Windows 10: Microsoft to Local account then delete

Discus and support Microsoft to Local account then delete in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Community: Appreciate if anyone can help me with this question: I needed to borrow my friend's computer so she added an account for me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Surface Pro 7 Help, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Microsoft to Local account then delete

Hi Microsoft Community:

Appreciate if anyone can help me with this question: I needed to borrow my friend's computer so she added an account for me to that computer. At that time I used my Microsoft account. Then after using it for a while, I logged out/switched that account to a local account, and using it since. Then I need to return the computer to my friend, I deleted this local account which is the only account showing under "setting". My question is what happens to Microsoft account it was created originally? Will any of the data from Microsoft account still remain in that computer? There are no accounts showing after I delete the local account. Thank you very much!

:)

Surface Pro 7 Help, Oct 30, 2020

2. Delete Local account and How can I get rid of this "Microsoft Account"?

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are tryin to remove that Microsoft account password login. We will help you.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• When you say, delete my Microsoft Account do you wish to switch to Local account from Microsoft account?
    • Do you wish to delete the any other accounts which has been added?
    We cannot delete Microsoft account when we have logged in to the system. However we can switch to Local account from MS account.

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search
      in taskbar and type account.

• Click on Accounts.

• Now, under Your account, click on
      Sign in with Local account instead.

• Enter your Microsoft account password
      for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.

• Enter User name credentials for your the Local account
      and click OK.

• Now, login to Local account.
    Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Microsoft to Local account then delete :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Microsoft to Local account then delete

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft to Local account then delete

1. Microsoft to Local account then delete - Similar Threads - Microsoft Local account

2. deleting a local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    deleting a local account: I have opened a local user account in the name of 'some one'. I want to rimove it. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-local-account/50c674b2-8228-40db-884e-ede446a35ffa
  3. deleting a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting a local account: I have opened a local user account in the name of 'some one'. I want to rimove it. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-local-account/50c674b2-8228-40db-884e-ede446a35ffa
  4. deleting a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete local account isssue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete local account isssue: We just finished building my new desktop, and my partner did a win10 install while I was occupied. When setting up Windows, he was forced to set up a local account because the motherboard had no net drivers and could not access the internet/sign into an account. He was able...
  6. how do I delete a local microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I delete a local microsoft account: How do I delete a local account without losing the data attached to it...eg my son is using online learning from my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-local-microsoft-account/343b30b0-77d7-41ee-9e5a-93cf9709f237
  7. Restoration of my deleted microsoft account from local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restoration of my deleted microsoft account from local account: As I mistakely disabled all the systems in task manager..and later on when I turned on the computer i couldn't login as i dont know the password..before I used to login from pincode but that pin login option has also disabled..so neither I was able to turn on wifi nor I was...
  8. deleting local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleting local account: hi i have a trouble finding my another local account in the setting tab i went researching about my problem but none of them have the answer is their other way to find local account and delete them because i want to delete it to make my laptop fast because this is kind of old...
  9. Local account deleted?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account deleted?: Hi, My computer crashed and when it rebooted, it required me to login with my Microsoft account. Now, this computer has had a local account since I got it 5 or 6 years ago. I have never used the Microsoft account on this computer. Trying to switch back to the local...
  10. Local Account Deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account Deleted: I enabled hidden Administrator account and latter accidentally deleted my local account*Doh which caused me some data loss. I only care about videos which were there in downloads folder. Are there any chances of their recovery? Regards! 45654