Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor

Discus and support Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 9 is Microsoft’s next big project in the OS industry, with some people close to the development plans indicating that it’s very likely to debut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Apr 21, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

The rest here.

:)

labeeman, Apr 21, 2014
  2. Mark Briggeman Win User

When will VPN connection will by available on windows phone 8

It is rumored that it will be available with the first big Windows Phone 8 update as it wasn't ready at launch time. Again: this is based on rumors. Just wait for official communication from Microsoft.

Mark Briggeman, Apr 21, 2014
  3. Tony Linguini Win User
    no windows phone 8 for verizon?

"News began to
    break today
    about an alleged impasse with negotiations between
    Verizon
    and
    Microsoft
    regarding the impending launch of
    Windows Phone 8
    . The rumors are that Verizon may ultimately delay,
    or even cancel
    , the launch of the Windows Phone 8 devices on their network."

Tony Linguini, Apr 21, 2014
  4. LittleJay Win User

The bottom line is Microsoft is in business to make a profit and I personally would rather pay for Windows 9, than have to deal with a free OS that comes with a catch.

LittleJay, Apr 21, 2014
  5. A Guy Win User
    Free OS, but all the tools you pay for? I still like to purchase something, put it on my machine, own it, and decide what it does.

A Guy, Apr 22, 2014
  6. badrobot Win User
    I can imagine how it's like to use all the features of Windows 9... "To use this feature, go to WinStore to buy and download it." Then you realize it's useless and you can't return it. It will rip you off a dollar at a time.

badrobot, Apr 22, 2014
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Microsoft is getting ready to put out another new OS, hence it has to be free. . .this seem to be the common news whenever MS puts out a new OS. . .just saying.

8. labeeman Win User

labeeman, Apr 22, 2014
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    O'boy another Windows 9 is going to be free even though it is cloud based. . .please. . .*Roflmao2

10. Britton30 Win User
    Past experience seems to have no effect on MS. To paraphrase Einstein, "If we do the same thing over and over, something different will happen."

Britton30, Apr 24, 2014
  11. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Apr 24, 2014
  12. Boozad Win User
    I don't know if it's just me but I'm a bit concerned with the way Microsoft is heading with their OS, I can sort of understand how they went with 8 and trying to capture the mobile audience (although it was terribly executed with how it affected desktop users) but an OS that is 100% cloud based? That sounds bloody awful to me.

If that is the way we're forced to go then maybe I will have to look at alternative operating systems once support for 7 is dropped.

Boozad, Apr 25, 2014
  13. fireberd Win User

I don't want or need a cloud based OS for my recording studio system, since it is kept off line (NIC disabled) when in use.

fireberd, Apr 25, 2014
  14. A Guy Win User
    I believe they will fork their OS, with different versions (Mobile, desktop, subscription/Cloud based?). Obviously with some unification. They could never just go cloud based. Many people have limited bandwidth, and a lot of enterprise might use some cloud services, but everything in the cloud when much work does not require the internet? I don't think so.

A Guy, Apr 25, 2014
  15. Britton30 Win User
    It's not just you. Win 8x is still not being very well accepted although MS tried to make it usable. MS need to get back to what it used to do very well, build a good, stable, and reliable user-friendly OS and stop trying to be Apple or Google.

Britton30, Apr 25, 2014
Thema:

1. Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor - Similar Threads - Microsoft Launch Free

2. Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on: I cannot turn on my windows defender real time protection, it is grey and cannot be turned on, before it said an organization was blocking your from turning on real time protection but i restarted my computer and when it turns on it says repairing and scanning drive then a...
  3. Windows 10 File deletion needs System Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 File deletion needs System Administrator Permission: I am the sole user of my computer. I cannot delete a file (or file folder) as to do so needs System Administrator Permission. I am the Administrator. How to I fix this?...
  4. Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.: Hello everyone, hope you're doing okay! A couple months ago I started noticing a problem with my PC. I noticed that most of the times, when I shut it down (I always close all the programs running) and then turn it on again (instantly or hours after), all of my programs were...
  5. OEM windows 10 Pro fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM windows 10 Pro fail: Hello, I bought a refurbished computer with OEM window 10 Pro before. Now the Windows system fails to start. I want to reinstall the Windows. But I have not Windows install or recovery CD and I did not create a recovery disk. The computer has out off warranty. I only have...
  6. Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar: This issue was raised 2 years ago, and yet nothing has been done about it. How can you have a utility meant to copy literally every single file on a hard drive, and not provide a way to track that progress, and make sure it's not stalled?...
  7. The Windows 10 that was forced on me is so bloated it has no performance and updates will...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows 10 that was forced on me is so bloated it has no performance and updates will...: I am using Asus T200A which is a lightweight PC/Tablet Windows is 10.0.16299 Build 16299 There are too many problems to list The system has got so slow and bloated with Windows software with less tha a Gig left on my C: drive, that when I want to open a new application, I...
  8. how do i find my cursor on acer windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i find my cursor on acer windows 10: how do I find my cursor on my acer laptop. windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-do-i-find-my-cursor-on-acer-windows-10/712f1d6f-06fd-45da-ade4-646a20b6b9a6
  9. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 18219 - August 16

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 18219 - August 16: Hello Windows Insiders! Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18219 (19H1) to Windows Insiders who have opted in to Skip Ahead. What’s new in Build 18219 Narrator Improvements We have made the following changes and improvements: Reliability: We have...
  10. windows 10 error 0x80070035 after: either /or KB4340917 (OS-build 17134.191) / KB4343909...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 error 0x80070035 after: either /or KB4340917 (OS-build 17134.191) / KB4343909...: L.S. I need help with the following problem: My NAS drive is un-accessible from my laptop, while from another pc running win 7 it is still perfectly accessible. To add insult to injury I can still access the drive and the main application through the web-interface. I...