Windows 10: Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor

Discus and support Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 9 is Microsoft’s next big project in the OS industry, with some people close to the development plans indicating that it’s very likely to debut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Apr 21, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor

The rest here.

:)

labeeman, Apr 21, 2014

2. When will VPN connection will by available on windows phone 8

It is rumored that it will be available with the first big Windows Phone 8 update as it wasn't ready at launch time. Again: this is based on rumors. Just wait for official communication from Microsoft.

Mark Briggeman, Apr 21, 2014
  3. no windows phone 8 for verizon?

"News began to
    break today
    about an alleged impasse with negotiations between
    Verizon
    and
    Microsoft
    regarding the impending launch of
    Windows Phone 8
    . The rumors are that Verizon may ultimately delay,
    or even cancel
    , the launch of the Windows Phone 8 devices on their network."

Tony Linguini, Apr 21, 2014
  4. LittleJay Win User

The bottom line is Microsoft is in business to make a profit and I personally would rather pay for Windows 9, than have to deal with a free OS that comes with a catch.

LittleJay, Apr 21, 2014
  5. A Guy Win User
    Free OS, but all the tools you pay for? I still like to purchase something, put it on my machine, own it, and decide what it does.

A Guy, Apr 22, 2014
  6. badrobot Win User
    I can imagine how it's like to use all the features of Windows 9... "To use this feature, go to WinStore to buy and download it." Then you realize it's useless and you can't return it. It will rip you off a dollar at a time.

badrobot, Apr 22, 2014
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Microsoft is getting ready to put out another new OS, hence it has to be free. . .this seem to be the common news whenever MS puts out a new OS. . .just saying.

8. labeeman Win User

labeeman, Apr 22, 2014
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    O'boy another Windows 9 is going to be free even though it is cloud based. . .please. . .*Roflmao2

10. Britton30 Win User
    Past experience seems to have no effect on MS. To paraphrase Einstein, "If we do the same thing over and over, something different will happen."

Britton30, Apr 24, 2014
  11. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Apr 24, 2014
  12. Boozad Win User
    I don't know if it's just me but I'm a bit concerned with the way Microsoft is heading with their OS, I can sort of understand how they went with 8 and trying to capture the mobile audience (although it was terribly executed with how it affected desktop users) but an OS that is 100% cloud based? That sounds bloody awful to me.

If that is the way we're forced to go then maybe I will have to look at alternative operating systems once support for 7 is dropped.

Boozad, Apr 25, 2014
  13. fireberd Win User

I don't want or need a cloud based OS for my recording studio system, since it is kept off line (NIC disabled) when in use.

fireberd, Apr 25, 2014
  14. A Guy Win User
    I believe they will fork their OS, with different versions (Mobile, desktop, subscription/Cloud based?). Obviously with some unification. They could never just go cloud based. Many people have limited bandwidth, and a lot of enterprise might use some cloud services, but everything in the cloud when much work does not require the internet? I don't think so.

A Guy, Apr 25, 2014
  15. Britton30 Win User
    It's not just you. Win 8x is still not being very well accepted although MS tried to make it usable. MS need to get back to what it used to do very well, build a good, stable, and reliable user-friendly OS and stop trying to be Apple or Google.

Britton30, Apr 25, 2014
Thema:

1. Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor - Similar Threads - Microsoft Launch Free

2. Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November: For those who don’t know, Microsoft is currently working on it’s first non-patch update for Windows 10, currently codenamed Threshold 2 and was originally supposed to launch sometime in October. But as of recently, it appears that release window may have slipped ever so...
  3. Windows 9 said to be free (again), this time by Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 said to be free (again), this time by Microsoft: We have been hearing for some time that Windows 9 could be free, and thanks to a Microsoft official in Indonesia, the rumors are looking like they will be true. The information is said to come from Andreas Diantoro, who, according to his LinkedIn profile, is the president of...
  4. Windows 9 Preview Could Leak After September 15 – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Preview Could Leak After September 15 – Rumor: Information that reached the web this week has revealed that Microsoft is planning a press event in late September to introduce the new Windows 9 Preview and thus break the news on a project that’s eagerly-awaited by all company enthusiasts. Even though Redmond is very...
  5. Windows 9 rumors freeze corporate Windows 8 uptake

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 rumors freeze corporate Windows 8 uptake: With Windows 9 rumored to be coming out early next year, there's little reason for businesses just transitioning off Windows XP to ever deploy Windows 8, experts say. With a user learning curve, hardware update, and apps compatibility all posing potential hurdles to...
  6. Microsoft Launches First Windows 9 Support Forum

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Launches First Windows 9 Support Forum: The world is getting ready for the launch of Windows 9 preview, so Microsoft is now giving the last touches to the testing builds that shall be released to users in just a few days. As we’ve already told you in our previous coverage on the launch of Windows 9, the preview...
  7. Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows”

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows”: Windows 9 is already on the radar, and Microsoft could introduce the very first beta of this operating system later this month, but it appears that the company is actually preparing something that’s as surprising as it is unexpected. Starting with Windows 9, the company...
  8. Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview: Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Developer Preview Release With Social Engineering We’re seeing schemes that are taking advantage of the buzz around the upcoming developer preview release of Windows™ 9 this September. One of the threats we saw was found using...
  9. Windows 9 to Revamp the Start Screen, Interactive Live Tiles Rumored

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 to Revamp the Start Screen, Interactive Live Tiles Rumored: We already know that Windows 9 is very likely to revamp the desktop with a Start menu and minor tweaks that keep Metro elements in the touch-optimized interface exclusively, but it appears that some other enhancements are also on the table. The Start screen for example,...
  10. Windows 9 Preview to Launch This Year, New Activation System in the Works – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Preview to Launch This Year, New Activation System in the Works – Rumor: Windows 9 is work in progress at Microsoft and new rumors coming via Russian leaker WZor reveal some pretty interesting tidbits about this fresh version of the operating system. In a post published on Russian-language forum Ru-Board, WZor says that Microsoft is very likely...