needs a lot of work to be browser leader! Blocking undesirable Pop Up, extension, etc.
    However, it is going in the right direction!

snoopy51, Oct 15, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    It's about time. Some of the older versions of IE are junk and they need to be trashed.

BunnyJ, Oct 15, 2015
  7. Antilope Win User
    Hey kids, let's get together on a Kickstarter project and start the "Internet Explorer Foundation". We can make an open source Internet Explorer for the world. Hey we can even make Internet Explorer for Linux and Apple. It will be great! *Party

Chirp, chirp, chirp (sound of crickets). What? No? I didn't think so. Well then, I'll just stay with Edge and Foxfire. *chuckle

Antilope, Oct 15, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

AH.. no.. *Wink

BunnyJ, Oct 15, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    So all Vista users will get Edge?

10. BunnyJ New Member
    No.. MS will push users of OS's like Visa to use the latest version of IE.. IE11.

BunnyJ, Oct 15, 2015
  11. IE11 still supported so that is good for me

Don't really want to go back to Chrome

paulsalter, Oct 15, 2015
  12. Gork Win User
    I'd like to see them fix the "cascading bug" for Edge (and Windows Explorer for that matter) first. Though I haven't been able to figure out if the bug exists in the latest Insider builds, it certainly exists in the latest release version.

Bug: Open an Edge non-maximized and position it in the upper left corner of the screen. Close the window. Open a new Edge window. You will see that the new window opens in the same place as it would have if you would have left the first window open; cascaded.

13. spapakons Win User

If Microsoft wants to replace Internet Explorer with Edge, they must add ALL IE features to Edge. That means it must support ALL ActiveX controls and ALL IE plugins and Java. Until then, they better not remove IE from Windows 10! I use Firefox too, but I like IE better! Chrome also has banished support for Java and legacy plugins, so it is rather useless, like Edge. We will be forced to use Firefox only if we want full functionality. Not really a clever move Microsoft!

spapakons, Oct 19, 2015
  14. Vista? Vista will be dead meat like XP was made last April likely in April 2016 only 6 months away now! IE 11 was never XP available there either. Likewise you might see an 8 and 8.1 flavor of Edge available but can't say for sure at this time.

Who said you had to go back to Chrome? That always appeared to be an unfinished browser in appearance anyways. There are other alternative browsers like Opera, Firefox, the 64bit flavor variant of FF being Waterfox, etc. Prefer Waterfox over FF any day of the week here.

That would be something to see since one look at Edge when first getting 10 was at it took to know it was in desperate need of fixes as well as not having hardly any options! It's still in it's beta form and with previous version would have been introduced separately from any new version until then. In 10 however MS simply said "You will use this! Sorry IE no more!" when it's far from actually being ready to replace IE entirely.

Fortunately for the present you can go into the Program Files and Program Files(x86) folders to pin an IE shortcut to the Start and Taskbar with a right click on the "iexplorer.exe" file for both the 32bit and on the 64bit 10 the 64bit flavor of IE there. What comes as far as the 2016 RTM builds however will be seeing all that stripped out.

Night Hawk, Oct 19, 2015
  15. spapakons Win User
    If they do that, remove IE 11 in 2016 builds, it will be a really stupid move! Most people will either switch to Firefox or other browsers or seek ways to return to Windows 8.1 or 7. Edge is USELESS as it is now. The excuse that it doesn't support ActiveX controls to protect us from malware is very lame! It should support everything and be programmed so it can protect us from malware. Does Microsoft think that hackers won't find a way to attack Edge users? Of course they will! So removing functionality for security's sake IS NOT the solution. The same did Chrome, it removed Java support, NPAPI plugins support and now it is pretty useless! There are people working online you know! Not everybody uses their browser for Facebook and YouTube! How we are supposed to use e-banking without Java support for example?

I insist on that! Microsoft should think twice before removing IE from Windows 10. At least users must have the choice to use Edge or IE, not be forced to use Edge just because they want to promote it! Make it better, add more features and then we may reconsider. Until then DON'T TOUCH IE!

spapakons, Oct 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft to Discontinue Old Internet Explorer Versions in January - Similar Threads - Microsoft Discontinue Old

2. Help for restoring the old version of File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help for restoring the old version of File Explorer.: This is the worst update they made for File Explorer. The 23H2 Update killed the drag and drop in File Explorer's Address Bar.I'm one of those people who drags and drop files through the address bar as part of my work. That feature is very useful and necessary for my work but...
  3. Help for restoring the old version of File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help for restoring the old version of File Explorer.: This is the worst update they made for File Explorer. The 23H2 Update killed the drag and drop in File Explorer's Address Bar.I'm one of those people who drags and drop files through the address bar as part of my work. That feature is very useful and necessary for my work but...
  4. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  5. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  6. Microsoft Edge old version?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge old version?: Hello, When I just started my PC, a Windows Update came and the new Edge-Browser welcomed me. However, since I find many things worse improved, I wanted to ask if there is any way to get the old browser back... LG Microsoft Edge alte Version bekommen?
  7. Old microsoft office versions

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Old microsoft office versions: Is there anyway to get an old version of Word/excel etc without a licence. 155931
  8. Microsoft plans to discontinue its old internet games on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans to discontinue its old internet games on Windows: Beginning January 2020, Microsoft’s outdated internet games will stop functioning on Windows 7 machines. In a new announcement, Microsoft has revealed that it plans to discontinue the internet-based games such as Checkers, Spades on Windows 7, Windows XP, and Windows ME...
  9. When will Version 1809 be discontinued?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When will Version 1809 be discontinued?: I was just wondering when Version 1809 will be discontinued because I saw a few days ago that Version 1803 will be discontinued in November 2019. Thanks....
  10. Reset PC gets discontinued version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset PC gets discontinued version 1809: I just reset one of my PC's and got the version 1809 which is pulled back. How to I update to the older version? I think it was 1803. Of course ( What else is new - something got changed and image does not insert properly! ) ( today - Oct 8 2018 ) [ATTACH]...