Windows 10: Microsoft to open source core Xamarin technologies in Visual Studio

Discus and support Microsoft to open source core Xamarin technologies in Visual Studio in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is open sourcing the Xamarin software development kit, and is making Xamarin Studio for OSX available for no additional cost for Visual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft to open source core Xamarin technologies in Visual Studio

Read more: Microsoft to open source core Xamarin technologies and release for free in Visual Studio | ZDNet

Brink, Mar 30, 2016
  2. AcuraTML Win User

Thanks Shawn for this very important news flash!

At this pace I believe we are within the big and final surprise I believe after July 2016 when we will hear more about open source un classifications in Windows going forward " it will have to happen if Microsoft wants to compete on the world stage of portable and mobile computing going forward"

Its a dead end if Microsoft keeps Windows in closed source status going forward in many factors then one...

I strongly believe its just a matter of time Microsoft opens fully their code on Windows right across the board in the very near future if they want to be a step ahead on OS's and where the future is going...

Apple Inc, is starting to see the light for awhile and the profits and solid reason why closed source doesn't make any sense to have this type of closed box type of thinking going forward, it just makes everything right across the board more difficult for example hardware and driver folks, and the very positive and fast paced app designers that is today the most profitable and most busy sector within IT on the global stage, example look at the great App store by Google and its current status.

I believe Microsoft and Apple want to benefit and have that type of system and style at the end of the day...

:)

AcuraTML, Mar 30, 2016
  3. Xamarin Visual Studio

I am getting this error Body must be 4 to 60000 characters long.
    A
    nd it is the same which I posted here

Aeden Thomas, Mar 30, 2016
  4. Microsoft to open source core Xamarin technologies in Visual Studio

Problems After Winding Back From Latest Preview

The store is now working, as is the settings tab but the apps are still hidden although they are all there you have to go through search to open them. I have no Live Tiles either I just noticed. I really don't want to refresh or reset as I have a lot of
    software on this box including Visual Studio and Android Studio, Xamarin, Eclipse, Java and Cygwyn. Its actually a gaming laptop but I use it for dev work. If it helps its a Lenovo Y50-70 Core i7, 16GB RAM. As far as I know every program still works, although
    Visual Studio is now making me sign in everytime now!

Craig Hinkley, Mar 30, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft to open source core Xamarin technologies in Visual Studio

1. Microsoft to open source core Xamarin technologies in Visual Studio - Similar Threads - Microsoft open source

2. Is this source of Visual Studio licences legit/legal?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this source of Visual Studio licences legit/legal?: I strongly suspect that the fact that I even have to ask the question means that the answer will be "no" but I thought it worth asking in case.Someone just sent me a link to gamivo.com, where they are offering "Visual Studio Enterprise 2022 MS Products CD Key" for just over...
  3. Is this source of Visual Studio licences legit/legal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this source of Visual Studio licences legit/legal?: I strongly suspect that the fact that I even have to ask the question means that the answer will be "no" but I thought it worth asking in case.Someone just sent me a link to gamivo.com, where they are offering "Visual Studio Enterprise 2022 MS Products CD Key" for just over...
  4. Is this source of Visual Studio licences legit/legal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sandboxie Technologies (SBIE Open source)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie Technologies (SBIE Open source): During the past year, Sandboxie has gone from being a paid program, to freeware, and now Open source. This thread is dedicated to Tom Brown’s Sandboxie Open source project. I think what's special about this project is the sense of continuity that comes along with Tom’s...
  6. Visual studio community is free , open source or paid software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual studio community is free , open source or paid software: i downloaded visual studio community as i can't find separate applications for c,cpp and visual studio . i am a computer student. i downloaded it because i thought it was free, open source. [ATTACH] But in visual studio community, this shows like this : [ATTACH] This...
  7. microsoft visual studio c++

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft visual studio c++: why i have so much microsoft visual studio c++ can i uninstall them[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-studio-c/aadbad4b-4e91-4086-a546-b7f906b2f387
  8. New Visual Studio, Visual Studio for Mac, .NET Core and Xamarin.Forms

in Windows 10 News
    New Visual Studio, Visual Studio for Mac, .NET Core and Xamarin.Forms: Microsoft Build has always been a time when we deliver a wealth of developer-focused announcements. It’s an opportunity to share our vision for developer experiences across mobile, AR/VR, cloud, web, desktop, IoT and AI. This year, I’m excited to have brought this vision to...
  9. Microsoft integrates Visual Studio with open-source Eclipse IDE

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft integrates Visual Studio with open-source Eclipse IDE: At Microsoft, our developer mission is to deliver experiences that empower any developer, building any application, on any OS. And this mission requires us to be open, flexible, and interoperable: to meet developers and development teams where they are, and provide tools,...
  10. Open sourcing the Visual Studio Test platform

in Windows 10 News
    Open sourcing the Visual Studio Test platform: Yesterday we released our unit test execution infrastructure as an open source project. You’ll also find an open source project with the documentation. VSTest is a very extensible unit test execution framework. The base engine, discovers tests and runs them. It can...