Windows 10: Microsoft to improve OneDrive sync features for Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft to improve OneDrive sync features for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has pledged to improve the OneDrive experience for people that are currently checking out the Windows 10 Technical Preview, particularly the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft to improve OneDrive sync features for Windows 10

Jones said that the team is working to improve OneDrive for all of its platforms, including all currently supported versions of Windows, Windows Phone, Mac, iOS and Android. He wrote:

As far as the Windows 10 Technical Preview, Jones is aware that there is currently not a separate sync engine for OneDrive that can handle placeholder files. He wrote:

He added that the OneDrive team has "a clear roadmap to bring the best experience we can to you between now and the end of the year" for Windows 10 users and encouraged them to send their feedback and suggestions via the Windows Feedback app.
    Read more:
    Microsoft pledges to improve OneDrive sync features for Windows 10 | Windows Central

:)

Brink, Jan 7, 2015

2. Onedrive not syncing new files in sync'd folder

Well, Microsoft is launching a new version of Windows 10, version 1709 on Tuesday, with an improved version of OneDrive with a feature called On Demand Files. You upgrade to see if it resolves the problem.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 7, 2015
  3. Win 10 OneDrive Stop an upload

Hi Graham,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

If you’re experiencing slow uploading speed while uploading documents, folders or pictures from the computer, turning on Improve upload speed option might help in improving upload speed.

Right-click on the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar and click
    Settings to open Microsoft OneDrive’s settings dialog box.

On the Performance tab and make sure Improve upload speed by uploading files in batches option is turned on.

Also refer the helpful article provided below and check if it helps.

Fix OneDrive sync problems with Windows
    10, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

Hope this helps. Get back to us if you need further assistance on OneDrive.

Anish A Kumar, Jan 7, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

I hope they fix it. I have to disable it's syncing because it's constantly trying to sync which is annoying.

swarfega, Jan 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft to improve OneDrive sync features for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft improve OneDrive

2. OneDrive Automatic sync feature request

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Automatic sync feature request: Had to reinstall OneDrive on a machine I don't use often. I only want one folder to be synced. However, OneDrive is busy synching the entire directory now because there is no apparent choice when installing OneDrive - it syncs the entire OneDrive directory by default. Not...
  3. OneDrive Automatic sync feature request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Automatic sync feature request: Had to reinstall OneDrive on a machine I don't use often. I only want one folder to be synced. However, OneDrive is busy synching the entire directory now because there is no apparent choice when installing OneDrive - it syncs the entire OneDrive directory by default. Not...
  4. OneDrive Automatic sync feature request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft plans to improve another core feature of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans to improve another core feature of Windows 10: Windows 8 was released with the promise that it would bridge the two worlds — modern and legacy/traditional computing. In addition to your existing Win32 apps, Windows 8 also shipped with the ability to run the modern apps that would offer better multitasking experience on...
  6. Microsoft to improve Edge and Chrome’s incognito feature on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve Edge and Chrome’s incognito feature on Windows 10: Microsoft appears to be working on an interesting feature that could improve user privacy when running Chromium-based browsers, such as Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome in incognito mode. When you use a Chromium-based browser in the incognito mode, the browsing history,...
  7. Microsoft Launcher gets the Timeline feature and it syncs with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Launcher gets the Timeline feature and it syncs with Windows 10: The wait is finally over. Microsoft today released a new update for Microsoft Launcher on Android that adds support for the highly-anticipated Timeline feature. You will now see the Windows 10 activities on your Android’s phone timeline screen and you can tap on any item to...
  8. Microsoft - feature update improvements for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft - feature update improvements for Windows 10: I’m Joseph Conway, Senior Program Manager on the Windows Fundamentals team at Microsoft. The Windows Fundamentals team focuses on the underlying technologies that are used to install feature updates as well as a host of other things. We’ve heard your feedback about the...
  9. Windows 10 Redstone To Feature Improved Backup To OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone To Feature Improved Backup To OneDrive: Microsoft’s OneDrive cloud storage service has quickly grown in popularity since its integration into the Windows platform. With Windows 10 having the cloud storage service being deeply integrated into the OS, it’s a bit surprising that there is not a way to back up your...
  10. New features and improvements coming to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New features and improvements coming to Windows 10: [img] During the Microsoft 2015 Build conference, Joe Belfiore took the stage to talk about how developers can easily build apps and take advantage of the new operating system. More importantly, he showed off a bunch of features and improvements, which are not available...