Windows 10: Microsoft to Launch 34 Windows Updates Tomorrow

Discus and support Microsoft to Launch 34 Windows Updates Tomorrow in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft rolled out this month’s Patch Tuesday updates last week, but the company is now gearing up for another important rollout that’s scheduled to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Apr 19, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft to Launch 34 Windows Updates Tomorrow

Source

labeeman, Apr 19, 2015
  2. Dave44 Win User

patch Tuesday was last week

:)

Dave44, Apr 20, 2015
  3. MSI Minor Upgrade Fails - SECUREREPAIR thinks hashes differ

I have posted this on StackOverflow a week ago or so with no real resolution to my problem...so I post it here as well:

I'm having some trouble with a Microsoft Windows Installer Setup (created using WIX 3.10.2).

I Installed the base version of the application. So far so good. Then, I wanted to a apply a "Minor Upgrade" and that should work without elevation as the package is digitally signed etc.

However, I get a UAC prompt at the installation step "Registering product" when trying to install this minor upgrade. It seems as some "SECREPAIR" component of MSI is comparing some hash values and determines that something is not right, whereby I get a
    LUA request row to supply admin rights. I can't find any relevant information for this specific "SECREAPIR" error or error code.

Below is a relevant excerpt from the MSI Log created using /L*V command-line arguments when launching the minor upgrade setup msi file.

Also, I can confirm that this error occurs both on Windows 10 (Fall Creator's update) and (Windows 7 SP1 x64).

As a final note: I am aware of the similar issue created by Microsoft when they released a faulty security patch (Microsoft patch KB 2918614 triggers 'key not valid for use,' more errors),
    but the error message is not the same, even though it also involved "SECREPAIR" component of MSI.

Any Ideas? Thanks!

ThreadRipper, Apr 20, 2015
  4. korngear Win User

Nokia Music Store launch

So, it's gonna launch tomorrow. Any more news to share with?

korngear, Apr 20, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
    Yep but the article said it was for improvements in windows services.

labeeman, Apr 20, 2015
  6. I gather this would include a new build or is it just patches for the current build (10049)?

fracking4oil, Apr 20, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Doesn't even mention Windows 10:

Ztruker, Apr 20, 2015
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

Regardless of the need for these updates, Thank you sir for the information. . .*Smile

9. Dave44 Win User
    KB3022345 keep failing for me when trying to install on windows 8.1 *Sad

Dave44, Apr 20, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Windows 8 had 20x updates
    Windows 7 had 3x updates
    All went well for me, although the reconfiguration time on 8.1 took a few minute where with patch Tuesday it only needs 10-15 seconds. I got bored and brushed my teeth,

Cliff S, Apr 20, 2015
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Apr 20, 2015
  12. Dave44 Win User
    Dave44, Apr 20, 2015
  13. f14tomcat Win User

Raw data from web page.....

Update to enable the Diagnostics Tracking Service in Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2

• Email
    • Print

Summary

This update enables the Diagnostics Tracking Service in Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. This tracking service collects data about functional issues in Windows components.

Resolution

Hotfix information

A supported hotfix is available from the Microsoft Download Center.

The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:

Download the Update for Windows Server 2012 R2 (KB3022345) package now.

Download the Update for Windows 8.1 (KB3022345) package now.

Download the Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3022345) package now.

For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
    Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
    Prerequisites

To apply this update, you must first have update 2919355 installed in addition to security update 3045999installed in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
    Restart requirement

You may have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.Hotfix replacement information

This hotfix does not replace any previously released hotfix.
    References

Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
    Note This is a "FAST PUBLISH" article created directly from within the Microsoft support organization. The information contained herein is provided as-is in response to emerging issues. As a result of the speed in making it available, the materials may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. See Terms of Use for other considerations.
    Properties

Article ID: 3022345 - Last Review: 04/21/2015 16:54:00 - Revision: 2.0

• Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
    • Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    • Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation
    • Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
    • Windows 8.1
    • Windows 8.1 Enterprise
    • Windows 8.1 Pro

• kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbbug atdownload KB3022345

Feedback

Was this information helpful? Yes No Somewhat
    Tell us what we can do to improve the article
    Submit

Support

Security

Contact Us

f14tomcat, Apr 20, 2015
  14. Dave44 Win User
    still wont install oh well

Dave44, Apr 20, 2015
  15. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto. . .Except for bushing my teeth. . .did that earlier. . .*Smile

Thema:

1. Microsoft to Launch 34 Windows Updates Tomorrow - Similar Threads - Microsoft Launch Updates

2. Windows 10 Addition Wont Launch it gets stuck at 34% and then freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Addition Wont Launch it gets stuck at 34% and then freezes: i would add a screenshot but it fails to upload to the thing My PC runs Windows 10 64 bit32GB of ramGTX 1050 Ti2Tb of storageAND i already made sure every thing was up to date...
  3. Windows 10 Addition Wont Launch it gets stuck at 34% and then freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Addition Wont Launch it gets stuck at 34% and then freezes: i would add a screenshot but it fails to upload to the thing My PC runs Windows 10 64 bit32GB of ramGTX 1050 Ti2Tb of storageAND i already made sure every thing was up to date...
  4. How Microsoft is predicting tomorrow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Microsoft is predicting tomorrow?: In file explorer there is a tab for tomorrow files.So now I have tomorrow files in my device.No need any response for this but should fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-microsoft-is-predicting-tomorrow/8b9dc9b1-d4ac-4506-a971-b4ec8b8b1d8b
  5. How Microsoft is predicting tomorrow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Microsoft is predicting tomorrow?: In file explorer there is a tab for tomorrow files.So now I have tomorrow files in my device.No need any response for this but should fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-microsoft-is-predicting-tomorrow/8b9dc9b1-d4ac-4506-a971-b4ec8b8b1d8b
  6. error 34

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error 34: Hi, Acer travel mate lap top upgraded to window 10 a few years ago. Windows 10 is a real pain. constantly losing wifi at the drop of a hat when ever I ask it to do a task. Have installed blue tooth usb device which worked well for a couple opf months then it start to...
  7. Reset stuck on 34%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset stuck on 34%: I wanted to reset my pc today and I have chosen clean drive, all drives. Resetting this pc went quite quick but now it is a 34% for about an hour. I am using an asus rog laptop, should I wait is this ok? submitted by /u/shark0626 [link] [comments]...
  8. Watch Microsoft Unboxed: Microsoft Event - Ep. 34

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Microsoft Unboxed: Microsoft Event - Ep. 34: This week on Microsoft Unboxed, were sharing an inside look at the new lineup of Surface devices. In Sonia's absence, Colleen kicks us off by rolling the video from our event that took place in New York on October 2nd. Microsoft Chief Product Officer Panos Panay announced...
  9. Microsoft teases Surface hardware announcement for tomorrow

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft teases Surface hardware announcement for tomorrow: First rumored back in May, leaks around Microsoft's upcoming cheaper Surface tablet have been starting to pick up. It passed through the FCC, showed up on OpenCL, and will reportedly use Pentium Silver and Pentium Gold chips. But now, even the @Surface Twitter account is...
  10. Microsoft PowerApps and Flow are generally available starting tomorrow

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft PowerApps and Flow are generally available starting tomorrow: After a rewarding journey hand-in-hand with the many customers and partners who participated in our preview programs (thank you!), we’re excited to announce the general availability of Microsoft PowerApps and Microsoft Flow. Beginning Tuesday, both services will be available...