Windows 10: Microsoft To-Do - Duplicate Recurring Tasks

Discus and support Microsoft To-Do - Duplicate Recurring Tasks in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All my recurring tasks in the To-Do app are being duplicated. So when I mark a recurring task complete, an exact copy of that occurrence appears on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Devin Walz, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Microsoft To-Do - Duplicate Recurring Tasks

All my recurring tasks in the To-Do app are being duplicated. So when I mark a recurring task complete, an exact copy of that occurrence appears on the list with the same due date and sub tasks, but the task and all sub tasks are marked incomplete. This means that I have to check every sub task and main task complete twice for every recurring task I have. Before marking the next occurrence complete, only one instance of that recurring task appears on the list.

I tried deleting all my recurring tasks (including all previously completed occurrences) and creating the recurring tasks again from scratch, but I am still encountering the same problem.

How do I get rid of the duplicate occurrences permanently and prevent them from being created again?

:)

Devin Walz, Nov 19, 2019

2. Ovi Suite/N97 Issues with recurring tasks

did a sync this week (haven't done one for ages because of this problem) and all my recurring tasks appeared in my phone as recurring tasks - not an enormous list...also my task list in outlook stayed completely intact....

have nokia managed to sneakily fix this or was this a one off?!

NickFrancis---01, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Ovi Suite/N97 Issues with recurring tasks

Hi

I have finally managed to get my N97 to work with Ovi Suite (v 2.0.1.35) but am having some very annoying issues when it comes to syncing calendar & tasks (personally I wish I could just sync the calendar and not the tasks...).

I have several recurring tasks in Outlook. They feature in my task list on Outlook as just one task with the recurring symbol next to them. Whenever I sync my N97 for some reason, on both the N97 and Outlook the recurring tasks disappear and are replaced
    by a years worth of the recurring task. This means that both my N97 & Outlook task lists are suddenly overflowing and impossible to manage.

Has anyone else experienced this & is there a way round this, or a way to simply sync calendar and not tasks??

Thanks

Nick

NickFrancis---01, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Microsoft To-Do - Duplicate Recurring Tasks

Windows Mobile 6 Recurring Tasks shows Future Tasks

No, because it is not due. Hence my statement, "When I complete a recurring task, the next task in the sequence is immediately displayed in the task list even though it is
    not due for some time in the future"

In other words, I setup a weekly recurring task, due every Sunday. On Sunday, I complete the task that was due on the day that I completed it. Suddenly, the next task in the recurring sequence appears in the list that is due a week later. This is very annoying.
    The task should not show up until it is due.

The behavior I am expecting is what Windows Mobile 5 did. This is different in Windows Mobile 6.

If I end up creating 100 recurring tasks, I will ALWAYS have 100 displaying at the same time... even though none of them are due. The whole point of only showing "Active" tasks is so that you dont see tasks that are not due yet.

RJKobbeman, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft To-Do - Duplicate Recurring Tasks

1. Microsoft To-Do - Duplicate Recurring Tasks - Similar Threads - Microsoft Duplicate Recurring

2. duplicate processes in the task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duplicate processes in the task manager: Hello, for some time I have been experiencing a problem with duplicate processes in the task manager, i.e. not every process is duplicated, e.g. I experience two processesCOM surrogate 2xCefSharp.BrowserSubprocess 32bit 2xNVIDIA Container x5NVIDIA Share x3Runtime Broker...
  3. duplicate processes in the task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate processes in the task manager: Hello, for some time I have been experiencing a problem with duplicate processes in the task manager, i.e. not every process is duplicated, e.g. I experience two processesCOM surrogate 2xCefSharp.BrowserSubprocess 32bit 2xNVIDIA Container x5NVIDIA Share x3Runtime Broker...
  4. Microsoft To-Do Tasks Not Repeating

Microsoft To-Do Tasks Not Repeating: Hi All, I'm using Microsoft To-Do to schedule many tasks, but the repeat function for tasks does not seem to work. I have tried daily, weekly, monthly, and custom ranges for various tasks, but whenever I do, the next tasks in the series are never created. I'm on a Windows...
  5. Tasks Apparently Duplicating Uncontrollably

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tasks Apparently Duplicating Uncontrollably: [ATTACH] When I check the Task Manager, I see numerous copies of each app I have open. Each is shown by Windows as consuming memory. I've also noticed copies of background processes, such as one related to Adobe. Shutting down and powering on my laptop did nothing....
  6. duplicate list in Microsoft TO DO

duplicate list in Microsoft TO DO: Can I duplicate a list in Microsoft TO DO in a mobile app? or it only is permitted in a desktop version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-list-in-microsoft-to-do/bee8d3c3-4b80-4beb-9f07-53125d3a954c
  7. How reminder work for Recurring task

How reminder work for Recurring task: hi every body, i get so confused on how MS todo reminder work ? i have several task that repeating everyday , but after some day the reminder do not notify me and the reminder item change to grey color. for example a task that repeat every day at 3pm, the reminder get...
  8. Recurring tasks twice a week

Recurring tasks twice a week: Hey everyone, I'm a Wunderlist fan that moved to To Do. I'm trying to figure out how to have a recurring task that reminds me twice a week. For example, I would like To do to remind me on Wednesdays and Fridays every week to perform a task. Any ideas on how to do this, or...
  9. Recurring tasks twice a week

Recurring tasks twice a week: Hey everyone, I'm a Wunderlist fan that moved to To Do. I'm trying to figure out how to have a recurring task that reminds me twice a week. For example, I would like To do to remind me on Wednesdays and Fridays every week to perform a task. Any ideas on how to do this, or...
  10. Microsoft To-Do repeating tasks

Microsoft To-Do repeating tasks: Hi, I have repeating tasks with repeating period set to month. I check task as completed, but after that app doesn't create instance of this task with due date for next month. What it's wrong?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete recurring tasks in microsoft to do

2. microsoft to do deleting completed recurrent tasks