Windows 10: Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor

Discus and support Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you write software learn to avoid looping constructs. For example Code: int max = 10000; for(i=0;i<max;i++) if(! SomeWinAPI(i))... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor

If you write software learn to avoid looping constructs. For example
    Code: int max = 10000; for(i=0;i<max;i++) if(! SomeWinAPI(i)) crap_out();[/quote] because every OS API will be in the cloud. It will be called using Remote Procedure Call. The meter will tick with each call. If you want the function to return a result, well it will run you a little more.

Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor b0207.gif

MilesAhead, Apr 25, 2014
  2. Boozad Win User

I've always said that this is how they should have approached Windows 8, mobile and desktop. I can't see how hard it would have been for them to do that to be honest.

Still, if Windows 9 does offer a dedicated desktop option then I may well upgrade, but if it's a rehash of 8 then that's a different story.

Boozad, Apr 25, 2014
  3. LittleJay Win User
    I personally like Windows 8.1 with update 1 and would like to see something similar in Windows 9, but also offer the choice of installing a traditional desktop without the start screen, for those of you who want it that way.

LittleJay, Apr 26, 2014
  4. labeeman Win User

Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor

labeeman, Apr 26, 2014
  5. Boozad Win User
    What a truly horrible idea. It seems as if M$ is trying to destroy the platform that's buttered its bread since the company began.

Boozad, Apr 26, 2014
  6. Britton30 Win User
    because every OS API will be in the cloud. It will be called using Remote Procedure Call. The meter will tick with each call. If you want the function to return a result, well it will run you a little more.

*Confused

Britton30, Apr 26, 2014
  7. Microsoft's equivalent of a Chromebook? Or maybe Windows 9 Starter Edition?

alphanumeric, Apr 27, 2014
  8. badrobot Win User

I think, now is the time to choose a replacement Linux distro and start donating. I want a host OS physically installed on my PC. Cloud based OS is a double rip-off. Bandwidth + Feature Unlocks. I'm sure MS will only giveaway a platform where you have to individually buy and install each feature to make make a full working PC. Our computers will become e-flyers with all those popping ads if we don't give MS money to get rid of them (the ads).

badrobot, Apr 28, 2014
  9. Britton30 Win User
    And all on a subscription basis, pay out the ying-yang every year.

Britton30, Apr 28, 2014
  10. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Why is there people out there who thank that Microsoft is going to a web based system. Have they themselves put out this information, or is it just another one of those dumbaxx rumors that people get hooked on because some so called great website, or a high place windows expert who is saying so. . .

11. Chuck38 Win User
    If you think about, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft lowers the prices on their new OS. Simply because OS X Mavericks is free, Linux is free, and then there's the $200 Windows 9! Yes, I would still buy Windows, but what about those on a tighter budget? And, from what I hear, a lot of applications on Linux are free! Anyway, I don't think Microsoft is quite ready to give out a free OS, it took Mac awhile and I think it's going to take Microsoft awhile. Give it time, I'm sure it will come.

Chuck38, Apr 28, 2014
  12. If they are going to stick to this rapid release cycle, they will have to lower the price if they want it to sell. OEM's will push it on their new PC's but the average Joe isn't going to go out and speed ~$200 every year and a bit just to stay current. That or give you a big discount it your already running the previously released version.

alphanumeric, Apr 28, 2014
  13. LittleJay Win User

You can count me as one of them, who wouldn't spend that kind of money. Distros like Linux Mint will do the job quite nicely and if I need to use a Windows based program for some reason, I would run either 7 or 8 in a VM.

LittleJay, Apr 28, 2014
  14. badrobot Win User
    The OP's title included the word "Rumor". And since Win 9 is still in the air, this forum is mostly about rumors.

badrobot, Apr 29, 2014
  15. Richman1 Win User
    Windows 9 Freeware ROFLMAO .............Oh your killing me I can't take it any longer. MS is always about the money and charging 3.5 times more than its worth. Point in case, Apple OS $39.95
    LMAO, stop it already ...... LOL Own it? Do what you want with it? Please, MS leases the OS to YOU the USER and THEY (Microsoft) owns it and tells you what you can do with it. If you know what I mean.
    Sounds a lot like what they already have done with Office 365 and other products. Why not an OS. Sure sounds stupid to us users but it will make MS millions of dollars. So, sure, why not shove that down the consumer's pie whole.
    Yeh, you won't have to look far, Its called Linux, and I can't imagine they will ever go CLOUD.
    LOL, Very funny, I like your sarcasm and play on the fact that the only time MS has come close to "a good stable and reliable 'client' ..... OS" is with XP and 7 after decade of trial and error. Did I miss one? Oh I guess its generally accepted that 98 became fairly stable and reliable after SE. Is 8 considered stable? I think its been having growing pains from all the chatter in forums.

Richman1, Apr 29, 2014
Thema:

1. Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor - Similar Threads - Microsoft Launch Free

2. Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November: For those who don’t know, Microsoft is currently working on it’s first non-patch update for Windows 10, currently codenamed Threshold 2 and was originally supposed to launch sometime in October. But as of recently, it appears that release window may have slipped ever so...
  3. Windows 9 said to be free (again), this time by Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 said to be free (again), this time by Microsoft: We have been hearing for some time that Windows 9 could be free, and thanks to a Microsoft official in Indonesia, the rumors are looking like they will be true. The information is said to come from Andreas Diantoro, who, according to his LinkedIn profile, is the president of...
  4. Windows 9 Preview Could Leak After September 15 – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Preview Could Leak After September 15 – Rumor: Information that reached the web this week has revealed that Microsoft is planning a press event in late September to introduce the new Windows 9 Preview and thus break the news on a project that’s eagerly-awaited by all company enthusiasts. Even though Redmond is very...
  5. Windows 9 rumors freeze corporate Windows 8 uptake

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 rumors freeze corporate Windows 8 uptake: With Windows 9 rumored to be coming out early next year, there's little reason for businesses just transitioning off Windows XP to ever deploy Windows 8, experts say. With a user learning curve, hardware update, and apps compatibility all posing potential hurdles to...
  6. Microsoft Launches First Windows 9 Support Forum

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Launches First Windows 9 Support Forum: The world is getting ready for the launch of Windows 9 preview, so Microsoft is now giving the last touches to the testing builds that shall be released to users in just a few days. As we’ve already told you in our previous coverage on the launch of Windows 9, the preview...
  7. Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows”

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows”: Windows 9 is already on the radar, and Microsoft could introduce the very first beta of this operating system later this month, but it appears that the company is actually preparing something that’s as surprising as it is unexpected. Starting with Windows 9, the company...
  8. Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview: Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Developer Preview Release With Social Engineering We’re seeing schemes that are taking advantage of the buzz around the upcoming developer preview release of Windows™ 9 this September. One of the threats we saw was found using...
  9. Windows 9 to Revamp the Start Screen, Interactive Live Tiles Rumored

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 to Revamp the Start Screen, Interactive Live Tiles Rumored: We already know that Windows 9 is very likely to revamp the desktop with a Start menu and minor tweaks that keep Metro elements in the touch-optimized interface exclusively, but it appears that some other enhancements are also on the table. The Start screen for example,...
  10. Windows 9 Preview to Launch This Year, New Activation System in the Works – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Preview to Launch This Year, New Activation System in the Works – Rumor: Windows 9 is work in progress at Microsoft and new rumors coming via Russian leaker WZor reveal some pretty interesting tidbits about this fresh version of the operating system. In a post published on Russian-language forum Ru-Board, WZor says that Microsoft is very likely...