Windows 10: Microsoft to make font management easier on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft to make font management easier on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The next feature update, currently codenamed 19H1 and also known as Windows 10 version 1903, will come with improvements to the font management. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 17, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft to make font management easier on Windows 10

The next feature update, currently codenamed 19H1 and also known as Windows 10 version 1903, will come with improvements to the font management. The Settings app in Windows 10 comes with a font section that allows users to download, set up and configure fonts on the operating system.

You can easily install, configure, customize, delete and manage fonts in Windows 10. In release notes of the recent preview build, Microsoft confirmed that the next update codenamed 19H1 will improve this aspect of Windows 10.

With Windows 10 version 1903, Microsoft is improving the font management by allowing users to set up and configure fonts much easier than before. The revised fonts management allows users to install fonts by using nothing more than a drag and drop.

While you can install fonts directly from the Microsoft Store, you may still want to store font files locally on your device and install it in Windows 10 via the Fonts settings.

Microsoft to make font management easier on Windows 10 Fonts-drag-and-drop.jpg

In Windows 10 19H1, users can navigate to Settings > Personalization > Fonts and tap on a box that is called Add fonts to install fonts by drag and drop. If the font file is pinned to the desktop, you can simply drag and drop it from the desktop or File Explorer (local disks) to this box and Windows will install the font.

After the font is installed, users will find it on the same page in the Available fonts section. You can also click on the entry to view the font faces, access additional information or remove the font.

With just a couple of taps, you can install any custom font in Windows 10 and this does not require elevated privileges, so the process is fast and it can be done without an administrator account.

Microsoft is still testing the new font management improvements and it could be polished before the public rollout. In addition to font improvements, Microsoft is also addressing the reliability concerns of the Start Menu, separating Cortana from Search, improving Windows Update management, introducing a light theme and more with the next feature update.

As per Microsoft’s typical schedule, Windows 10 version 1903 general public rollout should kick off in April.

The post Microsoft to make font management easier on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Polarman Win User

Font Manager

I remember using Adobe's Type Manager a long time ago to manage fonts on my old Win98 machine. It's not very convenient to have 1000+ fonts installed all the time. Having a font manager can help with keep things organized.

I was curious about finding something similar since Type Manager is no longer made. I found these 2 (Freebie) software that are pretty neat. *Smile Microsoft to make font management easier on Windows 10 :)

AMP Font Viewer 3.86

AMP Font Viewer - Complete font manager: view, organize, install, delete and print fonts lists (TrueType, OpenType and Type 1) - AMPsoft

Font Frenzy

http://www.sdsoftware.org/default.asp?id=5929

Polarman, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Microsoft to make font management easier on Windows 10

Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

Thanks for the suggestion, but, sadly, it does not. In addition, I have gone to the Font Management setting and followed Microsoft's directions explicitly. Win 10 will NOT let me delete any installed font (except ones that I have installed myself), and it will NOT let me hide any font at all. The 'Hide' setting says it will hide the font from applications, but EVERY application that offers a choice of fonts, whether from Microsoft (Office, Word, Wordpad, Notepad, etc.) or third parties (such as OpenOffice) shows ALL the fonts listed in the Font Management listing. Every. Single. One.

There was a script for removing the non-Latin fonts from Win 7 that automated the process. That script does not work in Win 10. Is there one that does?

Thanks in advance for any help/

Bookbear1948, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft to make font management easier on Windows 10

1. Microsoft to make font management easier on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft font management

2. How to make website fonts bold and easier to read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make website fonts bold and easier to read: My 80 year old eyes don't do the job they used to do. I like to go onto my computer in the bedroom after waking, and though the screen it is attached to across the room is a 55" TV, I have difficulty reading many webpages because the fonts, while large enough, are not bold...
  3. How to make website fonts bold and easier to read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make website fonts bold and easier to read: My 80 year old eyes don't do the job they used to do. I like to go onto my computer in the bedroom after waking, and though the screen it is attached to across the room is a 55" TV, I have difficulty reading many webpages because the fonts, while large enough, are not bold...
  4. Microsoft makes it easier to install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft makes it easier to install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) on Windows 10: Microsoft has improved the installation process for the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in the recent Insider Preview build 20246. Starting in this build and going forward, all it takes to install all necessary components and a supported Linux distribution is a single...
  5. #MSIgnite 2020: Microsoft making app development easier on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2020: Microsoft making app development easier on Windows 10: Building great apps on Windows should be easier – no matter how your app is written. We want to ensure you have a path forward to make your apps better on Windows and we’re doing that with Project Reunion. We’re creating a unified app...
  6. Microsoft is making it a lot easier to access Linux files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft is making it a lot easier to access Linux files in Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pdp10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gcsgcb/microsoft_is_making_it_a_lot_easier_to_access/
  7. Making window resizing easier

in Windows 10 Support
    Making window resizing easier: Is there any way to change how close the mouse pointer has to be to a window border in order to resize it? On my system (running version 1909) the pointer has to be within a few pixels of the border in order to get it to turn into the double-ended arrow, which can be kind of...
  8. making fonts bold therefore easier to read

in Windows 10 Customization
    making fonts bold therefore easier to read: Hello I have been reading some of the comments about later editions of Windows 10 home, having "improvements" which effectively make life harder for some users, myself included. I have a mild visual impairment and need to have fonts in BOLD for ease of reading/eyesight on...
  9. Windows 10: Making Deployment Easier

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Making Deployment Easier: As Joe mentioned in this blog post, the amount of interest in the Windows 10 preview has been phenomenal. We appreciate that IT pros are trying out the new features and providing feedback. But more importantly, we appreciate the sheer number of devices that you are upgrading...
  10. Making it Easier to Upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Making it Easier to Upgrade to Windows 10: Windows 10 has been a great journey so far. Following the plan we originally outlined in June, more than 110M devices have upgraded. If you’re already running Windows 10 – thank you! Our aspiration is for customers to choose Windows, and to love Windows. Our early data...