Windows 10: Microsoft to drop Facebook, Google Chat integration in Outlook.com

Discus and support Microsoft to drop Facebook, Google Chat integration in Outlook.com in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Within "the next couple of weeks," Microsoft will discontinue support for Facebook Chat and Google Chat in Outlook.com. [img] Microsoft notified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 24, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft to drop Facebook, Google Chat integration in Outlook.com

Source

labeeman, Feb 24, 2015
  2. Mystere Win User

Well, google announced they were going to be dropping XMPP almost 2 years ago, but it's been a slow process... for instance, I Hangouts still supported it for a very long time. However, about a year ago Google Voice dropped support. I guess it's about time others started to drop it as well, given that google won't support it either.

:)

Mystere, Feb 24, 2015
  3. Google chat Integration with messaging Hub

When can we expect integration of IM like Google chat with Mesaging Hub in Windows Phone 8??

Google chat integration with Messaging Hub will really help to stay online and it will be really attractive to be online always using Windows Phone.

Since Facebook is integrated, It ll be good if Google Chat is also included.

VINODH RAMU, Feb 24, 2015
  4. Microsoft to drop Facebook, Google Chat integration in Outlook.com

Chat status isn't available

Still, it doesn't want to connect to chat, even I'm using Wi-Fi,, and Yes, I can use chat from outlook.com

Well, yes I have facebook chat integrated with my phone, and the status options still there..

DennisDestian, Feb 24, 2015
  5. groze Win User
    Skype is not free. Is Microsoft becoming more greedy? I just hope they don't start charging for outlook.com web based email service. I use outlook as my main email.

groze, Feb 24, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Where did Skype come into anything? And yes, Skype is free, at least for messaging... it's not free to make actual calls in the phone system, but that's the only thing that costs money. Regardless, Skype has nothing to do with the subject.

Mystere, Feb 24, 2015
  7. sgage Win User
    These kinds of games remind me why I'm leery of the 'Cloud'. Corporations simply drop functionality, either for competitive reasons, cost, or simple lack of attention span, or whatever. Google is famous for this. So you get a nice workflow going based on some web services, and poof! they're gone one fine day. My ISP outsourced its email service to gmail through Google Partners. So do many colleges and universities. Then, last summer, Google announced they were pulling the plug. Poof! a big scramble to find an alternative.

Another consideration is that services that were once free become paid. Hard to predict how that will go for any particular service.

Another consideration is that they have all your stuff, and can paw through it at will. And they do - that's why it's free!

sgage, Feb 24, 2015
  8. groze Win User

From here. Source

I didn't realize the chat was free. When I signed up for Skype, all they wanted was money to use it.

groze, Feb 24, 2015
  9. adamf Win User
    Voice and video calls to other Skype users are also free. It is only when you call a real phone number (not on Skype) you have to pay (or forward calls to your mobile or whatever).

adamf, Feb 24, 2015
  10. Not sure why it would matter
    If someone was a facebooker you have the silly thing as an app on your desktop or start screen/ cell phone... :/

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft to drop Facebook, Google Chat integration in Outlook.com - Similar Threads - Microsoft drop Facebook

2. facebook video chat

in Windows 10 Customization
    facebook video chat: something happened in the last 2 weeks and now I can not make a video call at facebook messenger... I am using windows 10 with the latest feature update 21h1... when I open camera on my computer I can see myself... tried 2 browsers Edge and Chrome... when I click on camera...
  3. Integrating Microsoft teams from outlook directory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Integrating Microsoft teams from outlook directory: Dear Microsoft Outlook, Wish there is a future option to integrate Microsoft Teams from Outlook directory for purpose to immediately live communicate....
  4. Facebook video chat not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Facebook video chat not working on Windows 10: Have spent several days attempting to get this video chat working. So far, nothing has helped. Camera and mic work fine using Skype, but not if using Facebook chat. Whenever I click on the camera icon in Facebook chat I get the following error: An Error occured when trying...
  5. No sound on facebook chat it just went away!!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on facebook chat it just went away!!!!: No sound on FB chat? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-facebook-chat-it-just-went-away/29de8a75-9469-48b3-ad7d-1e403bac3c1a
  6. Facebook chat disconnects....picture uploading nightmares.

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook chat disconnects....picture uploading nightmares.: This has no doubt been beat to death. Recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 1500 gaming computer to edit my photos. Installed Avast, using it for virus and firewall. Having very regular problems uploading pictures to not just Facebook but every forum I frequent. Pictures are not...
  7. Facebook Chat Is Missing "Web" and "Mobile"

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook Chat Is Missing "Web" and "Mobile": Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 earlier, the Facebook chat doesn't show whether someone's online on Web or on Mobile, no matter which browser I use. It used to show this in Windows 7, but from what I've seen, it's gone in Windows 8, too. 13143
  8. Facebook Chat Box

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook Chat Box: Hi folks, Is anyone else missing their Chat Box thing on Facebook? It seems to have disappeared. *Confused Here's what I'm talking about.. [img] I've edited out any personal details, but as you can see there is no chat box thing on the right side of the...
  9. Laggy/Delay while chatting at facebook on Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Laggy/Delay while chatting at facebook on Microsoft Edge: When i was using win 10 CU, there is no lag/ delay when chatting or posting at facebook. and after i updated it to FCU, when im typing there is always a delay like 0.5 or 1 second to input what i type. i tried at Internet Explorer and the result is fine. Am i missing...
  10. Microsoft drops plans to integrate Cortana with Dynamics 365

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft drops plans to integrate Cortana with Dynamics 365: Microsoft has dropped plans to integrate its Cortana personal digital assistant with its Dynamics 365 ERP/CRM services. Microsoft officials made the announcement about the discontinuation in a very short blog post on January 5, as first noted by MSDynamicsWorld.com. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. GOOGLE outlook.com