Windows 10: Microsoft to kill support for x86 w10

Discus and support Microsoft to kill support for x86 w10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; According to this article on Bleeping Computer. That's real bad news for owners of older hardware. 156302 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 14, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft to kill support for x86 w10

According to this article on Bleeping Computer.

That's real bad news for owners of older hardware.

:)

Brink, May 14, 2020

2. microsoft visual c++ 2005 x86 won't install

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to check if Microsoft visual c++ 2005 x86 is installed in your computer.

To check follow the steps:

• Type Default programs & select programs & features.
    • Check if Microsoft visual c++ 2005 x86
      is installed.
    If yes suggest you to uninstall & reinstall Microsoft visual c++ 2005 x86
    & check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists I would suggest you to contact the game manufacturer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 14, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 14, 2020
  4. Microsoft to kill support for x86 w10

B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft to kill support for x86 w10

1. Microsoft to kill support for x86 w10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft kill support

2. W10 update killed my Brother printer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 update killed my Brother printer: June 13, 2020 W10 version 10.0.18362 A recent W10 update (the actual update number isn't available) knocked out my trusty Brother HL 4070cdw printer. All W10 debug attempts, Brother printer settings, wifi and router settings to determine the trouble reported OK e.g....
  3. Microsoft to kill support for 32-bit (x86) Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to kill support for 32-bit (x86) Windows 10: Microsoft has stated that future versions of Windows 10, starting with the May 2020 Update, will no longer be available as 32-bit builds on new OEM computers. An update to the Windows 10 Minimum hardware requirements document, Microsoft states that starting with Windows 10...
  4. Does the Microsoft Store support x86 64-bit desktop apps?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Does the Microsoft Store support x86 64-bit desktop apps?: IIRC back when it was launched, and even after Project Rome, the Microsoft Store supported 32-bit apps only. I've avoided using apps from it - unless they're unavailable elsewhere - for that reason, since I prefer to run as much stuff 64-bit as I can. Has this changed? Are...
  5. W10 update kills the taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 update kills the taskbar: First, I'm new to this and thought I posted this already, but there doesn't seem to be any way to find one's own post. After updating the latest W10 my PC eventually kills the bottom taskbar. Placing the cursor there gets a perpetual blue circle. Open applications like mail...
  6. Is microsoft killing cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is microsoft killing cortana: Is Microsoft killing Cortana because I saw a news article that it is so is it true https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-killing-cortana/38cb7a9c-359f-433b-a3d5-cf3fe1e5b5db
  7. AMD B350 chipset x86 support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD B350 chipset x86 support: Hello. I know AMD (in a very wise move - pun intended) has retired support for x86 systems, but I have assembled a computer that needs to be x86 because it needs NTVDM to run a 16bit application for controlling a hydroponics device. Yes. I have asked for updates to it but...
  8. SOLUTO no longer supports W10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SOLUTO no longer supports W10: Hello as SOLUTO isn't supported on W10 does anybody have a suggested alternative? I run AVG security and M Bytes but I felt comfortable using Soluto along side these and found it useful on W7. Thanks 36630
  9. Properly "killing" an older W10 installation

Properly "killing" an older W10 installation: I just put in a new SSD and have been in the process of transferring and reinstalling files and apps from my older Win 10 main hard drive to the new SSD. Through the UEFI Bios, I can still boot into either old or new disk but I notice that there may be increasing glitches at...
  10. Changing my MOBO etc. will that KILL my W10?

Changing my MOBO etc. will that KILL my W10?: I am presently running a FREE W10 which is fully up to date, upgraded from W7; I presently have a AMD CPU Powered MOBO etc. but plan to shortly install a NEW Intel CPU and MOBO and am concerned from some of the things that I have read - that this might trigger MS not allowing...