Windows 10: Microsoft to improve search experience in Windows 10’s File Explorer

Discus and support Microsoft to improve search experience in Windows 10’s File Explorer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Search functionality in File Explorer is not as good as Windows Search, but the upcoming update of Windows 10 could make the search experience better... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 8, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft to improve search experience in Windows 10’s File Explorer

Search functionality in File Explorer is not as good as Windows Search, but the upcoming update of Windows 10 could make the search experience better in File Explorer. In latest preview builds of Windows 10 20H1 update, Microsoft has updated search in File Explorer with a new change.

Microsoft says users have been asking for increased consistency across the platform and as well as ability to find files more easily. Windows 10 20H1 update introduces a new File Explorer search experience powered by Windows Search. After this change, you’ll be also able to find your OneDrive content with the traditional search results.

The update adds a new dropdown result that shows up when you search for files in Explorer. This new experience is powered by Windows Search and it aims to populate your files quickly. You can open any of these results directly by clicking the entry in the new suggestions box.

Microsoft to improve search experience in Windows 10’s File Explorer File-Explorer-search-results.jpg

You can right-click the entry to find the file location and there is still also a way to dig deeper into File Explorer search results. You have to press enter to access the traditional search results page with tons of entries.

The dropdown list also comes with search history features. This means when you click the entry in the suggested box and open the search box in File Explorer again, you’ll see the dropdown list with the previously accessed items.

It is also worth noting that Microsoft has made the File Explorer search box wider by default so the suggestions dropdown has room to render quick results. You can always customize the size of the search box by moving your mouse to the starting border of the search box.

All these changes for File Explorer will ship with Windows 10 20H1 update.

The post Microsoft to improve search experience in Windows 10’s File Explorer appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 8, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Microsoft to improve search experience in Windows 10’s File Explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, May 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 8, 2019
  4. Microsoft to improve search experience in Windows 10’s File Explorer

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft to improve search experience in Windows 10’s File Explorer

1. Microsoft to improve search experience in Windows 10’s File Explorer - Similar Threads - Microsoft improve search

2. Microsoft is experimenting with a search widget on Windows 11's taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is experimenting with a search widget on Windows 11's taskbar: Microsoft runs several experiments in the latest Windows 11 version 23H2 build that place widgets in different locations on the taskbar for some setups. [ATTACH] One of the latest experiments places a search field on the leftmost position of the Windows 11 taskbar, if...
  3. Microsoft starts improving web apps experience on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft starts improving web apps experience on Windows 10: Microsoft has now started installing WebView2 runtime on some Windows 10 PCs to improve the web apps experience when using certain services, such as Office apps, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams. The big idea here is to improve the quality of web apps. But web applications...
  4. How to supercharge Windows 10’s built-in search experience

in Windows 10 News
    How to supercharge Windows 10’s built-in search experience: Windows Search is a search engine that runs on your Windows 10 computer. In the background, Windows Search is scanning new and changed files in the data folders or libraries of your personal profile. Windows Search indexes every document and picture it can find in your...
  5. Improving the update discoverability experience for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Improving the update discoverability experience for Windows 10: Based on your feedback, it is now easier for you to discover available Windows 10 feature updates, monthly non-security quality updates, and driver updates. Beginning with the August 2020 security update for Windows 10, when optional updates are detected by your device, they...
  6. How to improve bluetooth experience on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to improve bluetooth experience on Windows 10?: Hi all, I'm heavily considering a Windows 10 laptop to replace my macbook pro, but I use bluetooth headphones almost every single day and at least from my desktop and my Windows bootcamp experiences, its an absolute disaster for windows. When I pair first time, it works fine,...
  7. Microsoft plans to improve File Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans to improve File Explorer on Windows 10: File Explorer is long due for a big update and it looks like Microsoft is finally working on improvements for Windows 10’s built-in file manager. According to multiple LinkedIn job posts, Microsoft could be working on new features for File Explorer on both Windows 10 and...
  8. Windows 10 November 2019 Update improves File Explorer search

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 November 2019 Update improves File Explorer search: Microsoft is getting Windows 10 November 2019 Update (version 1909) ‘ready for release’ in the coming weeks. As November 2019 Update is a servicing release, it will be offered as an “enablement package” with a KB package number just like the monthly cumulative updates....
  9. Windows 10’s next big update to improve bugs troubleshooting experience

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s next big update to improve bugs troubleshooting experience: Windows 10 19H1 update is slated to arrive in April 2019 and it will introduce tons of new features including a light theme, new snipping experience, clipboard improvements and an improved Troubleshooting experience. Microsoft is also working on some much-needed improvements...
  10. Improvements to HDR video experience in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Improvements to HDR video experience in Windows 10: Windows HD Color is all about bringing HDR and wide color gamut (WCG) content to your Windows devices. You might already be enjoying HDR video on your Xbox One S and Xbox One X. Now let’s talk about how we’re starting to bring HDR video to your PCs with our most recent...