Windows 10: Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor

Discus and support Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; LOL, Very funny, I like your sarcasm and play on the fact that the only time MS has come close to "a good stable and reliable ..... OS" is with XP and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Britton30 Win User

Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor

No sarcasm intended. Sorry you missed the point entirely.

Britton30, Apr 30, 2014
  2. Richman1 Win User

Lee, are you seriously asking this question in light of the fact that MS has been heavily testing Cloud for some ten years now and developing and deploying cloud based services. Their free website where you could sync MS Office docs and keep them all on their server, first starting as MSN then Then changing the name to something else and then Live where everything is an app online and your data in on THEIR server and not your PC not to mention Office 365. Adobe which is now under the big Google umbrella is now all cloud based with CS6 and going forward all of their products are going to be subscription based all in the cloud where THEY, the company that developed it and sold it to you can control IT, what you bought and paid good money for. They are all doing it and more and more companies will start doing it as it means billions in revenue and billions out of our pockets. I can see a time when we are all subscription and cloud service fee'd to death just as the Hotel/Motel industry started charging for every extra anything you needed, an extra towel, bar of soap, local phone call and thee banking industry that finds new ways to fee account holders for an extra 500 billion in revenue per year along with every other industry that started doing this sort f thing inn the name of revenue and profit. They make millions doing it as we the consumer gets poorer and poorer until the USA becomes a third world country with rampant poverty
    No maybe you didn't get the point. It was meant as a joke as I new you were serious and was sarcastically implying sarcasm. I was in essence saying ..... 'You gotta be kidding me.'

Richman1, Apr 30, 2014
  3. Chuck38 Win User
    Okay, now I'm confused, is cloud based good or bad?

Chuck38, Apr 30, 2014
  4. Richman1 Win User

Its like everything in the known universe ....... can be a good thing if used in the right, proper, ethical way ....... until greedy Enterprises with their bean counters get involved and turn it into a revenue sucking vacuum machine intending to make all consumers sell their houses and downgrade to a cardboard box under an highway overpass.

If you think about it, there are not too many real reason to have your data in the cloud. The main thing it does is allows big corporate enterprises to control your data and thus you. It was intended to lighten the burden of mobile devices hardware and storage requirements but as technology increases, there is no reason you can't cary your own sudo cloud around on your keyring. These days we have flash drives that look exactly like keys that you can put on your keyring and are 32GB for a mere $20 and if you want to pay a little more there are 64GB versions. I can cary around all of my personal data, music I want to listen to, aside from every music file and video I own, along with several OS I can boot into that make anyone's PC look and act like my own personal pc .......... all on my keyring. This is all mobile and convenient since this data is always with me and I can send it to whatever device I want.

Richman1, Apr 30, 2014
  5. I just want to know if the rumor is true that MS Board Meetings are adjourned by saying "May His Merciful Shadow Fall Upon You."

MilesAhead, May 1, 2014
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .not ignoring you just not going to get into topic until the lion gets and roars guess what. . .:happy:

7. Richman1 Win User
    HUH!!!:wideyed:*Banghead

Rumor is they start with the secret hand shake.*Wink

Richman1, May 1, 2014
  8. Tepid Win User

Huh, if the OS is soooo cheap, why do they charge 3.5 times the amount for the hardware you could actually build yourself and install OSx on, but for the EULA which makes it illegal to do so. Please, tell your FUD to someone you can actually convince of such cockamamie BS you so willingly regurgitate.

Well,, quite honestly, Guy is correct, one has more control over the software run locally on their PC.

Again, I have to point out that you really do not seem to have a clue what you are talking about.
    Office 365 is actually cheaper to run when you have multiple systems (like 2 Desktops a Laptop and 2 Tablets)
    Do the math and the research, then speak on the topic.

Maybe not, but most people are not going to spend half their time trying 150+ different distro's and trying to wade through
    free garbage software that may not be supported very long. Good luck with that.

Not saying Linux is bad,, just not a mainstream OS, and never will be.
    The community as a whole sees to that very nicely, they only weaken themselves by not being anywhere close to united.

Win8 is by far the most Stable of them all. Have it running on 2 desktops a laptop and 2 Surface Pro tablets.
    Not a single crash or BSOD.

Again, seems someone may not have all the knowledge they think they do and want to make FUD about it all.

Tepid, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor - Similar Threads - Microsoft Launch Free

2. Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November: For those who don’t know, Microsoft is currently working on it’s first non-patch update for Windows 10, currently codenamed Threshold 2 and was originally supposed to launch sometime in October. But as of recently, it appears that release window may have slipped ever so...
  3. Windows 9 said to be free (again), this time by Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 said to be free (again), this time by Microsoft: We have been hearing for some time that Windows 9 could be free, and thanks to a Microsoft official in Indonesia, the rumors are looking like they will be true. The information is said to come from Andreas Diantoro, who, according to his LinkedIn profile, is the president of...
  4. Windows 9 Preview Could Leak After September 15 – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Preview Could Leak After September 15 – Rumor: Information that reached the web this week has revealed that Microsoft is planning a press event in late September to introduce the new Windows 9 Preview and thus break the news on a project that’s eagerly-awaited by all company enthusiasts. Even though Redmond is very...
  5. Windows 9 rumors freeze corporate Windows 8 uptake

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 rumors freeze corporate Windows 8 uptake: With Windows 9 rumored to be coming out early next year, there's little reason for businesses just transitioning off Windows XP to ever deploy Windows 8, experts say. With a user learning curve, hardware update, and apps compatibility all posing potential hurdles to...
  6. Microsoft Launches First Windows 9 Support Forum

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Launches First Windows 9 Support Forum: The world is getting ready for the launch of Windows 9 preview, so Microsoft is now giving the last touches to the testing builds that shall be released to users in just a few days. As we’ve already told you in our previous coverage on the launch of Windows 9, the preview...
  7. Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows”

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows”: Windows 9 is already on the radar, and Microsoft could introduce the very first beta of this operating system later this month, but it appears that the company is actually preparing something that’s as surprising as it is unexpected. Starting with Windows 9, the company...
  8. Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview: Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Developer Preview Release With Social Engineering We’re seeing schemes that are taking advantage of the buzz around the upcoming developer preview release of Windows™ 9 this September. One of the threats we saw was found using...
  9. Windows 9 to Revamp the Start Screen, Interactive Live Tiles Rumored

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 to Revamp the Start Screen, Interactive Live Tiles Rumored: We already know that Windows 9 is very likely to revamp the desktop with a Start menu and minor tweaks that keep Metro elements in the touch-optimized interface exclusively, but it appears that some other enhancements are also on the table. The Start screen for example,...
  10. Windows 9 Preview to Launch This Year, New Activation System in the Works – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Preview to Launch This Year, New Activation System in the Works – Rumor: Windows 9 is work in progress at Microsoft and new rumors coming via Russian leaker WZor reveal some pretty interesting tidbits about this fresh version of the operating system. In a post published on Russian-language forum Ru-Board, WZor says that Microsoft is very likely...