Windows 10: Microsoft to improve Edge and Chrome’s incognito feature on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft to improve Edge and Chrome’s incognito feature on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft appears to be working on an interesting feature that could improve user privacy when running Chromium-based browsers, such as Microsoft Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 3, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft to improve Edge and Chrome’s incognito feature on Windows 10

Microsoft appears to be working on an interesting feature that could improve user privacy when running Chromium-based browsers, such as Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome in incognito mode.

When you use a Chromium-based browser in the incognito mode, the browsing history, cookies and several other data are not stored, but the keyboard input is still monitored to provide text predictions and other functionality. Microsoft plans to update the Chromium source to include a feature that would tell Windows 10 to not monitor the inputs for text suggestions when the browser is in incognito mode.

Microsoft’s new feature will prevent the operating system from remembering, learning any words you enter and making text suggestions.

Microsoft to improve Edge and Chrome’s incognito feature on Windows 10 Edge-Canary.jpg
    Text suggestions in Edge Canary’s InPrivate window

A commit revealed that Microsoft will be connecting Chromium and Windows 10 together to protect the words that you enter in incognito typing from Windows’ prediction services.

“We need to set input scope to IS_PRIVATE if we are in “Incognito” or “guest” mode on Windows 10,” the company detailed its plan in a commit that is still in development and cannot be tested in Canary builds.

“On Windows 10, we should use IS_PRIVATE input scope if user is in “incognito” or “guest” mode because we don’t want input service to provide text intelligence for private data,” Microsoft explains the problem in a bug post on Chromium Gerrit.

The feature is still in development and it’s not known when Microsoft plans to bring it to the browsers.

The post Microsoft to improve Edge and Chrome’s incognito feature on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 3, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, May 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Chrome in All Apps and on Taskbar not showing incognito task

RMB = Right Mouse Button aka (also known as) right-click

I know I can open an incognito window after I start Chrome. I do it by selecting the 3 bar menu and selecting 'new incognito window' rather than Ctrl-Shift-N. *But* I do not want an 'ordinary' Google Chrome session as well as an incognito session. I just
    want an incognito session.

What I want to do on my Win 10 Home 32 bit machines is the same as I can do on my Win 10 Pro 64 bit machines. That is, when hovering over Google Chrome in All Programs list, or hovering over the Google Chrome icon in the taskbar, click right mouse button
    and select 'new incognito window' from the displayed tasks. In Win 10 Home 32 bit the task to open a new incognito window is missing.

Ron

Ron Hewett, May 3, 2019
  4. DDev_37 Win User

GPO is not applying in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.

My Laptop is used by a child user. So I wanted to control the user account by using group policy editor.

• I wanted to disable Inprivate window in Microsoft Edge and Incognito mode in Google chrome.
    • I wanted to install an extension Blocksi in Chrome without the knowledge of the child.
    But GPO is not applying in both.

I did tried gpupdate in cmd as administrator.

I was able to disable Inprivate window using regedit.msc. But not in chrome.

Need an expert help.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

DDev_37, May 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft to improve Edge and Chrome’s incognito feature on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft improve Edge

2. New Windows 10 APIs to improve inking in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 APIs to improve inking in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome: According to code commits reviewed by us, Microsoft is working on a number of improvements to inking in Chromium-based browsers, such as Edge and Chrome. The software giant decided to do something about inking in Chromium after receiving feedback from users regarding how...
  3. Microsoft is improving Windows Spellcheck on Google Chrome, Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is improving Windows Spellcheck on Google Chrome, Edge: Last year, Microsoft said it was moving away from the default spell checking feature in open-source Chromium and Edge was updated with the new Windows Spellcheck API. This was also added to Google Chrome as an optional feature and it’s obviously limited to Windows 10....
  4. Multitasking improvements in Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Multitasking improvements in Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge: Web browsing doesn’t happen in isolation, and users frequently multitask between their web browser and other apps using the Taskbar and Alt + Tab. Traditionally, these surfaces have been almost exclusively focused on apps, forcing users to take additional steps to...
  5. Microsoft is improving Chrome’s scrollbar scrolling on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is improving Chrome’s scrollbar scrolling on Windows 10: The era of the traditional Microsoft Edge has ended for consumers as the Redmond firm has switched to Chromium and Google’s Blink rendering engine. Microsoft recently said that the new Chromium-based Edge would begin replacing the classic Edge on Windows 10 and the company is...
  6. Microsoft is improving Chrome audio & scrolling on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is improving Chrome audio & scrolling on Windows 10: Microsoft finally has a browser that works as intended and the software giant is actively contributing to the Chromium platform. Microsoft’s contribution has equally helped Edge and Chrome, and the company is working on several other improvements. Microsoft has been working...
  7. Microsoft is porting Chromium Edge’s feature to Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is porting Chromium Edge’s feature to Chrome: Ever since Satya Nadella became CEO of Microsoft, Google and Microsoft have agreed to collaborate on certain projects. For example, Google is closely working with Microsoft to optimize Android for dual-screen devices like Surface Duo. Similarly, Microsoft is actively...
  8. Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers: It’s clear that Microsoft is fully committed to improving Chromium-based Edge browser and multiple enhancements are already underway. Many of the improvements will come to all Chromium-powered browsers, including Chrome. After adding an improved version of Find box to...
  9. Microsoft - feature update improvements for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft - feature update improvements for Windows 10: I’m Joseph Conway, Senior Program Manager on the Windows Fundamentals team at Microsoft. The Windows Fundamentals team focuses on the underlying technologies that are used to install feature updates as well as a host of other things. We’ve heard your feedback about the...
  10. Microsoft to improve OneDrive sync features for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve OneDrive sync features for Windows 10: Microsoft has pledged to improve the OneDrive experience for people that are currently checking out the Windows 10 Technical Preview, particularly the sync features that so far don't have some of the same features that are available for other platforms. In a blog post,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is edge incognito or chrome incognito better