Windows 10: Microsoft to improve dark theme in Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app

Discus and support Microsoft to improve dark theme in Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 comes with a built-in dark mode that turns your windows and apps to black and changes the text to lighter colour. With the Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 17, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft to improve dark theme in Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app

Windows 10 comes with a built-in dark mode that turns your windows and apps to black and changes the text to lighter colour. With the Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Microsoft brought the dark theme to the File Explorer and it looks like the company is working on improving the dark mode implementing in one of its core apps.

According to reports, Microsoft is updating the Mail and Calendar app for Windows 10 in the Fast and Skip Ahead ring with dark theme improvements. This update makes everything appear with darker tones and brings the darkness to more elements of the interface including the message body and composer.

The update also adds a toggle button that sits at the top of the screen and it allows you to quickly switch between the light and dark themes.

Microsoft to improve dark theme in Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app Mail-app.jpg

You’ll find the toggle in all pages of the Mail app, even when you’re composing message, so it’s now a lot easier and faster to toggle between two different appearances.

The dark theme in Windows 10

While the recent buzz is about Android getting a system-wide dark mode, Windows 10 has long had this feature. In Windows 10, you can run most of the core apps in the dark theme.

The October 2018 Update expanded the dark theme to also include all parts of File Explorer and it is likely that the future release of the operating system will improve the dark theme implementation across the platform.

The post Microsoft to improve dark theme in Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft to improve dark theme in Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    Mel Tar, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft to improve dark theme in Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app - Similar Threads - Microsoft improve dark

2. Windows 10 is finally getting dark theme improvements in next update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is finally getting dark theme improvements in next update: The dark mode phenomenon continues to spread through websites and apps on all platforms – and Microsoft is also committed to the dark theme. With Build 20211 for testers, Microsoft appears to be testing a new dark mode update for Windows 10 to improve the UI consistency. For...
  3. Windows 10 Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Dark Theme: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Shajirr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6zkis/windows_10_dark_theme/
  4. Microsoft Mail and Calendar App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail and Calendar App: Email will not sync. It works just fine in Outlook put dot in Windows mail. I get error code 0x8007274d. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-and-calendar-app/3cb74ad8-d769-4c05-9a71-404d4be058d6
  5. Problems with Dark theme on Windows apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Dark theme on Windows apps: The problem I am having is that the file manager on my PC and OneNote on my laptop are ignoring the system theme. This has been a consistent problem for months and I am tired of waiting for it to sort itself out. Does anyone have any tips for troubleshooting this? submitted...
  6. Windows 10 dark theme...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 dark theme...: Just as curious WHEN Microsoft will actually make a truly dark theme. Notepad in as in-app since 3.1. Yet why is it not available in dark, with a white font..? 147899
  7. windows 10 dark theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 dark theme: hi i updated windows 10 pro but dark theme didn't effect all panels like windows explorer and right click menu i changed windows theme from personalize and select colors then dark mode for windows apps how to solve this problem ?...
  8. Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app updated with improvements in the Fast Ring

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app updated with improvements in the Fast Ring: Microsoft today pushed out a new update for its Outlook Mail and Calendar app for Windows 10 PC users. The latest update is available for Insiders enrolled in the Fast Ring, and apparently, it’s not available on Windows 10 Mobile. The latest update comes with one useful...
  9. Microsoft Mail and Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Mail and Calendar App: I tried to use MS Mail using subject app - and it looked good....except it kept changing my password and wouldn't work. I noticed there was an earlier closed thread similar to this, but not current and the solution regarded 3rd party firewall, which is not my case. I am using...
  10. Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10: How to: Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 How to Change to a Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule...